I Played Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army For Half An Hour

By John Walker on March 4th, 2013 at 9:00 pm.

It's even made cheerful old Hitler all grumpy.

And that’s as much as I think any human should have to.

That the apocalyptic scale of the Nazi atrocities are still within living memory tends to give both good and bad reasons for fantastical reimagining of the events. Processing our history, understanding our pasts, and trying to make sense of how such a thing could happen can be explored through metaphor, through the prism of science fiction. It can be indelicate, perhaps directly insensitive, but it can be done with greater purpose in mind. Or you can shout “THE NAZIS ARE ZOMBIES NOW!”

Rebellion have routinely coughed up forgettable shooters for a good long while. While they were behind the okay Aliens Vs Predator in 2010, they’ve also recently been responsible for excrement like Shellshock 2 and Rogue Warrior, and mediocrity like NeverDead and Sniper Elite V2. Yet they persist, and the latest is a clumsy, stupid, and utterly tedious shooter, in which you must first-person shoot the heads of randomly appearing zombies in a dreary, grey corridor. And for some reason they’re Nazis, because that makes a difference apparently.

Oh, okay, I went back and played a bit more. Just in case. It didn’t get any better.

The game seems to think that what we want, what we all secretly harbour a pained desire for, is to be playing yet another zombie game, and yet another one where you must survive waves and waves of identical enemies running toward you until an arbitrary number have had their heads shot off. But! But this time, with guns that seem to have a delay on them, targeting that – to me – often didn’t seem to recognise headshots, and broken, buggy slow-downs that occasionally make it entirely impossible to use a weapon’s scope. And best of all, in a washed out, barely grey world of endless, streets and crumbling buildings, with widely spaced checkpoints ensuring that when your character gets his foot stuck behind a piece of nothing on the ground, and thus eaten, you get to replay everything that came before that yet again!

I just did something I think no other player of Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army will ever do. I exited the game, and then loaded it up again. My scopes now work once more.

Beginning with a cutscene showing a beleaguered Hitler being told his war effort is lost, we see the tiny-moustached monster shoot the officer in the head, and then declare that “Plan Z” must be launched. Then the game starts, and you’re half-informed that you are one of very few people left alive in Germany, the rest being zombies. Who you are, why you’re there, what you’re trying to do, etc, doesn’t appear to be important. You instead must run to the next yellow marker while providing very extreme haircuts to all the undead along the way.

To make what sounds like a very basic concept a bit more interesting, Rebellion have… done nothing at all. That’s it. In my second half hour with the game, skellingtons appeared, with hearts still pointlessly beating in their hollow chests. You have to shoot the hearts, you see.

Which all rather asks the question: why does it have “sniper” in the title? Of the three guns you can carry at any time, one is always a scoped rifle, alongside a machine gun or shotgun, and a pistol of some variety. None is usefully explained, nor feels helpfully different in the mash of play, instead generally only being swapped when you’ve run out of ammo for the one you’re holding. The sniper rifles, well, they’re rifles with a big zoom on them. It’s not about lining up perfect shots with scant few bullets – it’s about hammering out attacks against crowds running toward you. And crowds running toward you isn’t really the circumstances a sniper would usually pick. So you end up using it like any other FPS gun with a right-click to target mode, except it’s less than helpful here because of the limited view and proximity of the seven hundred AI blobs inexorably stumbling in your direction. So, not a sniper game then. Weird that it’s in the title.

Although, to be fair, at the start of each rush of deads, you can try to pick one or two off at range. Get them in the head and it’ll give you a little killcam cutscene, showing the bullet flying across the scene in slow motion, penetrating the zombie’s brain, heart or lungs, and exploding out the other side. Shoot another in a vulnerable spot and it’ll show you a little killcam cutscene, showing the bullet flying across the scene in slow motion, penetrating the zombie’s brain, heart or lungs, and exploding out the other side. Catch another in the chest and it’ll offer a little killcam cutscene, showing the bullet flying across the scene in slow motion, penetrating the zombie’s brain, heart or lungs, and exploding out the other side… The same animation, every single time.

Maybe after the first hour this opens up into an elaborate world of endless entertainment. I’m sure there’s a scene where you fight a zombie version of Hitler, to great amusement. I can’t imagine who would have the stamina to find out. Just seeing the words, “Survive the siege” for a third time were enough to have me disconnect my mouse and keyboard, and throw them into the middle of the Sun. It doesn’t even have the good manners to quit without freezing up.

There’s a co-op mode for anyone who hates their friends, and the whole thing is yours for a bargain price of £10. Buy ten!

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Revolving Ocelot says:

Dead in the water.

Arathain says:

Did any of the developers of this shambling corpse have any brains?

• nicolekidmanq says:

Charlie. true that Eugene`s rep0rt is good… on sunday I got a great new Land Rover Defender after earning $4166 this month and in excess of $10,000 this past-month. it’s certainly the most comfortable job I’ve ever done. I actually started 10-months ago and almost immediately startad bringin home at least $86… per-hour. I work through this website http://www.Fly38.COm/

• Muzman says:

I am mortified from digging in to these grave tidings.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

Sounds like it needs more brains.

• MrEclectic says:

It doesn’t have a leg to stand on

P7uen says:

I’m interested to try co-op against the skeletons but I have no body to play with.

• roryok says:

Hah. A pun thread. I did nazi that coming

• lijenstina says:

Now their only chance is in politics.

2. Greggh says:

“I Played Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army For Half An Hour”
    “And that’s as much as I think any human should have to.”

So it’s a 7/10 then??

Wow, after such a strong headline I didn’t even bother to read the entire article to decide this game sucks… words, huh? – they sometimes just blast through your brains.

• Alexander says:

It has nazis and zombies, both clear, perceivable treats to the human race. You can carry 3 guns – not 2 !!! – and it has realistic gore. Plus bargain price.

9 / 10

RPS can hire me now.

• nimzy says:

Honestly I was expecting a Nein Nein Nein out of ten joke, but I guess we’re a little too highbrow for that around here.

• Alexander says:

That;s actually down there somewhere, mate, in one of the pun threads. Cheers.

beekay says:

I don’t get it. Are you talking about the original game? Because that seemed mediocre, in a way where I’d believe there were plenty of people who had a good deal of fun with it. In stark contrast to zombie nazi sniper 2 or whatever this is called, which is so utterly bereft of any sort of compelling content that you would need to be lethally boring to play for longer than an hour.

p.s. BOOOOOO, BOOO JOHN WALKER I FEEL YOUR WRITING IS INADEQUATE BOOOO

Lars Westergren says:

> Maybe John Sweetie Darling’s just not getting enough fiber in his diet?

So firm stool is a prerequisite for enjoying games about Nazi Zombies?

• lijenstina says:

It’s called hierarchy of needs. Albeit, reviews are a physiological need of the reviewer . :D

Llewyn says:

Very disappointed to learn that you buy the Sun, John.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

“and throw them into the middle of the Sun”
        arf

• El_Emmental says:

The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System.

• Chaosed0 says:

Oh, I think I get the joke now. Just looked it up on Wikipedia.
            The Sun (Burmese: သူရိယ သတင်းစာ; pronounced: [θùɹḭja̰ ðədɪ́ɴzà]) was a Burmese language newspaper published in Burma.

• The Random One says:

But… The Sun is a big UK newspaper. Here, look:

I’m pretty sure there are plenty of The Sun’s around the world, just as there plenty of Dailies, Weeklies, Chronicles, Bugles, Watchmens etc.

• lijenstina says:

They are quite similar. When Sun burns it’s fuel it will engulf Earth just like other tabloids already have done.

4. Ayam says:

“There’s a co-op mode for anyone who hates their friends” – I freaking KNEW it Comrade Sidorenko

5. Chris D says:

So..better than Aliens: Colonial Marines?

6. sinister agent says:

There’s a co-op mode for anyone who hates their friends

IN

7. transmet says:

Why playing a coop game alone? The game’s bloody awesome in coop.

Llewyn says:

What is it about this game that prompts so many people to post their first ever RPS comments in support of it?

I mean, these are people who couldn’t even muster any enthusiasm for The War Z.

• transmet says:

What the hell are you even talking about? War Z? What?

Llewyn says:

Nice way to duck the main body of my comment. Must be your Rebellious streak coming through.

• transmet says:

Oh my, you’re one of *those* guys…

• SuperNashwanPower says:

This is the weirdest argument I have ever read on the internet. I cannot stop reading.

EDIT: NVM, figured it out now. Please continue.

Llewyn says:

Me? I’m a regular RPS commenter. I have things to say about pretty much everything that RPS choose to write about.

You’re not, though. Actually, that’s rather a shame, I’d love a bigger sample of comments on other articles to compare your syntax to, say, that of “xfullboost” on the previous Zombie Sniper Thing article.

• Phendron says:

This is a quality non-argument about which tripe we hate more and the people behind those non-arguments. These are their stories…

• transmet says:

Well, you’re right. Still, while not being a regular commenter on RPS I’m a regular *reader*, and I usually enjoy reading articles here. Just not this one. Is that bad?

• x1501 says:

Uh-huh. I’ve been playing co-op games all my life, but I don’t think I ever saw a single thoroughly crappy game being magically turned into something “bloody awesome” by a simple addition of another player. Must be one hell of a masterpiece, this one.

• xfullboost says:

@Llewyn

aw man, you just made my day. thanks for dropping my name again =D
            funny since my first post on the previous article, I’ve had to stop playing NZA altogether. I’ve run into a game breaking bug and I’m waiting a hot fix. Every scoped kill over 24.9m (yes 24.9m) triggers the x-ray killcam. It gets incredibly irritating after 30 minutes ;)

• roryok says:

I wonder do the staff at Rebellion every actually rebel against anything, or are they all mindless corporate zombies?

• plugmonkey says:

Oh. We’re doing that thing where anyone who’s opinion differs from the state-authorised Truth must, ipso facto, be some sort of stooge.

How nice.

• sharkh20 says:

Well, I had fun with my friends. Not something I am going to play for much longer, but not a bad diversion. If it was a 60 dollar game, I wouldn’t have bought it as it isn’t worth that. But as it stands, I think I already got my money’s worth. Short lived? Perhaps. Fun while it lasted? Yes.

• laddyman says:

A valiant effort, Rebellion.

• dE says:

Oh gosh, there was time when I wrote there can’t be too many Zombie Games. I’ve eaten my words. Literally. In an attempt to make them unwritten. I’ve also said that there can never be too many Coop Games. I’ve almost eaten my words. There still can not be too many coop games. But the brand that’s surfacing lately… ugh. It’s just bad games made “better” by tacking on Coop. The level design doesn’t lend itself to those awesome situations that MAKE coop games. There are no last second escapes, no digging in for the storm. There’s just hordes. Countless hordes. And most important of all, there’s no bloody pacing. No moments where you breeze through, no moments where everything suddenly goes south. It’s just hordes. More hordes. Progressively harder hordes.

The original Serious Sam did Hordes way better and is a better game all around.

• The Random One says:

There cannot be enough zombie games.

There cannot be enough coop games.

There can be enough bad games of all kinds. There already are. There will continue to be. Bad games will continue to come out, forever.

Enjoy the games that are not bad that are of the genres you like, and pray that the bad games of the genres you like don’t become CoD sized behemoths which will suck everything you like about that genre into a vacuum of mediocrity. That is the worst thing that could happen to your favourite genre. If that hasn’t happened yet, have a nice day.

• Snargelfargen says:

“I wrote there can’t be too many Zombie Games.”

When did you write this?

Feels like we’ve been deluged with zombie viscera for YEARS, but it’s only been one or two maybe?

• Yglorba says:

It’s been a bit longer. I remember that Zombie Master and Zombie Panic felt new and original when they came out, though.

(Zombie Master still has a special place in my heart, but mostly because of some of the really good level designers it had — there have been other RTS vs. FPS games, but Zombie Master, when it was really working well, had this wonderful combination of serious and slapstick. Unfortunately it also had a lot of utterly rubbish levels and rubbish mods, and those drowned things out in the end.)

• roryok says:

Literally. Edible paper or did you suffer through a Post-it?

8. John Mirra says:

You should really start playing cooperative games in, you know, co-op. With other people. This is fun.

• TotalBiscuit says:

One of the biggest fallacies in modern gaming “It’s a good game because friends!” You know what else is better with friends? Pretty much everything. Friends is not a mechanic or a feature and this game is perfectly playable in single-player meaning it is clearly not balanced around the notion of co-op and contains no actual co-op features at all.

You want a co-op game to play with friends that is little more than horde mode? There’s a bunch of them, they’re called horde modes, they come free with other games. Or you could play Killing Floor, which is better in every way.

• transmet says:

“contains no actual co-op features at all”
        Wow. Just wow.

• LimEJET says:

So what co-op specific features are there?

• SighmanSays says:

L4D: Hunters and smokers could 1HK you if you didn’t have a partner covering your ass. Sticking together was a necessary survival strategy.

Killing Floor: The class system was such that a well varied team focusing on their specialities was practically the only way to survive anything harder than normal.

Battlefield: Being able to spawn on squadmates and tag dudes for them went a long way to encouraging random pubbers to work together and do things besides killing dudes.

TF2: The whole game was full of class synergies. At least that was the case until *reference update of your choice here*.

I know the latter two are not ‘coop’ games as most people use the term. But they are team games which emphasise teamplay mechanics, which I think is the better way of looking at designing a complete cooperative experience than ‘single player + more players’.

• LimEJET says:

@SighmanSays: I was in fact asking about this particular game, not L4D or Killing Floor..

• SighmanSays says:

@Lime: Sorry ’bout that. I didn’t pick up the intent of your post.

• Outright Villainy says:

@ LimEJET: Perhaps there’s a few elements that shine in co-op in this game, but the point of referencing Left 4 Dead shows you exactly the kind of elements that encourage good teamwork and communication with your friends, whereas it absolutely sucks with bots in single player, and can be middling to just as bad with randoms online. But does that make Left 4 dead a bad game, because friends are a prerequisite? No, because its way more fun with friends than something that’s good in single player but adds nothing unique with co-op (like Serious sam 3)

• John Mirra says:

> Friends is not a mechanic or a feature and this game is perfectly playable in single-player meaning it is clearly not balanced around the notion of co-op and contains no actual co-op features at all.

Don’t be a full retard, please.
        You know that coop in the main menu is on top of single player? And amount of zombies is multiplied by ~10 for making perfect sense of real zombie apocalypse, not a bunch of dead guys like at the article screenshot?

• Muzman says:

Multiplying the number of zombies isn’t a co-op mechanic

• John Mirra says:

Yeah, it’s a feature. I don’t really understand what “coop mechanics” needed for coop game. You can revive each other, does it count?

• Phendron says:

It’s not a co-op shooter until you can air-guitar bro fist each other.

• povu says:

Co-op mechanics are those that actually involve some kind of team strategy make the game more interesting. More than just the single player with another player thrown in, a basic revive ability for when one person dies and a larger number of zombies. That’s not enough. You need complementing classes, or other things like L4D’s special zombies that force you to help your friends frequently.

• Muzman says:

Since everyone is probably tired of the Left 4 Dead comparison by now, I’ll say Alien Swarm.
            That’s a co-op game (as distinct from a “2-4 player shooter”)

• John Mirra says:

There is a place for actual teamplay. Like covering players on the ground from vantage points. And this involves sniping, which John totally missed.

• GameCat says:

Alien Swarm is a one bloody brilliant co-op game. One of these rare when all players must strictly cooperate with each other, because otherwise you’re all screwed.
            Played it a few years ago with 3 friends, best online multiplayer experience ever.

• Sheng-ji says:

John Mirra says:

“I don’t really understand what “coop mechanics” needed for coop game”

Your ignorance is showing. Please put it away and stop flashing it about.

• stupid_mcgee says:

“You need complementing classes, or other things like L4D’s special zombies that force you to help your friends frequently.”

L4D doesn’t have different classes. Also, there ARE different types of specialty zombies that you need to team up to help take down. So, there, does that now qualify it as co-op?

• caustic says:

aaand another idiot who thinks by simply mulitplying your targets you get a better game. wonderful, now here’s a lollipop, go play outside.

• John Mirra says:

Wonderful arguments, smart guy.
            In zombie games I prefer target rich enviroment, so more zombies = more fun. And fun does not depend on overall quality of the game.
            Now you can go suck dicks.

• Vorphalack says:

It’s done well for a few years without one, but I think RPS is reaching the point where we actually NEED a report button : (

• Serpok says:

You are right, it dosn’t, it depends on friends. Meaning with good enough company one will have a good time in any 2 or more-player game. So why waste time/money on this shit?

• John Mirra says:

Because variety? I have friends who like zombies, who like nazis and who like to spent time and money on almost every kinds of games. And no one can stop us!

• El_Emmental says:

“Because variety? I have friends who like zombies, who like nazis, and who like to spent time and money on almost every kinds of games. And no one can stop us!”

I’m sorry, but I don’t think you should be proud of enjoying “nazis” (even as enemies) that much.

Nazism actually happened and killed millions of people (including some of my family). I have no problem with movies like Inglourious Basterds or Iron Sky, or any game featuring german soldiers during ww2, but I expect people to not base their enjoyment of an entertainment experience on the sole existence of nazis, this is historically and morally wrong. Please make an effort.

“And fun does not depend on overall quality of the game.
            Now you can go suck dicks.”

John Walker voiced his opinion on the overall quality of the game, if you managed to have fun on this game: good for you. It doesn’t change a thing to the overall quality of the game itself. I too enjoyed “poor” games (with their share of flaws), but I never said they weren’t bad – I just said I enjoyed them in a specific context.

Regarding you homophobic (or sexist, depending on the gender of the person concerned) comment, I think you already ashamed yourself enough by writing it.

• Panda Powered says:

Friends who like nazis? That came out wrong didn’t it? :P

Morangie says:

You should really ditch those friends who like the nazis.

• Snargelfargen says:

Haha, you said it better than I would have, Morangie.

• MOKKA says:

This is probably why I hate Bordlerlands 2 so much. A boring, boring game which tries to redeem itself by saying that you should play it with other people. As if I would like to spend an evening with my friends playing a boring game.

• Triplanetary says:

A common occurrence when I’m browsing Steam:

ME: Ooh, an indie game with a cool premise!
          GAME PAGE: [This Here Game] is a co-op…
          ME: Oh. *closes tab*

• Rognik says:

I get rather annoyed by people criticizing Borderlands 2 co-op, because they often seem to be just unable to understand how great the synergy between the classes is. I played it with three other good gamers and we all worked together to specialize our characters in ways that helped the team. The level at which we were able to support one another rivaled games like Killing Floor and World of Warcraft. With the Siren healing and CCing, the Gunzerker tanking, the Commando mowing down waves of lesser enemies, and the Sniper taking out hard targets from afar, the game is a sight to behold.

On the other hand, Sniper Elite V2 was a game with some very cool mechanics that suffered from map design making it little more than Call of Duty with good sniping. Unfortunately, rather than making it less like CoD in the expansion pack, they’ve decided to copy it even more. It’s pretty sad, and I’d really like to see a Sniper Elite expansion with big open levels and more stealth.

• TonyB says:

There are three DLC levels for V2 itself that include some actual width, which sometimes does even translate to options on how to approach an objective. Just steer clear of the Hitler one that came out first.

psepho says:

I really enjoyed (and am still enjoying) Borderlands 2 single player. From where I’m sitting it feels like straight down the line old school FPS with a bit of modern polish. Nothing wrong with that.

• SelfEsteemFund says:

You could not be more right but unfortunately the trend will only continue to grow, truly offline singleplayer games are a thing of the past, everything has to be ‘social’ now =[

• John Mirra says:

Also, Killing Floor does not contain enough classic, slow zombies. And nazis. Neither does L4D.

• povu says:

What it does contain is actual co-op features, rather than zombies x5.

• John Mirra says:

Like what, throwing dosh?

• Serpok says:

Presenting various enemies that are hard/impossible to deal with solo, providing distinct classes whos functions complement each other

• HadToLogin says:

Actually, Kiling Floor on normal and hard can be won by single person. Depending on map, suicidal (which long time ago was the hardest setting) was also winnable in solo (not sure if it is now, after all that gun-nerfing).
            If you’re playing to win levels, it’s actually much better to play in less people than full server – there will be less enemies (which mean more easy ones and less big ones) and big enemies are getting more life-points with every player in-game.

• laddyman says:

“…this game is perfectly playable in single-player meaning it is clearly not balanced around the notion of co-op and contains no actual co-op features at all.” I don’t care a shred about this game, really, but that is an absolutely ghastly false dilemma you have there.

• dsch says:

Ha, I was going to refer you to TB’s video to illustrate that point before realising the horse’s mouth is here.

• Ninja Foodstuff says:

It’s very telling when both Messers Walker and Biscuit share an opinion of an action game.

• SelfEsteemFund says:

For once this man says words that make sense and are true. Something must have happened in the night.

• Hazzcore says:

it has quite a few features in co-op. different skins, the videos at the end of each mission make sense and reviving.

• Speider says:

Also, the whole thing about getting the same animation is wrong. Every time you get a slow-motion kill-shot, it’s a slow-motion simulation. Not the most advanced simulation in the world, but as long as you don’t hit the zombies in the exact same spot every friggin time (which sounds improbable) than you shouldn’t be seeing the same.

At least, I get slow motion simulation when I play the game..

9. TotalBiscuit says:

Enjoy what is about to happen to you, insulting co-op zombie games will result in a horde of zombies shambling into and attacking your comment section. They come in search of brains, since they lack their own.

• Fwiffo says:

Arf! Methinks someone is too well acquainted with that situation.

• wazups2x says:

There’s a difference from attacking you and disagreeing with you.

• Iamerror says:

Not on the internet – any form of disagreement with an opinion is dismissed as ‘trolling’.

• flipflop mcbop says:

We’ll have none of your differing opinions here! Away with you.

• MrUnimport says:

If zombie fans are zombies, what does that make people who miss entire weapons in their Bastion playthroughs?

• SkittleDiddler says:

That would make them people more interested in playing a better game perhaps?

• SuperNashwanPower says:

I felt that this music was highly appropriate at this moment in time

• Astroman says:

“Stop liking what I don’t like! I have to play these for a living! Baaaaww”

• Nick says:

and yet you don’t bitch about the hordes of equally braindead fans you have.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Actually, he does. He even had a certain amount of t-shirts made proclaiming his utter disdain for fanboys and fanboyism.

• Defiant Badger says:

Yes, I was going to say the same. And I feel it’s a bit ridiculous to assume someone would want to talk about themselves in any given situation.

• Grape says:

and yet you don’t bitch about the hordes of equally braindead fans you have.

Er… yes, he does. All the time.

10. Iskariot says:

Zombies are milked right to a stupor inducing level. But a good vampire game is nowhere to be found.
    I wish I could spare a few million to have someone build a modern open world Vampire Bloodlines 2.

• Triplanetary says:

I wonder if CCP is still developing that World of Darkness MMO.

• woodsey says:

Seems so. There was something about it the other day on Eurogamer.

• Wookie says:

I think WoD is still looking at a 2015-2017 release if CCP’s stuff was believed when they slowed down production.

• Triplanetary says:

Well, shit. I’m not even 100% sure the world will be alive in 2015.

EDIT: No particular reason, I felt the same way about 2013 back in 2011.

• SavageTech says:

The industry has made zombie game after brainless zombie game, so they’d just end up sucking vampires dry too.

Agreed on the necessity of more VtM games though, or any World of Darkness setting really.

11. Calabi says:

I like it, its a simple pure no bullshit game. No contrived nonsense story that gets in your way. Your just their to shoot zombies and have fun.

• uh20 says:

and watch yet another killcam cutscene, showing the bullet flying across the scene in slow motion, penetrating the zombie’s brain, heart or lungs, and exploding out the other side.

quick, someone sue me for plagiarizing

• MrUnimport says:

“Cutscene” is misleading terminology: the game is just tracking your bullet along a simple ballistic curve (and probably a quite exaggerated one, as they tend to be in such games) and tracing its path through the internals of the Nazi and/or zombie it strikes.

If Dwarf Fortress did this you’d be all over it.

12. Fwiffo says:

Oh Rebellion, what are you playing at?

13. Ricc says:

I don’t understand how Rebellion still makes videogames.

14. jackass00 says:

I for one really like this game. Sure, the plot is not very elaborate, but hey, zombies are fun, and nazis are fun, so zombies + nazis = 2xfun, right? Only problem I have with this game are some ridiculous pc requirements. Otherwise it’s a great stress reliever, or I’m just a sucker for nazi zombies.

• sinister agent says:

hey, zombies are fun, and nazis are fun, so zombies + nazis = 2xfun, right?

Somewhere out there are about five or six people who got paid tens of thousands of dollars for saying these exact words in a meeting.

And people say the world is not terrible.

• Nick says:

why are nazis fun again?

• MrUnimport says:

The prospect of conducting righteous violence against them, I imagine.

Gap Gen says:

Because we’re back in the part of the cycle where people forget how awful the far-right is and nationalism tears Europe apart again. I mean, OK, maybe belittling fascism is a good thing, but it is easy to forget the part where people are sent to be worked to death for political, social, racial or indeed any reason. It’s also easy to attach the label ‘evil’ to Hitler and not the ideas that led to his reign, which very much haven’t all gone away in Europe.

• sinister agent says:

Because as long as we say we hate nazis, it’s okay for us to say and do exactly the kind of things that led the nazis to power.

• Greggh says:

Funky moustaches, weird greeting gestures and they pretty much waged a war that destroyed half of Europe in a lust for expansionism – what’s not funny ’bout it?
        Oh wait… Those were the American conservatives, I got it mixed up…

Gap Gen says:

Or indeed Stalin.

• El_Emmental says:

damn moustaches !

Gap Gen says:

If you want full-on facial hair-fuelled bloodshed, the American Civil War is hard to beat.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

I don’t know, those British Empire folk did quite well in the facial hair department, I’d say.

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Some of us bide our time and tend to our spectacular facial topiary, waiting for the day that the world beard quotient drops to a critical level, allowing us to sally forth and conquer with our masterful facial hair. Who will be able to stand in our way? When the dust settles the goatee wearers among us will be acclaimed as Kings, and those of us with truly spectacular beardage shall be the uncontested rulers of the world!

Who do you think invented the five-blade razor? The clean-shaven fools! We sold them the tools of their own destruction!

• Snargelfargen says:

Your plan for world domination is running a bit behind schedule. You should have hit 7 blades by now: http://www.economist.com/node/5624861

15. MOKKA says:

I somehow have the undying desire to start a pun thread.

Llewyn says:

I wanted to earlier, but every time I try the spam filter just Goebbels it up.

• return0 says:

I hate pun threads. The concept should be dead and buried by now, but keeps being reawakened in article after article. I know it’s tempting to bite on this thread, but don’t. It’s brainless.

16. RaptorEchelon says:

So, I bought this game on preorder for 8 bucks. Why? Because I have disposable income, I wanted to do my bit and make sure it was crap and more importantly I’m now bored of games like L4D, Killing Floor and the like. I wanted a new coop experience for a bit.

Now, there area lot of people coming out of the woodwork both defending and opposing NZA. Totalbiscuit is one of them, and what I found odd watching his impressions of it (and the same thing happened with the article here) is that I found myself agreeing with the views on it being lazy, pointless, and overall not very good.

The thing is, I have now played several hours of it with friends, and I know saying “it’s better with friends” is possible for a lot of things, and it’s sort of a cop out. I just find myself not caring when I play it. It does some things right, and a lot fo things wrong (the soundtrack is awesome by the way, very 80s B-movie, very Dawn of the Dead-esque, it’s the only really cool thing the game stands out on)

I don’t know, I suppose it makes me a bad person. I just think for 8 pounds it was pretty neat. Lazy? Maybe. As a journalist who covers tech and games I look it and think “this is totally awful”, but the kid in me likes it and I don’t know why.

Does that make me a bad person?

PS No confirmation on Zombie Hitler. This game is freaking hard on the highest difficulty.

• MrUnimport says:

I find it mind-boggling that we even need to have a debate about this. It’s a bargain-bin zombie mod of an existing game, what did you expect? Are we next going to be outraged at Frito-Lay for refusing to change up their Cheetos formula year after year? I mean, I seriously doubt anyone expected great things of this game, and to spit on the people who pony up a few bucks to play it with friends seems to me to be rather petty-minded.

felisc says:

I wouldn’t say bargain bin exactly. The game is 11 euros, that’s not cheap.

• RaptorEchelon says:

its full release price is nowhere near worth it.

Single figures is all I was going to spend on it anyway.

• John Mirra says:

Yeah, now it’s a crime to like a budget game and have fun with friends.

• MrUnimport says:

Don’t you see, John? By buying Sniper Elite But Zombies, you are COMPROMISING PC GAMING STANDARDS OF PLAYABILITY. You are giving in to the corporations! You are literally ruining PC gaming for everybody else on the platform.

Gap Gen says:

Sorry, but if a journalist has negative opinions about something, you’re not allowed to enjoy it. Thems the rules.

• El_Emmental says:

Where did it says you’re not allowed to enjoy it ?! I only read something like “it’s rather crap, it has to be your thing to truly enjoy it”, something that I kinda expected (with these developers and that game series).

You guys need to chill out and let journalists write their articles, they’re not forced to say they loved every game – the very point of websites like RPS (and their Wot I Think articles) is providing a subjective review of various games/services.

If you’re expecting them to quantify each element (music, story, gameplay, graphics, etc) and give each of these an individual score, to finally give the most “objective” review, then you’re kinda at the wrong place.

drewski says:

Oh, you’re allowed to enjoy it.

But when you start running around shouting about how much you enjoy it and how people who don’t enjoy it are [insert own dismissive insult here], you’re being a dick, and people are going to call you a dick.

Enjoying it isn’t a problem. Moaning because other people didn’t *is*.

• SavageTech says:

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the game despite its flaws as long as you can admit that the game is still flawed. I think the negative reaction some people have comes from statements like “the game is great, you just have to play it in co-op!” because it implies that co-op somehow negates a game’s issues. The only time those arguments fly is when the game is designed around co-op play and is severely crippled for solo players (e.g. Left 4 Dead). For games that just crank up the difficulty/number of enemies for each player, enjoyable co-op doesn’t make the game “better” in any objective sense because doing things with friends tends to make ANY activity more fun.

It’s kinda like watching a bad movie with friends; you know the movie isn’t good but you can still have a fun time shooting the shit and ripping on the bad writing/acting/effects. As long as you don’t try to argue that the movie is a masterpiece worthy of an Oscar just because you had fun watching it with your pals, there’s nothing wrong with it.

17. abandonhope says:

I don’t buy the premise. Nazi zombies belong in space.

18. Beernut says:

“And for some reason they’re Nazis, because that makes a difference apparently.”
    For people in Germany, it does. Thanks to their use of nazi-symbolism in the game, it would probably be put on the index, if they were to publish it here. Swastikas, ss-runes etc. are allowed in movies and literature, as long as they’re not presented in a glorified fashion or used to promote a revisionist interpretation of historic events. But when it comes to games, use of swastikas usually results in an outright ban of the game, or an indexation (which means 18+-rating and that it can’t be promoted publicly).
    In this case, it doesn’t seem that we’re missing too much though. :)

19. YeOldeSnake says:

These articles seem to bash on the game due to its being a shameless cash-in in gaming’s new trends, and they are rightfully doing so no less than it deserves. But one can’t imply that the game can’t be fun, especially with friends around.
    “Friends isn’t a gameplay mechanic.”
    Okay, fair point, but does that make the game less fun with friends? I for one loved the B-Movie atmosphere and the incredibly cheesy action music. To say that it has no redeeming qualities would be wrong.

Gap Gen says:

Equally, single player football is terrible (in fact, I remember an ancient PC Gamer article about that very subject).

20. gulag says:

Well that’s disappointing. I played and enjoyed the first Sniper Elite despite it’s faults. It suffered somewhat in terms of being a game designed to be played the ‘right’ way, but it gave you all the tools you needed to lay traps and ambushes instead of opting for the run and gun. A little heavy on scripting, but intelligently so.

What has become of Rebellion? There were a few brief flashes of greatness (Rogue Trooper has to be one of the best treatments of a comic book to game yet produced), but too much shovel-ware in between. The fact that they currently sit on all of the 2000AD IP is doubly frustrating.

21. Low Life says:

There’s one big inherent problem with Nazi zombies: they aren’t really Nazis anymore, are they? I can’t really imagine those mindless husks pursuing any specific ideologies.

• El_Emmental says:

It doesn’t matter anymore, people want Nazis and/or Zombies in their sights/scopes so they can kill human bodies without any guilt.

The fact that, according to the story, we’re at the end of the european theater of WW2, so all these “nazi zombies” are mostly a bunch of retreating soldiers from the two fronts, a few actual nazis, and quite a bunch of german civilians trying to/told to “defend Germany”, including some 15-16 years old kids with uniforms too big for them and crappy bolt-action rifles, doesn’t matter anymore.

If the game wasn’t a quick cash-grab zombie-mode (hell, Activision is doing this with CoD, why Rebellion wouldn’t be allowed to do this with its “Sniper Elite” series ?), the game would be quite a morally-difficult experience: shooting victims of a biological experimentation, who were previously a bunch of civilians (some still minors) sent to delay the Red Army and the western Allies.

But hey, everyone wearing a german uniform during WW2 was a nazi, right ? huhu…

• Bhazor says:

Zombies! Fuck me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it’s an ethos.

• leafdot says:

No, Donny, these men are zombies, there’s nothing to be afraid of.

ffordesoon says:

Yeah, that’s the thing. They’re just zombies wearing Nazi uniforms. The fun thing about killing video game Nazis, on a basic level, is that they’re really easy to hate without feeling remotely guilty, because you know they believe in horrible things. If they’re zombies, though, they’re just meat to be slaughtered. You can’t indulge in a righteous revenge fantasy with zombies. That’s why the good zombie games don’t focus on the zombies, but on what you can do to stop or slow the zombies.

EDIT: And before anyone comments, yes, I’m aware of the difference between the Wehrmacht and the Nazis, the fact that a lot of the soldiers were fighting for Germany rather than Nazism, et cetera. I’m commenting purely on the ideological stance games take.

amateurviking says:

Why are there so many touchy people about in this here comment thread? Can’t we all get along? John didn’t like it, but if you do that’s ok: go play!

23. Sherlock says:

I thoroughly enjoyed SEV2, and I’m thoroughly enjoying this variation of it as well. RPS can suck it.

Hanban says:

Will you then also suck it? For balance’s sake. And what’s this “it”? Is it referring to a penis? Or a penguin, perhaps?

Also, by RPS do you mean the article author John Walker? Or should Jim also take part in the sucking? How about Nathan..? Will he also be sucking?

Seems like an awful lot of sucking just because of a zombie game.

• Phendron says:

Sucking because of a zombie game: an e-mergent trend since 2008

• bstard says:

In general RPS has proper articles and valid critisism, but this one is poo. The game is nice, played it co-op this weekend and it was fun. I prolly wont see it again though, but for this money I wontfeel ripped off.

24. appropriate touching says:

you must first-person shoot

Pretty sure it’s third person, outside the sniper scopes. Fuck knows why though, the non-sniping parts would probably have been a bit more tolerable that way.
    Whole thing is a bit of a shame really, I was pretty interested in this when I thought it would be CoD Zombies but larger scale and sniperier.

• Luckz says:

It’s easy to make mistakes when you’re reviewing something you haven’t played.

25. Defiant Badger says:

Quick bring in the delete hammer! I feel the structural integrity of the comment thread can’t take any more of these horrendous comment chains that don’t have any degree of flow at all and fail to make any applicable point either.

26. Koozer says:

Game features Nazis? Let’s have a nice discussion of its good and bad points in the comments.

Game features zombies? Let’s have a friendly chit-chat about the merits and downsides of the undead shamblers.

But Nazi zombies? Let god have mercy on our souls.

27. Feldgrau says:

I think I have to agree with both John and TotalBiscuit but, at the same time, I don’t think I’d mind playing this game either. I’ve played a lot of games that were fairly mediocre experiences, but conversely I had an excellent time playing with friends in. I know that’s not actually a feature of the game, it’s a feature of my friends, but the games still enabled the fun to happen. We could just play Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor, both of which are excellent games, but sometimes you need something different (but also the same).

I agree totally on the subject matter being a bit sketchy, though. Then again, there’s very little difference between this game’s portrayal of Nazis and, say, Wolfenstein 3D. In that game you had to fight a Hitler encased in a robot suit, wielding 4 chain-guns.

28. Klarden says:

But does it have sexism?!

• El_Emmental says:

No female playable character ? No female enemy ?

What does it mean ?

That women can’t be hero ? That women didn’t played their part in WW2 ?
      That women can’t be zombies, can’t be nazis ?!

oh no, they’re too pure and delicate for that, and their place isn’t on the battlefield anyway, they’re always passive characters…

where are Virginia Hall, Noor Inayat Khan, Nancy Wake ? Or even Marlene Dietrich, as a singing zombie ?

Sexism.

• Jarol says:

In the loadout screen there is a zombie soldier girl eating a mans arm with a bit of her clothes decaying/ripped… Does that count?

• The Random One says:

Strong female character confirmed, put your pitchforks down everyone

• El_Emmental says:

Loadout screen… a passive element, only there to decorate, to be a nice element in the background…

Randy- hum, Ready your Pitchforks people !

• yourgrandma says:

29. Artista says:

The name of this game is pure genius, it’s like they didn’t even try. I can’t wait for the sequel Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army Bullets.

30. Jarol says:

Will I be the first to actually say the game is meant for co-op? No? Then, am I too late to say that the game gets very damn interesting with zombies that suicide on you, needs someone to tank a heavy soldier zombie, or a buddy to some times take on the horde while you take on the boss? What about the idea of surviving hordes of monsters a-la Killing Floor minus the healing and weapon buying?

Are you people seriously going to just sit there and say “meh zombies” when you obviously never tried the co-op game that it was built for?

In either case, the game itself is mediocre at best. Its too short, the bosses were simple, and the challenge only came at the points where surviving the waves became a “take out the suiciders before they get to you” kind of thing. The game has its tiny moments, but that’s about it. The anti-socials like TotalBiscuit and Walker here will sway the masses before letting in on the idea that it might actually be built for multiplayer first. Playing with 2 others, the game was actually “fun” to the point that we finished it in one go.

Do I wish for anyone to buy this? Maybe when its $2. Or maybe get it free. Nothing is holding you back from doing that.

• El_Emmental says:

Shh ! Are you trying to be serious ? Madness !

All we want is game reviewers too bored, sick and tired of the same ol’ tricks (existing game + zombie waves = MONEY !) to make a proper test, while fanboys are fueling a flamewar in the comments.

More seriously, it’s not a surprise it’s a one-trick-pony that is funny for an hour or two with a few mates: they took the Sniper Elite base (= neat features like the gory slow-mo, that rapidly become the same things, over and over again) and added zombie waves (an old trick, that isn’t really bringing something new on the table).

Played solo it’s a chore, played co-op it’s like playing a mini-mod/mutator of Sniper Elite on a custom server (if there was a SDK for it): it’s fun to play it once or twice.

The fact that Rebellion is selling such mini-mod/mutator for 11 euros (14 dollars), which is the price of many indie games (who put more effort/work into the game design, story, content), kinda sucks (in my opinion), they could have made a better product.

31. Shooop says:

I could tell from the previews this was not going to end well.

They call their game “Sniper Elite” but there’s hardly any sniping in it. And now there’s even less in this god-awful thing!

32. Wedge says:

How exactly has Rebellion stayed in business so long? I can’t think of anyone with such a fabled history of mediocrity that has stuck around. Presumably they have low budgets in doing so, and the games they make probably achieve a baseline of sales from the genres and licenses they tend to stick to.

• HadToLogin says:

They put $20 on their games. Additional “sniper” in name makes it also more interesting, since it promises genre that is nearly not-existent in now-a-days gaming (most shooters doesn’t have maps for proper sniping, they are just more-powerful-but-slower-m16s).
      It’s really enough to sell those million copies, which allows them to make another medicore game.

33. vash47 says:

As skeptical I’ve been so far to stealth marketing, these comments have done nothing but prove it. There are actual people being paid to defend this game (because I hope it’s not free or even worse; they’re the game developers).

• John Mirra says:

Where can I get my paycheck?

• MrUnimport says:

Because if you’re not with me, you’re being paid to be against me.

• pudenfuhrer says:

Read the glee with which he kicks the game in and tell me that isn’t MORE suspicious than a handful of people who ACTUALLY PLAY ONLINE saying they like it

34. Zogtee says:

Imagine if we could talk to these zombies!

• Dozer says:

Imagine if we could talk to the nazis!

“Say uncle!”
      “Nein!”
      “We’re not going to stop hitting you until you say uncle!”
      “Nein!”
      “IN SOVIET RUSSIA, RUSSIA INVADES YOU!”
      “Uncle! Uncle!”

35. InternetBatman says:

Why are a bunch of people just being IGN style jerks in the thread? I used my block button more today than I have in the past year.

36. ramirezfm says:

So, yeah, I usually love the reviews here, but this time… no. Of course it depends on what were you expecting. This game has no story whatsoever – go and kill zombies, little variety – five types of enemies and is more run and gun than stealth and snipe – although I am sniping pretty much, it’s just slower than running with PPSH. But… (there is a but) In short 30-60mins sittings the game can be incredibly fun whether played with friends or single. There are places where you can snipe the hell out of zombies, and sniping is always fun. The game looks nice and for such a price it is definetely worth it. I did not have any glitches or problems with it, so my opinion might be biased. if you want a simple L4D done in tpp or just shoot zombies in the brain (yes, there are still people who like to do this) then I would advise you to try it. It’s not goty, but it can be fun.

Kong says:

you can shout “THE NAZIS ARE ZOMBIES NOW!”

I can not, the Nazis were Zombies from the start. It is just so that the Zombies became Nazis now.

Disclaimer: I do not mean to say or imply that all Zombies are Nazis. I refer only to the group of Zombies mentioned in this particular case of undead outbreak.

38. yazman says:

The slowdowns etc could just be a problem with your game or your PC. I’ve been playing this and never had any slowdowns at all.

39. N1kolas says:

Like a great many things, this one is actually a lot of fun in 4 player co-op.

Most of John’s critisism is valid, including the weird freezing when one tries to quit. One thing that I never did experience is a correct headshot not registering, even in online games where latency is surely a factor.

The game well and truly suffers for the very first mission being the worst. I played through it, shrugged, wondered why in hell they call this a “sniper” game, and decied to not bother again.

Then a bunch of buddies I frequently play Borderlands 2 with asked me to join in on a 4-player session… and the first mission still sucked, but the camaraderie made it far more palatable.

The second mission actually has decent sniping sections. We were finally actually having fun with the game, instead of simply enjoying the rarity of a multiplayer session with people one actually knows and likes.

Long story short. The game does become more decent after the horrid first mission. It is not enough to warrant a single-player playthrough, but if you are in the habbit of playing multiplayer games with people you know and can trust not to be internet fuckwads, it can serve you quite well for a couple of afternoons.

drewski says:

My question is – why not play something actually good for an afternoon or two?

• N1kolas says:

I already said that by the second mission we were enjoying the game, so your question isn’t really relevant.

That aside, I’m open to suggestions about games, good or not-so-good (games, not horde mode or other tacked-in bs to cross off a list of “oh yeah, marketing said we need to have one of these too”) favoring or even allowing 4 player co-op action.

My mates and I have thousands of hours between us in Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and Killing Floor.

The L4D series and Alien Swarm never grabbed us quite the same way, but we still have a couple of hundred hours in each.

We already have Wanderlust: Rebirth, we mean to start it next week.

So, any other suggestions?

• MarcP says:

Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam 3 are well worth a try. They’re sold at -75% or -80% quite often on Steam.

Dead Island can be fun in co-op, too. Much more focused on melee combat, and somewhat odd mechanics and balance, but a solid game nonetheless.

• N1kolas says:

Ah, thanks. I forgot to mention Dead Island, we’ve played that quite a lot too.

I already have Serious Sam 3, but the others don’t. You are quite right, I’ll have to strongly suggest they get it.

40. Arithon says:

Safe to say the reviewer is just plain lazy. (hey your opinion is no more worthless than mine).

Sniper Elite v2 was a good game, if a little short and this title, which I would consider an “expansion pack” is tongue-in-cheek humorous and fun.
    The game is far more playable in co-op because team-mates can revive you and the machine-gun zombie is far easier to take down in a co-ordinated attack. Plus the additional ordinance makes strategic use of traps far more possible. Trip-wires, landmine + dynamite chains, etc.

This is the first time I’ve read a review on RPS that is inaccurate as well as opinionated and unreasonable. For instance “at the start of each rush of deads, you can try to pick one or two off at range” clearly shows either you can’t shoot, or didn’t play. You can easily pick off an entire wave of zombies from a sniping position, hence the word “sniper” in the name.

I’ve played the game for seven hours, not 30 minutes, so I think my opinion carries more weight than your ego-driven rant. After all, its far easier to slag off a game after a few minutes, than actually play it through and write something of substance.

No doubt you though “colonial marines” was great, based on the trailers, and COD:Blops2 was fun and original…

• Muzman says:

I know you’ve been summoned to defend the faith, from rotten tomatoes or whatever. But CoD BLOPS is your counterpoint to a zombie horde mode game? The author must have liked it because he’s clearly not sophisticated enough to understand NZA or something?

41. MrJenssen says:

I don’t understand the hate. I like playing the game in coop-mode with two buddies. Playing on Marksman difficulty, it’s quite challenging sometimes. It’s not the perfect game, it has very little variety, but for the price we paid, I’m really digging it. Buying the four-pack, we paid 6 euros each. I really can’t complain about that.

42. fish99 says:

The comments appear to be broken. I’ve posted 2 replies and neither appeared, despite the server telling me I’ve already posted them when I try to repost them.

I think it’s something to do with a certain comment chain running too long to display on one page, the subsequent comments just vanish into the ether.

43. Berzee says:

Are these zombies stupid bio-zombies,
    or are they actual proper necromancy-powered zombies?

To all aspiring zombies I say, if a priest doesn’t get bonus damage against you, just get out. >_<

44. Luckz says:

How not to be terrible at reviewing games, step 1:
    Actually play the game.

45. shyy says:

This is one of the worst stories I’ve ever read on any gaming-related website. Mr John ‘can’t do his job’ Walker poorly explains how the game works. He blatantly lies about certain features of the game, such as each weapon having no difference from each other (FALSE), shooting haphazardly is better than placing head-shots (FALSE), and targeting fails to register head-shots (FALSE).

Honestly, the only thing I got out of this article is that the author, John ‘quits at the sight of a challenge’ Walker, is BAD at this game and has a pretty poor cognitive thought process. This was BIASED from the beginning, it was slanderous, and above all else it was tasteless writing.

I signed up to this website just to write you this comment, you hack!

• pudenfuhrer says:

Maybe it had more problems at release. But I agree – my objection to this article is that it seems to stretch far past the truth and actually lie, as you point out, to attempt to portray the game in the worst possible way. “When I was a lad we had to get up before we went to bed” style. Why? Because that was more interesting to Mr Walker that day. Maybe he was feeling not in the mood for new things and wanted to just get stuck in to being difficult and willful and stubborn. And few people care about a glorified mod – so no real repercussions.

46. shyy says:

oh, and just to rustle your jimmies a little more, IVE PLAYED FOR 18 HOURS SO FAR, as well as my friends. We’ve completed the campaign on the medium difficulty and are now going back through on the hardest setting with friendly fire toggled on.

CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP

47. isabellefuhrman177 says:

like Don implied I am dazzled that any one can get paid $7368 in a few weeks on the internet. have you seen this link http://www.fly38.com

48. RaXoRkIlLaE says:

Hmm… It seems as if though I have stumbled upon a community that enjoys putting down games altogether. Yes I have just created this account and after reading this rather small entry in a blog styled video game review website, I have concluded that many of you are fairly rude. Now, it is the internet after all. If rudeness and cruelty is what you want then go visit 4chan and give them your address. As for this game, I have played about 6+ hours of it and it is quite enjoyable so far. As I’ve mentioned before, most of you enjoy putting down games, I forgot to mention people as well. So with that said I’m sure my comment will get bashed by many of you. Thing is though, that I really do not give a flying fuck. So all of you that like to suck cock and talk shit to people, may you take a big fat black dick up your ass. How’s that for rudeness? Just because you may use fancy words and “perfect” grammar to insult someone does not change the fact that it is as insulting and using curse words. This game has many positives that are being overlooked here and I’m not surprised one bit taking in consideration on who wrote the review. As for those of you who truly appreciate the efforts set forth by Rebellion to create a thrilling gore packed game. I commend you for having a true open minded taste for video games. Like Leslie Chow form the Hangover would say:

“Toodaloo Mothetfuckers!”

• 1Life0Continues says:

[Something about invalidating own argument here]

• Berzee says:

I don’t like any games to be packed with gore. Based on the combined weight of that description and this article, I will not be playing Nazi Zombles.

• joshhugley says:

You will be missing out on a good game bro.
        And remember how out of date this review is.
        They have had 4 updates since and have fixed almost all of the issues and now it is a very fun game.

49. joshhugley says:

Why are so many people hating this game?
    It is a $15 game to play when you have nothing better to do.
    And if you spent more then 30 minutes playing it then you would see how fun it is.
    And if you have a decent gaming computer to run it on Ultra then you would enjoy it more.
    If you have a wanabe gaming computer then don’t buy it.
    You won’t enjoy it on low. XD

50. Shimobe says:

“Although, to be fair, at the start of each rush of deads, you can try to pick one or two off at range.” So, really, what you’re saying is that you suck at sniping, so there’s no wonder you didn’t like a game that focuses on sniping and has “Sniper” in the title. If you have to switch away from your sniper rifle, you’re likely doing something wrong. Like sucking.