Team Fortress 2′s Seasonal Mecha-Engineer

By Jim Rossignol on December 20th, 2012 at 7:00 pm.

TF2′s Christmas update is a Big Rock one. The new Big Rock map will contain the Mecha-Engineer, expanding the roster for the Mann Vs Machine mode. Valve explain: “These Grinch-like Smissmas cakewalk destroyers can skip huge areas of the path with their teleporting ability, and also teleport other robots forward instantly with their “telling other robots about the teleporter” ability.”

There will also be new weapons. But you knew that. Right? There’s also a new comic. Hooray for holidays!

__________________

« | »

, .

1. RakeShark says:

It will be a sad day when no-one remembers anything about TF2.

2. x3m157 says:

Dammit Linux, let my graphics card work already! I am suffering from an acute case of TF2 withdrawal.

3. felisc says:

Sometimes i wonder if i am the only idiot who still hasn’t played TF2. somehow the fact that it’s free makes me say “ah i’ll try it later”. madness.

4. Discopanda says:

MAGGOTS!

5. Dominic White says:

I would honestly pay good subscription money for a bi-weekly TF2 comic series. It’s beautifully written, I love the art, and the continuity is just perfect, considering that it’s an effectively nonsensical setting now.

6. Beelzebud says:

On the event page there is a picture of the mecha-engineer on a monitor and it looks like he’s in the process of saying “Hats, all your hats are belong to us”

7. obvioustroll says:

Was hoping they would bring back wave 666 in a festive theme.

8. soldant says:

I stopped playing TF2 a while ago because it’s just a god-awful mess these days, but I still stop and read these little bits and pieces that they release. They’re far more entertaining than the game itself these days.

9. GValer says: