Rage Unterror: The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing

By Jim Rossignol on April 8th, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

“This time we’re going to talk about Rage. You know the feeling, I suppose.”

Anyway! Neocore’s The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing (Facebook homepage, argh! Read the devblog instead) is looking increasingly alluring for those of us who wish to explode thronging herds of rabid monsters into clouds of loot and gore. The latest trailer – which explains the rage and power-up system – shows quite a lot of that happening. What is there to explain about those things? Well, it lets you set off and charge up all your abilities at the same time, which I suppose is a little unusual.

ARPG uncomplexities aside, the game is looking quite sparkly, in a gothy sort of way. Go take a look.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Njordsk says:

Bram Stoker would be proud of him indeed.

2. nimzy says:

“Clouds of loot” has me imagining a gaming parody of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Loot falling from the sky!

3. Jubaal says:

Woah how much of the screen do they want the numbers to take up?

4. Eddy9000 says:

Hordes of the rabid dead eh? Perhaps Thatcher will put in an appearance.

5. GoateeGamer says:

I’m sure we can expect the same garbage Neocore gave us with King Arthur 2. They basically left it a broken mess, unsolvable quests, missing set items never placed.

It’s practically an alpha build, sales were poor, so they flat out ditched the game before it was finished. Then, when people just to post in the forums, they send Kate to flat out say, “The game is over, this forum is closed.”

• 0rpheus says:

So much this. KA2 left a sour taste in my mouth that has never really left, so much so that I wouldn’t touch anything Neocore develop.

• gschmidl says:

Oh wow, that’s good to know since I was eyeing this. Definitely not going near it until I’ve seen reviews, then, thanks!

6. The Random One says:

That guy sounds like an extremely creepy video game hotline person from the 90′s.

• foop says:

“This yellow substance here is your boiling rage.”

Thank goodness for that, I thought I’d have to visit my GP again. He almost, but not entirely, sounds like he believes what he’s saying. There’s just a little edge of weariness at having to read this nonsensical script.

Comment on this story