Strike Suit Zero Gets Triple Monitor Cockpit View

By Jim Rossignol on March 5th, 2013 at 3:00 pm.

The latest patch for space-combat blaster Strike Suit Zero looks like a cracker, with a much-demanded in-cockpit view (haha, cockpit is a funny word) which – like the game’s other views – should apparently work well with a three-monitor setup. So that’s fancy. In more practical news: the checkpoint system has been overhauled, the targeting systems has been reworked, and there are new difficulty levels. Strike Suit Zero Point Three, more like.

Watch it all get explained by handsomely becapped community spokesman Jamin Smith, below.

, .

1. monsterZERO says:

What an awesome update! Wasn’t going to purchase it, but my mind is made up, now.

2. gravity_spoon says:

So is this patch coming to the gog version as well ? I am interested in the improvement in the checkpoint system only though

• Premium User Badge Bugamn says:

Yes, according to them:

“Hello! We just wanted to keep everybody in the loop with details on the third patch for Strike Suit Zero, which you can update to via Steam now (GOG version incoming).”

3. Rian Snuff says:

Looks like I’ll be buying this game soon and setting up yee’ ol’ eyefinity once again.

4. Premium User Badge PikaBot says:

I can’t watch video at the moment. Can anyone explain the new targeting system for me? Will I no longer have to continually awkwardly manually target because the automatic target-selector keeps fixating on a flak turret thousands of clicks away?

• Jack-Dandy says:

Remember how there was a “what’s marked by your targeting reticule” targeting, and “priority” targeting?

Now, you can set the “priorities”. Between the default one, enemy fighter craft, torpedoes, enemy frigates, turrets, so on, so forth. Pretty cool.

The cockpit view is also neat.

• Fyce says:

You now have some sort of “target wheel” which you will be able roll with the scrollwheel of your mouse or the ‘back’ button of a 360, allowing you to set the kind of targeting priorities you want, such as nearest torpedo, nearest enemy fighter, nearest cockpit joke, nearest everything…

5. Safewood says:

Cockpit view O.o

Now I have to consider buying it.

6. Zeewolf says:

This is about the right time to download my Kickstarter-copy, then.

Or it would have been if I hadn’t been so busy with other games. Dammit.

7. SuicideKing says:

You just spoiled the word ‘cockpit’ for me, Jim.

8. Uncompetative says:

Nice to see developers with some humility. It is always better to let your game’s quality speak for itself.

9. derbefrier says:

Hell yeah I just bought this amd thought it was pretty good but.stoped playing when I heard they were adding a cockpit view. It’s a pretty fun little game glad I bought it.

10. Caiman says:

Cockpit view = bought.

11. sinister agent says:

“It’s called the cockpit because it’s a pit of cocks.”