The Name Of A Videogame: Megabyte Punch

By Jim Rossignol on February 4th, 2013 at 4:00 pm.

Reptile Games send word that they’re working on “a customizable fighting/beat ‘em up game”, and would really like us to have a look. Let’s take a look, shall we? You know, just to be polite. It’s called Megabtye Punch, which suggests it might just be a videogame. There’s some footage below, which allows us to see that it’s all a bit Super Smash Bros, with a colourful slab of platforming whirling before your eyes at surprising speed. They go into quite some detail about how the fighting works, but what about that “customizable” notion? Well, you build your own character. Impressive, eh? Impressive.

There’s a demo over on Desura.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Chizu says:

Picked this up on indiegamestand a little while back after giving the demo a go.
    Keep meaning to actually play it. They seem to be updating it pretty regularly.

2. Hoaxfish says:

It reminds me a bit of Spiral Knights with that colour palette and UI.

3. trjp says:

It’s available in the current Greenlight Bundle too

• Noburu says:

Bought the bundle to support then Greenlight games this weekend. Only played Megabyte Punch so fare and its is TOTALLY worth the $5 minimum all by itself. The game plays like a cross between Megaman and Smash Bros IMO, except you can mix and match parts from robots you kill. I put ~ 6 hours or so into it and am nearly finished with the game (I think).

4. InternetBatman says:

Looks like Smash Bros.

• Magnetude says:

Smash Bros on PC would make me happier than anything ever, so this is good. The last level almost looked like a straight copy of a level from the original, thumbs up

5. Inigo says:

“a customizable fighting/beat ‘em up game”

This could be either the best or the worst thing ever.

DrAmateurScience says:

Watching the video I actually said ‘ooh splitscreen’ out loud.

Then I remembered I don’t have any friends.

Sadness.

7. Donncha O Caoimh says:

I bought this on indiegamestand too and have put an hour or two into it with my son. It’s fun but customizing your character is flexible. I got bored of it after a a couple of levels but it’s worth playing the demo at least as it’s well done and looks good.

8. Jesse L says:

They breathe pretty hard for robots. Even the shopkeeper is heaving away!

9. MegaAndy says:

I have bought and played this all evening, and i have to say I LOVE IT. (got it in the greenlight bundle too)