Martian On: Lifeless Planet Trailer, Release Postponed

By Jim Rossignol on April 8th, 2013 at 11:00 am.

Lace Mamba have told Gbase that atmospheric-looking exploration game Lifeless Planet (which now looks increasingly un-lifeless, if you look at the trailer below) has been delayed until the second or third quarter of this year. The game, which features an astronaut discovering a Russian town on a distant planet, is one of the most intriguing Kickstarted games due to turn up this year, so hopefully the delay will prove to be worthwhile.

The game soundtrack can now be pre-ordered here.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. yesterdayisawadeer says:

“Stop, wait!”
    “Now run!”

“The Devil is coming.”

2. tobecooper says:

I may be blind but I can’t see an option to pre-order the game there.

3. faelnor says:

Martian Tomb Raider with human ghost towns, decrepit USSR laboratories and jet-packs? Enticing.
    Let’s hope the reveals come in slowly and that there’s a good deal of, as the title says, lifeless (or almost) exploration. What I certainly don’t want to be doing half an hour into the game is being relentlessly chased by angry aliens or mutated soviets. That guardian angel girl concept is good and intriguing, but I hope the dangers are mainly environmental in nature. Fortunately, it looks like to be the case.

4. razgon says:

Nice trailer, but I could have sworn we’ve seen it before?

anyways, looks very interesting – I wonder if there is any building in it? Mars seems such a perfect place for a building game ala Patterns or Minecraft.

5. Oak says:

It’s an alien trap, obviously. They’re luring him to his doom with every astronaut’s weakness: ice cream sandwiches.

6. guygodbois00 says:

I wish the ingame Russians will speak their native language (with subtitles). It would be, for me at least, quite refreshing. The game itself looks very beautiful and I find the atmosphere exploration provoking. Hope it does not prove me wrong.

• phelix says:

I agree. Few things spoil my experience more than Russians speaking English with a ridiculous Hollywood-esque accent (cough, Stalker, cough, BF3)

• Znea says:

I’m kind of hoping that the Russian will be unsubtitled, barring a knowledge of Russian by the astronaut, but then perhaps that could be an optional thing as some might be more appreciative of knowing what is being said.

7. stage2studios says:

Hi guys! David Board, creator of Lifeless Planet here to answer a few (but not all!) questions:
    -The woman speaks will be speaking Russian, not Russianesque English. She will not be subtitled either, so you have to cue on her motions/actions.
    -This is an action-adventure and while there will be “dangers”…they are of the more natural variety (so without giving away story this does not degrade into a shooter/horror, though there are many scary moments).
    -No ice cream sandwiches–it will all be freeze dried, silly.
    -Sorry, but there are no game pre-orders yet, just the soundtrack.

Comment on this story