The RPS Bargain Bucket: Going Straight

By Lewie Procter on March 23rd, 2013 at 12:00 pm.

It’s a bumper week for the bargain bucket, with shedloads of great games available to buy for far less than you might expect to have to pay for them. I haven’t the foggiest idea why some weeks there’s tonnes of games for me to feature in this here column, whereas other weeks it’s slim pickings. Maybe it’s something to do with the phases of the moon, or could perhaps plate tectonics be responsible? Regardless, I don’t ask too many questions, I just enjoy the cheapness. For access to the best deals on games throughout the week, you’ll be wanting to visit SavyGamer.co.uk on a regular basis. Here’s this week’s selection:

Various Sega bundles
Firstly there’s the Dreamcast Collection for £3/€2/$6, which is pretty great, although it’s not exactly the best selection of Dreamcast games, just the ones Sega already had PC ports of developed. You get Crazy Taxi, SEGA Bass Fishing, Sonic Adventure & Space Channel 5: Part 2. Then there’s a whole load of Sonic games for £14.78/€20.38/$21.56. This is the majority of Sonic games that are available for the PC, and it’s still the case that there hasn’t been a proper Sonic game since 1994. Then finally for £14.36/€15.49/$16.86, there’s a bundle that includes the Dreamcast Collection, the recent rereleases of Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS into Dreams, plus a collection of loads of Mega Drive games. Great if you fancy a history lesson, and some of those old 16 bit games are legitimate classics. These all registers on Steam, and you’ll want to apply coupon “GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD” for maximum savings.

The various Legacies of Kain for 99p a pop.
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver – 99p
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 – 99p
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 – 99p
Legacy of Kain: Defiance – 99p
Dunno what the prices for these are in other regions. Hopefully similar!
There’s still no word on the Legacy of Kain reboot that is probably happening. Square-Enix are keeping shtum, but they’ve been gradually making the old games available from more places, there’s been dribs and drabs of reports that their doing something Kainy, and it would probably fit with their recent habit of bringing their ip from the past up to date, like they did with Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, and they are currently doing with Thief. There are no new ideas left. What would you want from a reboot? Obviously it should be a first person shooter, although perhaps quick time events should be the central mechanic. No doubt it’ll be confusingly just called “Legacy of Kain”.

Bastion – Pay What You Want
Optionally registers on Steam.
The first of humbles new weekly deals, with a range of bonuses scaling with how much you want to pay. Here’s wot John thought of this back at release:

If you play for mechanics there’s a lot on offer here, but you’ll be confused why the game is being celebrated so loudly. But for atmosphere, grace, wit and heart, it’s a remarkable achievement. I’m nowhere near finished – the game appears to be enormous. But as I write this, one of the game’s pieces of music looping endlessly in the background, I know I’m going straight back.

More here.

Outcast – £1.04/€1.22/$1.59
It’s pretty heartbreaking for me that I’ve never been able to properly play Outcast. On paper, it’s exactly my sort of thing, but this imaginary piece of paper doesn’t have “Brain crippling motion sickness inducing” written on it. Yes, Outcast gives me awful motion sickness, and it’s actually the only game I’ve ever experienced this with. It’s unbearable. Here’s Jim writing about it from all the way back in 2007:

Despite the fact that an errant singularity was eating our homeworld, players were encouraged to take their time in exploring this new planet. In so doing we were able to build up a reputation among the peasants and rebel clans for whom our hero, Cutter Slade, was something of messiah. Outcast’s towns, villages and alien wildernesses remain one of the outstanding visions of what PC gaming could and should be like: it was a game of exploration, and of gun-fights in rice-paddies.

Excitingly, the Open Outcast project he mentions at the end of that piece has been making progress all this time, and they’re planning to release a demo at the end of the month.

Deal of the week
Steam Indie Sale
Valve are running one of their massive sales again, this time it’s all indie games. You could try grappling their storefront to see if there’s anything that you want, or if you’d prefer to just see a massive list of everything in the sale, I’ve done just that over at SavyGamer. Some of my top recommendations from the sale are the delightful, thoughtful twin stick shooter Everyday Shooter, hard as nails sci-fi rougelike-like FTL, trippy Minter shooter Gridrunner Revolution, utterly fucking beautiful point and clicker Machinarium, the best 90s action game from the last decade: Noitu Love 2: Devolution, a beautiful island you can walk around (that has Occulus Rift support on the way!) Proteus, Terry Cavanagh’s arcade masterpiece Super Hexagon, the best game: The Binding of Isaac, minimalist platformer about Geometry with personalities Thomas Was Alone, and my favourite twin stick shooter of recent times: Waves. Buy all the games.

Also of note:
Richard & Alice – £1.99
Cognition, Episode 1: The Hangman, Dedale De Luxe, Dinner Date, I Get This Call Every Day, J.U.L.I.A., Necrotic Drift Deluxe, Phantasmaburbia, Reversion: The Meeting & Vampires – £3.85/€4.52/$5.87
Aztaka, Blades Of Time, Cubemen, Spacechem, The Journey Down: Chapter One & iBomber Defense – £2.57/€3.01/$3.91. Registers on Steam.
Space Pirates and Zombies – Pay What You Want
Resident Evil 5 – £3.50
Mass Effect Trilogy – £19.99
Hitman: Absolution – £4.99. Registers on Steam.
Sleeping Dogs [Limited Edition] – £4.99. Registers on Steam.
Final Fantasy VII – £4.99
StarTopia – 99p
Condemned: Criminal Origins – £2/€2/$3. Apply coupon “GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD”. Registers on Steam.
Borderlands 2 – £8.16/€13.59/$16.31. Apply coupon “GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD”. Registers on Steam.

If somehow that lot isn’t enough for you, you can always find more cheap games over at SavyGamer.co.uk.

__________________

« | »

1. Ansob says:

and it’s still the case that there hasn’t been a proper Sonic game since 1994.

Come on Lewie. Sonic CD came out in 96, and Generations is actually pretty good.

Resident Evil 5′s well worth that price if you liked RE4, incidentally. Especially if you have a co-op partner (don’t try to play it with the AI on the hardest difficulty).

• Suits says:

Yes, Generations is pretty good. But it is essentially a remake of levels from previous games. So you could say it’s not a proper Sonic game on it’s own merits.

• Deadly Sinner says:

But they are more themes than remakes. For the 16 bit games’ stages, at least. The later stages seem to be more faithful to their respective games from my limited experience.

As a random aside, Sonic Heroes was the only game I enjoyed between S3&K and Generations (never played Colors.) It didn’t have any of that extraneous crap that the Adventures or other games had. Still weird, since it seems to be the second or third most hated Sonic game.

• Lewie Procter says:

I don’t really like Sonic CD, and Generations is half the same as rubbish modern Sonic and half sort of like a remake of the old Sonic’s from people that didn’t really understand what made them good.

• Xercies says:

I still don’t get the hate for the 3D sonics they I think are pretty good games and very fun only occasionally does the camera get in the way of the fun . Also Generations was great.

• honuk says:

Sonic CD came out in 1993. It was developed concurrently with Sonic 2.

2. Architekt says:

Pay what you want for Bastion?
    Holy Guacamole

3. breakfastcereal says:

Hitman costs € 8.74..

4. Crimsoneer says:

Is hitman worth a fiver?

Also, how does installation work for the Legacy of Kain? And how are hte ports?

Also, you can still pre-order Bioshock on GMG and get ALL THE FREE GAMES.

• Suits says:

Or http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/bioshockinfinite for an additional 9 GBP in store credit. (Better for non-dollar ppl)

• Kuschelwampe says:

Thank you for that one!!
        3 games I don’t have for 36€ plus Bioshock 1 plus 16k blue coins, that’s just too good to pass!
        Now back to Backlog Infinite!

• trjp says:

Most of the games from the Squeenix store are fully DRM free – download them, install them (no codes in most cases) – save the installer for later – job done.

That certainly applies to LoK: SR and the TR: Trilogy games cos I bought em from there and they have no codes etc.

As for the port – LoK:SR is a Playstation (yes, the original) game and looks like it. That said, it offered all the resolutions I’d expect (I’m running it 1920×1080 but makes for BIG POLYGONS) and there is some tearing and poly-breakup (it’s a Playstation game – they all had that!?) and the sound stutters a bit too.

Controls – it recognises a 360 pad but there’s no way to setup the sticks and they make you move and circle CONSTANTLY which is a pain-in-the-ass. The only real solution to that is either to play with the keyboard (no mouse support that I noticed) or use XPadder or something like that to map the sticks somehow (no idea if that’s possible since XPadder is now a pay thing and I don’t own it).

I’m told that a PS2 pad adaptor works quite well – as it should – but whilst I have one, I no longer own a working PS2 pad!!

It’s still head-and-shoulders above other games of it’s era too!

• Deadly Sinner says:

Re: Hitman, I would say yes depending on what you like to play. I’m someone who has played through every singe Hitman. This is not really a Hitman game, but I still enjoyed it. It certainly helped that all of the reviews readjusted by expectations.

Personally, I enjoyed it because it’s one of the very few mostly hardcore stealth games as long as you, a. play it on the hardest or second hardest difficulty, and b. care about the rating at the end. To get that best rating, you need to never be seen, knock out or kill as few people as possible, hide the people you do take out, and kill the targets in specific ways. And despite what the trailers showed, you are not some superman like Sam Fischer in Splinter Cell Conviction (as long as you play at those top two difficulties.) Hell, I don’t think I could shoot my way through most levels. It’s less an open ended murder sandbox like the previous games, and more like a murder puzzle that you have to find the best way through. The presentation is gorgeous. The only thing I would almost call a dealbreaker is the checkpoints. Apparently, at most difficulty settings, you get to save whenever you like, but at those top two difficulty sections, you rely solely on checkpoints. That can be super annoying, especially when you have to assassinate three people in one checkpoint and you haven’t quite worked out how to kill all three in one go while maintaining the highest rating.

5. SuperNashwanPower says:

There are games in there I already bought at a discount, but now they are even cheaper. This makes me sad and want to plot a rampage in which I destroy countless vegetable allotments in Birmingham. Absolution for 5 quid, BLands for 8. Seriously. Fuck those cabbages.

In other news, I have noticed that my gaming hobby has recently become more about buying games than actually playing them, as every time I try to start a new game I just bought I can’t quite muster the enthusiasm. I think I have a Gaming Kleptomania problem. Anyone else? Guys?

• Suits says:

Once you acknowledge the problem, your healing process can begin

• XisLoose says:

I noticed the same myself, in 2 years I mustered about 120 games, and barely played 30….
      But this is fun. Once I acknowledged it ,as Suits said, I enjoy hoarding games and hoping to one day play them all… maybe when I retire to pension :)

• AngoraFish says:

I now own enough games to get me through to the end of the world, yet I can’t generate enough enthusiasm to do anything other than buy them and read about them. I have mostly transferred my gaming problem to Kickstarter, since that way I can start buying games I’ll never play well in advance. By the time these games are actually released I’ll have forgotten I ever Kickstarted them and I can buy them all over again, to ignore a second time.

• Faceinstien says:

Oh I’m glad it’s not just me! The other day I had the overwhelming urge to buy a new game, not a specific game mind, just a new one. I eventually bought the early access of starforge and played it for about an hour. Now I want MORE new games!!! (I like to think I’m similar to a squirrel who stores nuts up for the winter, I’m storing games up for the “winter” when no good games come out, alternatively I just have a problem…)

• SuperNashwanPower says:

Blimey yes I feel you all (sorry sounded a bit dodgy). I think I also have a cognitive dissonance thing going on. I WANT to buy a game. It feels all nice. Whoo. New game. I bought a thing. It feels like CAKE. But that was all I wanted, you know? The little buzz. Then I realise I don’t really want it at all, but tell myself that its good because one day I will play it. And yet, there all the AssCreed games sit, with an hour’s play between them.

And to think I laughed at my girlfriend for constantly buying new shoes. I will now go and cry whilst gorging myself on ice cream. A bit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcL7S1NzGM

• Martel says:

I think I have the same problem. Is there a 12 step program for game hoarding? My wife says it’s the least harmful thing I could hoard as it’s relatively cheap and takes up no physical space, and some day maybe I will play them all….or at least some

• SuperNashwanPower says:

There’s that phrase again … “some day” :o Like a refrain for the retail game addicted….

OMG – to the sensational-o-tron! We’ve discovered a gaming disease! Kleptoludophilia? Kleptoludomania? Ludokleptomania? “Steam Sale Syndrome”?

Its almost as if Lewie knew something when he came up with that title

• Xercies says:

i get the feeling we should all be on tha Shopholics TV series and that we all have dead people in our pasts making us want to buy stuff or something. I can’t help it I’m like oh I heard this game was good I must buy it so it can go in the ever increasing Steam category of Come Back To

• The Random One says:

I don’t have any rush for buying games, so I’m just constantly running after my backlog.

I imagine that I’m preparing for a very specific apocalipse in which I will still have electricity and (preferrably) internet but won’t need to work.

… Now that I think about it, it sounds more like preparing for a debilitating injury. OUT OUT BAD THOUGHTS

• fish99 says:

Oh god, same thing here. I think I must play about 5-7 games per year but I buy about 25-30. Of the 250 games in my steam library I probably finished about 20 maybe. The problem is the industry seems to be making 5-10x as many games as it was 10-15 years ago, to the point where no one can possibly play even the majority of them.

I’ve pretty much decided to stop buying new games at this point, it’s just throwing money away.

• DougieMonster says:

Dude, you are not alone. I’ve got something like 300+ games on Steam alone. Of that, I’ve only ever played about 60-70, and i’ve completed something like 5-6.

I once chucked my details into the steamcalculator website to see how much I’d spent, got a fright and swore to never look at it again.

Dear god i hope my girlfriend doesn’t see this…

• SuperNashwanPower says:

I would have to get into whole other genres to have that many I think. I don’t play any multiplayer games, so that has mercifully kept my kleptofigure down. I just counted and, at least for my steam account and not looking at hard copies I own, I guess I have bought around 88 games (not counting the free stuff like HL deathmatch and TF2) and there are about 35 I have never played or just played an hour or so before stopping. I have completed 31 of them. The rest are a case of started, but got bored or lost enthusiasm for. Thats 57 games I have got outstanding playtime for, even if many of them did only cost a few quid (and some of them were full price – more fool me).

Looking at the games I completed, I remember loving them. Many of the uncompleted ones I remember becoming bored with around the half way point. So I think its also true that theres a lot of games in there that I simply didn’t enjoy that much or didnt hook me enough to bother completing. Having said that, part of the reason I left them until they were £4 in a sale is because I KNEW they weren’t super duper, or in a genre I was lukewarm for. Mental note: Stop buying those games, resist The Scarcity Principle, be happy.

• baozi says:

This sounds familiar. I also have way too many games on Steam, much more than I play; I have thought before that it’d be nice to start fresh. It’s actually crippling, but I’ve been more cautious recently.

Thought: Don’t buy games just because they’re discounted and you’re slightly interested in them. They may be cheap, but every game you don’t play is a waste of money. Also, chances are it’ll be discounted again. Just buy what you’re burning to play. If you don’t know when you’ll play a game you want to buy, don’t buy it. The same goes for series with all titles discounted at once. If you’re really interested, how about buying just one title? Keep it slow; if you like it, you can still buy the other titles sometime else, and you’ll have none of the burden.

Also: first world problems.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

Group Hug
        Or perhaps something more British, such as mumbling an approving “yeeeeees” over a cup of tea to everyone.

• Mithent says:

Count me in too… so many games from Steam sales and indie bundles, yet so many unplayed, and even fewer finished. Unless I can finish a game in under, say, six hours it has an enormous hurdle to overcome. And, yet, more discounted games I’ve never heard of are available for only £1-2…

• SavageTech says:

I, TOO, AM IN AGREEMENT! Seriously though, I’ve got at least 50 games that I haven’t touched and yet I still feel the need to buy more games when I see a sale. I’ve gotten better at suppressing that urge by reminding myself that there will probably be an equal or better deal by the time I actually want to play the game, but the pressure to buy or miss out on a deal still tugs on my brainstrings quite often.

It’s silly, too, because you aren’t actually saving any money when you buy a game on sale, you’re spending it. If you already wanted the game and/or were waiting for a price drop then that expense is justifiable, but beyond those cases the psychology of “sales = good” is severely flawed.

6. MOKKA says:

Just buy Outcast.

7. O-2-L says:

GMG are also doing a deal for Bioshock Infinite, I’m tempted to get it myself.

8. Jimbo says:

68p for Bastion. Nice.

9. airtekh says:

Indie strategy/shooter Natural Selection 2 is 50% off and has a free weekend on Steam, if you’ve been waiting to try it.

Rock, Paper, Skulk meets on Sundays and Thursdays from around 7pm GMT, if you want to play with some friendly folk.

10. XisLoose says:

Anybody got any experience with the Squeenix store? Payment methods? DRM? limit on installation? etc etc…

• TheDreamlord says:

I just bought Hitman Absolution. Registration is fast and they accept Paypal. Steam key received immediately. Hope that helps.

• trjp says:

See my post above – non-Steam games are mostly DRM free downloads with no client or codes required.

Some games do allude to needing a code of some sort but it’s not entirely clear which are which without buyign them.

I bought LoK: SR and TR: Underworld and they’re DRM free for sure.

11. TechnicalBen says:

Well, PWYW officially destroyed my hope of swapping my spare copy of Bastion for any other game. :(

12. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Startopia for 99p. Come on, that’s less than the cost of five packets of Space Raiders.

• BooleanBob says:

I don’t want to live in a world where Space Raiders cost more than 5p! #nostalgia #depression #nowthe5psjustallpileupinjamjars #whenthejamjarsarefullwespendthe5psonmorejamjars

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

They haven’t been the same since they were unjustly forced to take out the carcinogenic food colouring additives.

In my day we was grateful for bowel cancer.

• BooleanBob says:

Or cost the same, revealingly.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

They had to replace the artificial colouring carcinogens with invisible carcinogens so as not to obscure the natural earwax-brown of the corn substrate due to EU rules.

• trjp says:

Interesting to note that one of the most worrying things in food science is the issue of acrylamide – which is known to cause cancer in mice but the situation with humans isn’t so clear (and food companies intend to keep it that way because it’s fucking hard to avoid it getting into any food which is cooked at a decent temperature).

Crisps are jam-packed with the stuff – so removing the colourings was probably a false positive in that case…

It’s quite funny when you realise how they found it tho – they discovered it in high levels in construction workers back in 2001/2 and spent eons tearing their sites apart for toxins before they realised they were getting it from crisps, chips and so on :)

• Rikard Peterson says:

Deal of the week!

I’ve been thinking about the game before, and at this price it’s worth it to register yet another account. (I probably wouldn’t bought it in a store where I hadn’t shopped before unless it was this ridiculously cheap. Yet another account and password to keep track of.)

• Martel says:

Use Keepass

Anybody try running this on Win8? I’ve never played the game, but a quick glance shows it’s something I very much should play. I’ll buy it anyway at that price, just curious if it’ll work.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I don’t follow you, sirrah. Space Raiders require no password. Although you do have to open the packet. I won’t stand for this nitrogen-packed-for-freshness DRM!

• Rikard Peterson says:

I don’t think those Space Raiders of which you speak exist in Sweden.

• Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Clearly this “Sweden” is a benighted land, bereft of the conveniences and luxuries of modern life, where children howl at the moon for entertainment, and madmen gibber and caper on street corners.

Behold the Space Raiders. (Apologies for large size of photo, it was the only one I could find that actually shows the Space Raiders themselves, not just the packet)

Forensic snackologists have used the “15p” price tag to date the picture as contemporaneous with Susan Boyle memorabilia and something best forgotten which is now known only as “Jedward”.

• HothMonster says:

So I don’t get it, does that very large space raider come in the pouch dehydrated or something? I really don’t see how “she” could fit in the bag. And then when you get it to full size it eats all the other ones so you can’t embiggen them too? So what do you get to eat?

13. pakoito says:

How is A Valley Without Wind 2? I’m willing to give them a chance.

• Crimsoneer says:

I enjoyed it! Worth it at that price, definitely.

• pakoito says:

How does it play? I know the basic concepts (platformer/arts), but not how the second one improved the per-minute gameplay.

• Crimsoneer says:

2 major differences 1) it’s far closer to the old metroid games, with no mouse aiming – you can switch it one, but it’s not designed that way – and the monsters are designed around that. There are also far more of them
          2) the strategic game is a lot tighter. You have a variety of buildings to use, and your goals are quite achievable and shorter term.

14. James Allen says:

Good to see that I’m not the only one that misspells as “roguelike” as “rougelike”. I prefer the “French” spelling :)

15. JustAPigeon says:

Buy Dark Souls for 50% off. Use the money you saved to buy a 360 pad. Install the DSFix mod to get higher resolutions: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/19

Enjoy the greatest game ever made.

• pakoito says:

“Enjoy”

(10 hours in, too scared to fire up the game and lose all progress from past checkpoint)

• Shazbut says:

I don’t find it a truly loveable game, seeing as how it isn’t really about anything and doesn’t end properly, but I don’t feel like I want to disagree when you call it the greatest game ever.

• aliksy says:

What the hell are you talking about?

Dark Souls is really good in a lot of ways, but the controls aren’t so hot. Also some of the bonfires are too far from tough spots, so you repeat easier content a lot if you’re having a hard time of it.

• aliksy says:

I can’t edit my post! Ahhh I misread your post so pretend my response was less hostile. I meant, “What do you mean it’s not about anything?”

• nameless says:

Just a heads up; Darks Souls is indeed on a 50% off sale on Steam, however Valve has run out of CD Keys for the game, so you’ll likely have to wait a few days to play the game until they can contact GFWL and the publisher to replenish them.

Good old DRM. It does a great job of always making piracy seem like the better option.

16. Oathbreaker says:

COMMANDOES THE COLLECTION. All caps, yeah, that’s right. $3.74

Ummmhmm, yep. I think you missed it.

17. Droopy The Dog says:

Savvy gamer kept telling me I was too spammy when I tried to comment there, so here’ll do. Cheers muchly for the steam sale rundown Leweth!

18. Spoon Of Doom says:

All I want is a (legal) digital download version of the very first Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen. Is that too much to ask?

• Scumbag says:

Activision hold the cards on that. Also, while it was made a LONG time before the clusterfuck that just happened, did Silicon Knights not make the first Blood Omen? Can imagine trying to pry anything from that corpse may be hard.

• kud13 says:

yes, but, Crystal Dynamics took all the rights to the game away from Silicon Knights. And Squeenix released Blood Omen on PSN.

I honestly think I want this game out of the legal limbo far more than I wanted System Shock 2. And if those bastards “reboot” the series, I hope they crash and burn. Blood Omen is part of my childhood, one of the first games I’ve ever played to completion (the others being Warcraft II and UFO)

19. Triplanetary says:

Is there anywhere besides Square’s site to buy PC re-release of FF7? I don’t particularly fancy having my downloads spread all over the Internet like some kind of download hussy.

20. randyo says:

And Waking Mars is down to 4.99 on Steam as part of the indie sale! Cheapest it’s been!

• Hoaxfish says:

Wasn’t it technically part of a Humble Bundle at one point (so, cheaper I think at that point)… just nitpicking obviously.

21. kalirion says:

Why does RPS always ignore the groupees bundles, except for the one time La-Mulana was offered as a bonus?

Anyway, Groupees Build-a-Bundle 5.

Make your own bundle out of the following games:

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee + Exoddus
    Spellforce: Platinum Edition
    Nethergate: Resurrection
    Storm in a Teacup
    Lume
    Marvin’s Mittens
    Dawnstar
    Dawning
    Manhunter

The bonus game Millennium 2 has been unlocked for everyone regardless of which game you’ll pick. Bonus game Tobe’s Vertical Adventure will be unlocked once 5000 bundles are sold. Other unlocked bonuses include some indie music.

2 games @$1.50 minimum, gets cheaper per game the more you add. For today (Saturday) 1 game @$0.75 minimum.

Steam & Desura keys provided as applicable (one key per game, Steam key takes priority over Desura) and all games have DRM Free downloads (actually not sure Dawnstar is completely DRM Free as it has a non-Steam/Desura key as well…)

Edit: haha, really? Awaiting moderation for 2 days now … you guys really do have something against groupees don’t you.

22. Ignorant Texan says:

A recommendation/preference – Empire:TW(Steam Daily deal) or Napoleon:TW with the Peninsular Campaign(GamersGate Daily Deal)? Good price on TW complete on Steam, but I have TW:S2 and Rome already.

23. Orontes says:

Is it worth buying Final Fantasy 7? I’ve always been meaning to play it, but I’m worried about the port. What do you guys think?

24. Moraven says:

origin has some good deals. At least for the stuff not on Steam.

Not sure if international tho.

25. Vercinger says:

You forgot Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe, which is in the same sale as Outcast, and at the same price.

26. BarneyL says:

Indie Gala added Europa Universalis III Chronicles (the full package) to their latest bundle yesterday which ups the value of it significantly.

27. valz says:

Spelling error: “rougelike” means you like blush makeup. Rouge.

28. kalirion says:

Since my comment containing actual links to steam, desura pages has been “awaiting moderation” for 2 days, just gonna repost it without any links.

Anyway, Groupees Build-a-Bundle 5.

Make your own bundle out of the following games, most containing DRM Free downloads + the listed platform keys:

Steam:
    Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee + Exoddus
    Spellforce: Platinum Edition
    Nethergate: Resurrection
    Storm in a Teacup
    Lume

Desura:
    Marvin’s Mittens
    Dawnstar
    Dawning
    Manhunter

Bonus games (get by buying anything else):
    Millennium 2 (download only for now, Desura key reportedly coming once game gets on Desura)
    Tobe’s Vertical Adventure (Steam)
    Geneforge Saga (not yet unlocked, <400 sales to go until it is, most likely Steam)

2 games @$1.50 minimum, gets cheaper per game the more you add.

Comment on this story