Plan It, Earth: Reus Gameplay Footage

By Jim Rossignol on February 8th, 2013 at 3:00 pm.

Abbey Games have sent word that their astonishing-looking side-scrolling god-game, Reus, now has some gameplay footage to explain what’s afoot. In the game you play a planet, on which lives a number of giants, which you control. Via this gigantic creatures you try to make life good for the tiny humans that on the world. But there’s a balance to maintain: the greed of the little people is also your greatest peril. Lead designer Adriaan Jansen explains it better than I can in the video, anyway, so you owe it to yourself – and your fantasies of being a sentient planet – to take a look.

The game is due for release in the “second quarter” of this year.

Looks fascinating. Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. AmazingFly says:

This game looks quite interesting and looks good for a game done by students. I wonder how deep the game mechanics go though and how diverse the planets and gameplay options can be.

2. BTAxis says:

• RobinOttens says:

Yeah, I was planning to post a translation of the word for them foreigners, but let’s not.

Game looks cool, at least, the gameplay part. I’m not sure I like the art. Then again, it is a pretty small indie dev making it, so I shouldn’t complain.

• JFS says:

And I was wondering where the heck that accent came from. However, pronouncing Reus is not that difficult. Don’t know about Grotten & Greppels, though ;)

• Low Life says:

As a Finn, I’m fairly confident that I can nail that pronounciation.

3. P4p3Rc1iP says:

“BTAxis says:

Finally, a game with a name unpronounceable to non-Dutchies. I hope the expansion is called “Reus: Grotten & Greppels”.”

:D

4. Bhazor says:

Really liking the look of this. I particularly like the idea of the city you build turning on you, that’s always a cool moment.

5. squareking says:

ALL HAIL THE CRAB GOD

I wish it didn’t have that now-token app-store aesthetic and touch-screeny interface, but it does look interesting.

6. Muzman says:

Even though it’s really a giant crab or something, that screenie always looks like a giant zombie anime girl with big hair hiding behind a hill to me.

7. kuporuta says:

as Rachel answered I am in shock that anybody able to get paid $4563 in a few weeks on the internet. did you read this page http://www.Cloud65.com

8. mr.black says:

I hope they make the animations a bit better in the end.. These look like just another flash game for now..

Comment on this story