CS:GO? CS:50% Off, More Like

By Jim Rossignol on February 8th, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

CS:GO‘s map workshop opened up this week, replete with the environmental tinkerings of its busy community. There are already eight pages of maps to flick through. Valve are keen to get more up there, too, as they explain: “Don’t hesitate to get your rough draft up on the Workshop. You can update your map as often as you’d like, and players and servers will stay current. The best way to test a map is to get players in there, so publish early and publish often!” As headlined, it’s now 50% off until the 11th, so you can get a taste of the militaristic bounty for cheap, if you want.

Anyone playing this regularly?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. CaspianRoach says:

Aaaand there is an official new version of cs_assault now.

2. Borklund says:

Counter-StrikeFACE!

3. Outright Villainy says:

Funnily enough, Valve have actually snuck in 2 new game modes on the workshop, one of which is on a new map. It’s surpsising they didn’t mention it on the blog though, and I haven’t really seen any servers running it yet. Still, something other than defusal (and occasionally hostage) would be nice for a change!

• Malibu Stacey says:

The original Counter-Strike had Assassination maps (Protect the VIP) and and Escape maps where terrorists spawned only with pistols and had no buy zone with the objective being to get to an escape zone.
      These were sadly dropped officially for Counter-Strike: Source.

4. mishala says:

I wonder if rockpapershotgun gets paid for these advertisements.

5. televizor says:

Anyone got something to trade for the ORIGINAL Counterstrike? I just have it on Steam and it’s just sitting there, don’t wanna add/play it

6. Balaks says:

It is fantastic – has totally got me hooked again on CS. Most certainly worth the £5.99 I paid for it.

7. Fazer says:

In other news, CS and CSS are now available for Steam on Linux. The future is here!

8. kuporuta says:

If you think Rachel`s story is good…, 3 weeks ago my dads neighbour brought in $4094 workin an eleven hour week at home and their neighbor’s mother`s neighbour was doing this for nine months and broght in more than $4094 part-time from there mac. apply the information from this address… http://www.Cloud65.com

9. BooleanBob says:

Yes yes but where is the fawlty towers map

10. Phantoon says:

No, and this is the most lackluster title ever.

11. TechnicalBen says:

I’ve got a copy of Bastion I’d happily trade for this. Anyone interested?

• Stupoider says:

Similarly, I’ve got a few things I’d like to trade for CS:GO if anyone’s interested.

I have a spare Humble Indie Bundle #3 Steam key, a Titan Quest key and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War key. Looking to trade all of them for CS:GO.

12. LemonyTang says:

As someone who played both 1.6 (a little bit) and Source (a lot) I have to say I really like CS:GO! It’s really easy to get in to and Valve have done a lot to make it more interesting and accessible. For example there is inbuilt matchmaking that puts you (or your party) together with 9 other players who then play one map of 5v5. For someone who really enjoys playing games competitively, this is a massive bonus than trawling through pages of servers trying to find a good one.

If you’re curious about how GO plays then check this VOD out, it’s a competitive game played recently that went down to the wire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EpS0fpC_XY

Also as someone mentioned above, they released a new game mode in the update which is in test-phase. It’s called Control Point and looks really interesting; atm theres only two maps dust2 and mercy hospital roof (yes, really, haha). It’s difficult to explain but check it out for yourselves!

13. fnkstr says:

i switched to COD 1 when it came out because i felt it had the better gameplay mechanics.. apart from the ever increasing spray factor.. i think it’s still true in principle (movement, leaning ADS, prone etc.)
    in the perfect world… valve would be in charge of distribution… hats off for making money by supporting the community that made them, instead of instead of :)

14. Text_Fish says:

I’ve put my beta map on the workshop:

I’d love everyone who’s interested to subscribe to it and tell me how great I am in the comments bit. Or criticize the map so that I can improve it or something.

15. poisonborz says:

I played it in the beta, and I think they got the feeling right… but I wonder how well it is doing considering this is the second time now that its price is slashed in half with 3 month after its release, and being the third version of essentially the same game.

16. CASHMONEYDAD420 says:

It still feels like a fan update of Counter-Strike wearing the muddy clothes of a modern shooter, made by a team of amateurs without any competitive insight or experience. And nothing short of a complete rework will change that.

I’m just trying to forget that this game exist, and hope that one day this franchise will receive the same love and understanding that their new baby Dota 2 has. Although to be fair, that baby probably would’ve shit the bed without its daddy Icefrog there.

• Malibu Stacey says:

Well it was mostly developed by Hidden Path Entertainment. They of Defence Grid: The Awakening fame.

• OpT1mUs says:

This is such bullshit. I’ve been fan of CS since alpha (~1998), and GO is fucking brilliant. It hooked me again like original did 15 years ago.

Source was the one that was rubbish.

• CASHMONEYDAD420 says:

Nope, sorry. CS:GO started out as a CS:S port for the consoles and that’s all it should’ve been. It certainly feels like it.

Even CSPromod in its current beta stage is ten times better than CS: GO, and made by a team that understands Counter-Strike, with the competitive insight that is needed for a project like this. Too bad they’ve probably doomed themselves with their slow as fuck progression speed, broken promises, and their last decision of letting CS: GO establish itself without any competition from the upcoming (now released) version of CSP.

17. uh20 says:

the first 2 original counter strikes (original and source) are now available for Linux, they are also on weekend sale for %75 off

the above point is probably why cs:go is also on sale, so say thank you for their efforts.

18. kupofatu says:

Logan. I can see what your saying… Dawn`s comment is unimaginable, I just bought a top of the range Peugeot 205 GTi when I got my cheque for $7620 this-past/4 weeks and just a little over ten k last munth. it’s definitly the most comfortable work Ive had. I began this 3 months ago and right away started making at least $71… p/h. , http://www.Cloud65.com

Comment on this story