Let’s Share Some RPS Community Video Antics

By Jim Rossignol on February 18th, 2013 at 5:00 pm.

There are quite a few communities bustling away in the General Sociability forum, and some of those have produced of videos of their antics. I’ve embedded just a few of those below. There are many more, and I am sure others still I haven’t seen.

Are you doing video stuff with the RPS community? Link your work/play in the comments!

ARPS and some other online Arma 2 types in a 70-man joint ops mission in Arma 2:

NS2 people playing the Faded mod for Natural Selection 2:

The Rock, Paper, Synapse guys commentating on Frozen Synapse league games:

The NC Planetside 2 guys:

Commentated DOTA 2 from the Absolute Bedlam Tournament

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Gap Gen says:

There’s this quite old video of us playing Scourge of War: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbsbTGAP4ww

We had quite a tense game this weekend, with the enemy coming at us in one huge blob, and our centre barely holding with a few depleted regiments facing off against the brunt of the enemy attack. We held eventually, but it was a brutal fight.

• Dorothy_Wildman says:

my neighbor’s sister-in-law makes $62 an hour on the computer. She has been out of work for 6 months but last month her pay check was $14970 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site… http://www.ace60.com

2. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

What devilry is this? Pictures that move? And voices without throats?

3. WoundedBum says:

Please, please, please check out the NS2 group! We mostly play normal games and I plan to upload some video of that today. Would be great to get a server full of RPS people.

• KwisatzHaderach says:

Yes, Just imagine the splendour!
      It really is a neat group we have going, lots of fun. If you play NS2 and haven’t joined up yet, what are you waiting for? If you don’t play NS2 yet, what are you waiting for?

• Vandelay says:

I joined the group yonks ago, but never actually played with anyone. I don’t think there were any games organised for quite a while and I’ve not played much NS2 recently. When do you all normally play? Isn’t it normally Sunday evening or is it just whenever?

• WoundedBum says:

Sunday is a definite although there is talk of potentially giving Thursdays a shot too. We’ve played consistently now for quite a few weeks.

• felisc says:

friend, you’re very wrong, we started playing from the very beginning of the group :) Yes, every sunday at 9pm. there are some occasional random week games happening, but sunday is the righteous day. Come !

4. CMaster says:

For videos of the main Planetside group (the Vanu one)

Mine are listed here (youtube and DL)

Also worth checking out are Jaguar Skills’

5. Masterpwny says:

Great Arma video! Shame I couldn’t hear all the ratatatat for all the ratatat.

6. Demiath says:

What, video gaming as a social activity? Blasphemy and socialism!

7. Roboito says:

That PS2 video gave me a good laugh.

“Stop picking on my small friend!” XD

8. Ansob says:

Someone remade Hidden: Source in NS2? This is the best news of the week.

• felisc says:

yes, the mod is still a work in progress but it’s great already. We’re enjoying it a lot, played it for 3 sundays in a row I think.

9. jimangi says:

It’s hardly regular, given the odd release schedule of the beta weekends, but these Just Cause 2 multiplayer videos might help to demonstrate how we play all manner of games together.

10. Tei says:

Giraffes give me nightmares. Are like ninjas. Worse than ninjas, doppelgangers. You think your teammate will protect you, and then he knifekill you. Because he was a Vanu all the time!.

11. Syra says:

I can’t claim to have played with many RPSers but as I myself am one I suppose my channel of pointless gaming videos (all the popular ones are DayZ Q_Q) is available:

12. caddyB says:

I’ll just say if you liked that PS2 video check out Ayam’s other ones on youtube. I had many laughs and possibly woke some neighbors up because I still didn’t manage to learn that night is for sleep.

13. ShowMeTheMonkey says:

Am I right in saying that the “Faded” mod for NS2 is just the same as the “Hidden: Source”? If so that makes NS2 doubly worth the price!

14. Muffintop says:

Am I the only one who thinks it a little odd that the soldiers in the ARMA video are all camouflaged up, only to have this bright blue helmet?

15. innociv says:

Well I did my own montage with Planetside2, killing aircraft with the Vanguard, but no one else from the RPS community was apart of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyJj611aAA

• Darth_Pingu says:

Yes, yes. I believe that everybody has already seen your video, thank you.
      Like the time you posted it in the SOE forums in an attempt to describe the aim compensation for Vanguards?

• innociv says:

“wat”, is all I can think to say there. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

edit: OH, you mean a stabilizer. Well see, the thing is, there is a suspension on the turret and there is some sort of mild stabilization. The turret doesn’t adjust at the same rate as the hull when the hull shifts quickly. So, yeah. Like I said, I realized a lot of it was me subconsciously stabilizing it myself, but that’s not all of it.

But uh… that didn’t has nothing to do with this video, so— I think this is probably the most appropriate time ever to ask: “Why are you so mad?”

16. Heliocentric says:

I’d post a video of me playing Solium Infernum with RPS readers but it would just be an hour of me muttering about how I will crush them when they least expect it and wringing my hands.

17. DXN says:

Love the Arma 2 video. Hopefully we’ll get some more joint ops organised at some point. Remember, if you’re interested, head over to http://www.folkarps.com/ and join up — regular games are Sunday and Tuesdays at 19:20 GMT!

Comment on this story