BlizzConCaliNov

By Alec Meer on February 19th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

and they say we Brits have bad teeth

Even though no-one plays games with a keyboard and mouse anymore, Blizzard’s annual fan-con somehow attracts huge crowds and helps the Activision-owned developer to earn All The Money from PC games. They’ve just announced the 2013 (and seventh annual) Blizzcon, due this November in Anaheim, California, the United States of America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, origin of sausage and chocolate chip pancake on a stick. What will be there? VIDEOGAMES.

Heart of the Swarm is the next big Blizzdeal we know about, but it’s far from beyond the pale that we could see a big announcement just before Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain take to the stage. I’m going to just straight-up make up some numbers jsut for the hell of it, cos I is top fact-checkin’ journamalizts!

A Diablo III expansion, starring another of Diablo’s bros – 56546546546456546:1312312323423
A World of Warcraft expansion, promising to CHANGE EVERYTHING, raising the level cap and not being about pandas – 7:9
The mysterious Project Titan – 0:0
First trailer for the third StarCraft II game – maybe:maybe
Something about e-sports – 1:1
Blizzard All Stars: 45:41

All that’s been officially shared in the following con-typical fare:

• Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
  • Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
  • In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
  • Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
  • Community contests with great prizes
  • Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
  • More activities and attractions to be announced

It’s possible there’ll be no announcements, of course, as the company has three going concerns as it is right now, but it’s fairly unlike them to only have one known title on the horizon (not counting the third SC2 there, admittedly).
They’re yet to open up ticket sales for the event, so if you’re interested in attending all you can do for now is keep Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 clear in that calendar of yours.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. whexican says:

Starcraft Dating Sim: Passion of the Swarm – 1:1654987

2. Hoaxfish says:

I can’t quite imagine going to one of these “one company” conventions. It feels like it’d be like watching a TV channel dedicated to Mountain Dew and only Mountain Dew.

3. oyog says:

Don’t make light of Sausage and Chocolate Chip Pancakes on a Stick. We take these things very seriously. Jimmy Dean is serious business here in The States.

4. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Hot Murloc on Murloc cosplay action? 1:1

Arrrrwwwwlllllgblgblgbl!

5. Low Life says:

But can you call it annual when they don’t have it every year (such as last year)?

Also, if they still don’t have anything about Titan I’m going to slap someone. Myself. I’m going to slap myself.

6. Moraven says:

If you are thinking about going, book a hotel now. You can always cancel it with no penalty if you do not end up going. In a month or around the time tickets are sold you will not find any nearby hotels. Some good hotels .5 miles away for $100-$120 a night. Hotels 10 feet from the convention go for $200+ a night.

3 years ago BlizzCon seemed a let down since there was no big new accouncement. Demon Hunter was the most exciting thing. Hope to see Titan and/or D3 expo announced. (WoW pandas will just be a year old and SC2 gets an expansion this year). Here is hoping.

7. PopeRatzo says:

The money I save by not going to Blizzcon will buy me a nice new video card and 2 cases of some really nice locally-brewed pilsner. Plus, a nice dinner for me and the wife.

8. Mr. Mister says:

BNot sure if intentional, but you managed to get an irreductible fraction with 56546546546456546:1312312323423.

9. SkittleDiddler says:

I’ve never been to one of these, but I’m assuming that they always end with Blizzard bigshots standing on the stage and masturbating with fistfuls of fan money.

10. Muzman says:

What’s Lady Gaga got to do with this?

11. KikiJiki says:

Whomever can get tickets will surely have a fun time. I’m not a fan of Blizzard anymore but the years I went I had a blast meeting up with friends and checking out what was on offer. Disneyland is a 10 minute walk away as well, so it’s quite well placed.

I’d love to go again but without interest in what’s going to be there I think I’ll try for PAX prime or the International.

Comment on this story