January Jungles: Borderlands 2 DLC Goes Hunting

By Adam Smith on December 20th, 2012 at 9:00 pm.

Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt is the next wedge of DLC for Borderlands 2. A big game hunt could be a sort of man-shooter shooter, but spiffy old Hammerlock is more concerned with blowing the pelts off the hordes of beasties that populate Pandora. The new post-campaign story content will introduce a new villain and, most exciting, a new continent that is covered in jungles and swamps. Although any ‘Sir’ worthy of the title is sure to doff a cap occasionally, the DLC won’t be raising the cap. The level cap that is. In an interview with IGN, 2K did suggest that the level cap will increase in the first quarter of 2013, possibly in a second season of new content. A video-trailer follows, as is customary.

The DLC will be available January 15th. Tally ho and all that.

, , , , .

1. Discopanda says:

I predict the next article will be about the Black Isle crowdfunding thing!

• erikagarver9 says:

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do..Read More

2. Njordsk says:

So…. bows, right?

3. grundus says:

Yeah I pretty much want this. To be good. Because I’ve already paid for it. And the last two I’d pre-paid for weren’t great.

Note to self: Stop buying ‘season passes’.

• Xyvik says:

Might I inquire as to what you didn’t like about the first two? Myself I’m a huge BL/BL2 fan and thoroughly enjoyed both the pirate and Torque’s. What didn’t you like about them?
      (not flaming/trolling, just honestly curious)

• fish99 says:

Haven’t played the 2nd one, but I found the characters in the pirates DLC fairly boring and one dimensional, and there was quite a lot of regular BL2 enemies with pirate hats on. It didn’t really have any story that I noticed either.

• CletusVanDamme says:

Haven’t got around to playing Torgue yet either (well, I played five minutes of it to check it out quickly) but I mostly disagree on the pirates DLC. I found the characters great for the most part – one dimensional perhaps but definitely not boring. Shade, Herbert, even Aubrey (to a lesser degree) are characters that I very much enjoyed. The only character I didn’t take to as much as my group was Scarlett herself. As for story, well, not sure how you missed it but it was definitely there, on several different levels. The gameplay (and environments), of course, was the same old Borderlands with nothing new to add (though the bosses were fun) but I genuinely thought the characters and story were good and in fact what carried the DLC.

For the new DLC, I’m already backlogged with Torgue. These DLC are coming thick and fast.

• fish99 says:

I guess we disagree then. TBH I found the whole of BL2 a disappointment despite really enjoying BL1.

Btw the story of that DLC was: there’s some treasure, find it. I also found it way too easy, way easier than anything in the regular game.

And the actress playing Scarlett kept losing her accent. I guess it was too much effort to just find someone british to play the part.

Keymonk says:

Looking forward to it! Enjoyed the other DLC so far – bring it on~

5. HP says:

GoCash provides gamers quality and convenience.
    GoCash is one of most popular card payment system used in conjunction with some of the internet’s
    most popular game titles. With GoCash prepaid game cards, gamers have the convenience to purchase
    game credits to play their favorite RPG, FPS, MMO, RTS and other titles and make in-game purchases in
    their favorite free-to-play games. Denominations vary from $5 to $100, there’s an amount for everyone
    from the casual player to the hardcore gamer. In the best interest of their convenience, gamers can
    either go to their local convenience or video game shop to buy game credits; alternatively, they can
    purchase their game cards online and instantly reap the benefits of their purchase.

6. solymer89 says:

Well this is nice, I just picked up BL2 on the Steam holiday sale. Oh and holy spam bots!

7. Armante says:

nice spambotting there.. bah-humbug. can they be reported or something, so that if multiple reports come in they are automagically deleted and blocked?

8. malkav11 says:

I’d be a lot happier with the Borderlands 2 DLC if they would discount it at all during sales. Hey guys: I already bought your game. Giving me a discount on the game I ALREADY OWN will not induce me to spend more money on you. Giving me a discount on THE DLC OR SEASON PASS would.

9. godofdefeat says:

I just want zombies.

Gearbox Please, make a DLC with Zombies :(.

• CletusVanDamme says:

I dunno, we already had that with Doctor Ned’s Zombie Island DLC in the first game. Not sure if I want to see another along those lines when I can just load that up. Would prefer to see new stuff.

• speedwaystar says:

that would be Sir Hammerpoint’Z Big Game Hunt, then.

• x1501 says:

Because if there’s something the world needs, it’s yet another game with zombies in it. Also, a modern military-themed corridor first-person shooter, and a fantasy RPG game where you start off by fighting rats, skeletons and oversized spiders. Finally seeing one of those would be awesome.

10. TomxJ says:

Just started Torgue last night, glad there’s more Big game for me to sink my teeth into after.

11. Namey says:

I find the BL2 DLC’s pretty disappointing so far. I’d want something a bit more like General Knoxx’s from the last game, that feels more like a continuation of the story. So far we’ve been getting these themepark DLC’s which are fine and all, but not really amazing. They’ve failed to WOW so far.

also as far as first playthrough goes, it’s getting a bit ridicilous how badly you will overlevel the entire game if you stop to do the DLC’s. I’m sure they provide good content for capped characters in NG+ though

12. spacesin says:

It will be a DLC comprised entirely of raid bosses. All of them will be impervious to gunfire, and the only way to kill them will be to slowly lead them through fields of spikes over the course of an hour. The spikes also hurt you.

I love BL2 and everything, but Borderlands sure is bad at boss fights. Hope this one is good, because Sir Hammerlock is pretty cool.