Plan It, Earth: Reus Gameplay Footage

Abbey Games have sent word that their astonishing-looking side-scrolling god-game, Reus, now has some gameplay footage to explain what’s afoot. In the game you play a planet, on which lives a number of giants, which you control. Via this gigantic creatures you try to make life good for the tiny humans that on the world. But there’s a balance to maintain: the greed of the little people is also your greatest peril. Lead designer Adriaan Jansen explains it better than I can in the video, anyway, so you owe it to yourself – and your fantasies of being a sentient planet – to take a look.

The game is due for release in the “second quarter” of this year.

Looks fascinating. Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

1. AmazingFly says:

This game looks quite interesting and looks good for a game done by students. I wonder how deep the game mechanics go though and how diverse the planets and gameplay options can be.

2. BTAxis says:

• RobinOttens says:

Yeah, I was planning to post a translation of the word for them foreigners, but let’s not.

Game looks cool, at least, the gameplay part. I’m not sure I like the art. Then again, it is a pretty small indie dev making it, so I shouldn’t complain.

• JFS says:

And I was wondering where the heck that accent came from. However, pronouncing Reus is not that difficult. Don’t know about Grotten & Greppels, though ;)

• Low Life says:

As a Finn, I’m fairly confident that I can nail that pronounciation.

3. P4p3Rc1iP says:

“BTAxis says:

Finally, a game with a name unpronounceable to non-Dutchies. I hope the expansion is called “Reus: Grotten & Greppels”.”

:D

4. Bhazor says:

Really liking the look of this. I particularly like the idea of the city you build turning on you, that’s always a cool moment.

5. squareking says:

ALL HAIL THE CRAB GOD

I wish it didn’t have that now-token app-store aesthetic and touch-screeny interface, but it does look interesting.

6. Muzman says:

Even though it’s really a giant crab or something, that screenie always looks like a giant zombie anime girl with big hair hiding behind a hill to me.

7. kuporuta says:

as Rachel answered I am in shock that anybody able to get paid $4563 in a few weeks on the internet. did you read this page http://www.Cloud65.com

8. mr.black says:

I hope they make the animations a bit better in the end.. These look like just another flash game for now..