Underground Metal: Impire

By Adam Smith on January 25th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Impire is apparently due for release in early Q1 2013, which translates as ‘soon’. I’ll be seeing more of the game, which revolves around those PC staples of dungeon construction and monster management. During my brief look at the game, I was impressed by the impact the animations had on the impartation of character. The minions were already polished little blighters, likeable in a comically cruel sort of way. The overworld missions should add some longevity and tactical depth to the tunnelling and torturing. I shall be seeing more of the game in the very near future soon and will report back then. In the meantime, here’s a new video with music that may have come from Fred Wester’s personal collection.

I was listening to Deerhunter while I watched the trailer. I bet dungeon music is very loud.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Dances to Podcasts says:

I’m listening to Death From Above. Works pretty well as well.

2. Vorphalack says:

Camp evil and folk metal. Everything I want in a game.

3. Zepp says:

what a lame looking imp, nothing beats Horny

4. Shooop says:

35 seconds in the video: Deathmold?! Doing a Dr. Evil impression?!

5. mckertis says:

I’m not quite Imspired by this trailer…

6. vonkrieger says:

Trying to evoke this perhaps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5ODEGR1KQ

That intro still hits all the right spots…

7. Perjoss says:

my eyes were like “yes!”

but my ears were all “help me!”

8. meatshit says:

Please don’t suck. Please don’t suck.

• Zarunil says:

After the predictable letdown that was Dungeons (published by Kalypso), I’m still waiting for my Dungeon Keeper fix.

• socrate says:

seeing how this is published by Paradox and made by cyanide..seriously are you that hopeless?

Paradox just don’t have what it take to bring quality game of high caliber like Dungeon keeper,this just look like Dungeons all over again…bad company tend to suck the life out of good old thing alots just look at what kind of movie we get these days.

The only game id recommend getting from them is Crusader king 2…and even then as good as the game is the gazillion DLC is just the biggest turn off to buy a game for me ever,im totally not into this age of having content cut and put into small ass DLC that should have been a full expansion or included in a patch to start with.

When i played Dungeon i felt like i was spit in the face and hated them forever for using Dungeon Keeper fame to push their crappy made game.

Seeing the recently extremely horrible take on Dwarf Fortress with A Game of Dwarf just reminded me how bad and exploitive paradox can become and tend to release bad and unfinished overhyped product all the time,with very rare moment of good game release.

• Archonsod says:

S’funny, because Kalypso came right out and said the game was nothing like Dungeon Keeper long before they released it, instead claiming it to be tower defence with a difference.

• Malibu Stacey says:

If you’ve played anything else which Cyanide have developed, you would be too.

9. Cpfoxhunt says:

For some reason, this is the first game (that isn’t a kickstarter) that I’ve felt genuinely excited about in ages. Can’t wait – even if it’s nothing like dungeon keeper there seems to be enough *flails for description* – humour? Character? In the minions etc themselves that this will be worth buying if only to see if they have pulled it off.

10. BathroomCitizen says:

War for the Overworld looks a bit more solid to me than this one.

11. MuscleHorse says:

You wait years and years for a Dungeon Keeper sequel/rip-off/remake/inspired by game to come by and suddenly several come by all at once.

Which is excellent.

• socrate says:

No its not…id rather take no game anytime compared to having to see bad remake/rip-off of a game i once venerated and will just remember after as a crappy thing that will just demoralize me when i think about it.

Same goes for movie,indiana Jone and Star wars are pretty much dead to me at this point and i have 0 interest in them at this point and its no longer something id want to pass on to future generation as all they will see is that this world is only becoming more and more crappy.

So far everything ive seen in terms of remake/rip-off of Dungeon keeper isnt even worth mentioning…everything they did so far just seems of lesser quality with bad animation and really nothing new added worth mentioning….at this point id rather just play DK1 and DK2 back again and remember good thing about the game that i venerate the most.

• MuscleHorse says:

All I can say to that is not all of us have trouble distinguishing between games. If this turns out to be dreadful, so be it, I’ll still remember fondly (and occasionally reinstall) DK1 and 2.

12. niyagamu says:

my best friend’s ex-wife makes $78/hour on the computer. She has been fired from work for 9 months but last month her pay check was $19390 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site http://www.Cloud65.com

13. Malibu Stacey says:

Dear Mr Spambot,
    $19390 at $78 per hour is 248.5 hours. That is in no way “a few hours” as it equates to 10 straight days or 6 working weeks if a working week is considered to be 40 hours (8 hours per day for 5 days).

Also I’d be impressed if cam whores make $78/hour.

14. Nick says:

symphonic power metal up ins

Comment on this story