Crysis 3 Can Be Swampy Green And Murky

By Jim Rossignol on February 8th, 2013 at 9:00 pm.

I hope that Psycho admits his love for the player at some point. Look at his caring eyes. Sigh.
News collectors VG247 have a bunch of Crysis 3 footage, which I have cheerfully reblogged below. Producer-man Michael Read has a bit to say about it, too, explaining what makes that section – Swamp – unique. Well, it’s swampy green and might murky, for a start. But also you get to kill men! Oh. Well, I am sure there is other stuff. Looks awesome, actually, but I am clearly Crytek’s target audience: someone who looks forward to whispering MAXIMUM COCKNEY as my battle chum burbles in my ear. And just look at it!

In other news: I’m going to make some dinner. Mexican tonight!

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Nim says:

My computer always get bogged down trying to render things like these.

2. Delixe says:

Where are the microtransactions? It’s just not an EA game without them. I was looking forward to inserting my credit card and having a gun that will fire my money.

• phelix says:

They’ll add it in eventually. Remember that insane-fire-rate ridiculugun™ they threw in as a pre-order bonus? No doubt that’ll be buyable DLC in a month.

3. Fanbuoy says:

Mexican? Tonight? What about Taco Tuesdays?

Yes, that is indeed what I find most interesting in this article. I have Cryses in my backlog.

4. seamoss says:

This guy needs to cut down on his coffee intake – talk about twitchy…

5. SirKicksalot says:

They hired NanosuitNinja to demo the game. I assume this is him playing. Looks awesome.

• subedii says:

I suspect it is. I can’t think of any other reason why they’d be showcasing it on a PC.

I do like the way he’s continually shifting around the bow “draw weight” setting for different situations.

• caddyB says:

Nanosuitninja is awesome. I’m glad all that great gameplay vids worked out for him.

6. Shooop says:

3:32 – “The story we’ve always wanted it to be a very linear, cinematic type experience…”

No need to bother with this game then. Thanks for saving me the time presenter-man.

• subedii says:

Um what?

I realise you’re trying to disparage the game for linearity, but did you just mentally block out the sentences immediately following that one or something?

Otherwise if we’re talking story, then a linear / cinematic attempt at storytelling isn’t surprising. Arguably Crysis 1 was going for that as well.

• Shooop says:

The sort of “freedom’ they offering is now “either climb the wall or go straight”. It’s cooridors with two paths instead of one.

That’s not how the first game worked.

7. The Dark One says:

Crysis has levels now?

8. jwfiore says:

Needs a “caring eyes” tag.

9. yourgrandma says:

Still looks like “no fun allowed” type shooter that crysis 2 was. Nothing like crysis 1.

• f1x says:

Well, we’ll have to see that, I still want to give it a try to see it myself

but yes didn’t see any “here is an enemy camp, clear it the way you like”
      that was the trademark of Crysis 1 (korean enemies part at least)

• Grape Flavor says:

Didn’t we just have Far Cry 3 to scratch that itch, though?

Besides, Crytek gave us two full campaigns of that style in Crysis and Crysis Warhead. While I understand that some people were disappointed with the increased linearity in Crysis 2, I for one don’t begrudge them for changing things up a bit instead of simply rehashing the first game in each sequel.

I’m looking forward to Crysis 3. Hope they can send the trilogy out on a high note with this one.

• f1x says:

You are right, I’m positive about Crysis 3, also because I have some friends working at Crytek and they are pretty proud of what they did in Crysis 3 (which is good considering themselves are not happy with Crysis 2)

And yes, Crysis needs to find its own way, can’t live in the shadow of Farcry or (opposite side) CoD

10. felisc says:

listening to the gameplay parts with my eyes closed… that sound design is impressively punchy !

11. SuicideKing says:

Basically Crysis 2 + new maps and a bow.

12. Deadly Sinner says:

I used to have absolutely no interest in this game, but this video does make it look fun. Plus, apparently Psycho is coming back and they’re focusing on how the suit affects the person inside it, so this gives me hope that this will be better than Crysis 2 on all fronts.

13. Reapy says:

I love how he kept saying it is a vertical map but its a flat swap with a few guy sin some trees. Vertical maps are like the cliff ascent in hl1 or most of jedi outcast 2. Damn it has been a while since I played a manshoot, I should probably get farcry 3.

14. Radiant says:

Jim.

You’re going to make dinner at 9pm?

On a full stomach?

You are not young any more Rossignol.

If you die early WE WILL NEVER SEE SIR YOU ARE BEING HUNTED.

• Jim Rossignol says:

> Either you’re making it out of a couple of packets and a jar or you’re going to finish eating it at 11pm and at which time are you going to go to sleep?

Or I scheduled the post at 6pm for a 9pm posting.

• Radiant says:

You started making dinner at 6pm?
        Your husband must be so proud :)

Jk jim; really there is no getting out of the parental disappointment troll vortex.

The only way for the husband comment to be more offensive was if I spelt it “you’re”

• Gap Gen says:

Not sure I get this. Are you saying that gay marriage is bad, and that it’s offensive to suggest that someone is in one? Because I’m not sure that’s true at all.

15. TheMrSolaris says:

Hello CCP Daishi :P

/Solaris

16. kupofatu says:

my neighbor’s half-sister makes $74 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for eight months but last month her pay check was $17399 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more http://www.Cloud65.com

17. bionicazn says:

i may need to overclock my gpu for this game. beta doesn’t run as smooth as I want : (.

18. SuicideKing says: