Tomorrow’s Planetside 2 Call To Arms

By Jim Rossignol on April 10th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Tomorrow night, then. Here’s how it’s going to go down.

We’ve tentatively agreed to kick the crap out of the PC Gamer outfit from 2000 UK time tomorrow on Amerish, Miller server. We’ll probably form up from 1900.

If you don’t want to play Vanu, there is an RPS NC contingent who I hope will also be out and about.

Meanwhile, the VS Outfit, aka The Giraffes, will be making up the main platoon for Thursday’s activities. To get on there you will need to get an outfit member to invite you. You can find their organisation thread here to beat the rush.

We’ll be using the Quasi-Official RPS Mumble server for voice comms, details for which can be found here. You’re going to want to listen (and there will probably be too many people for you to tell us about your cats, anyway) so get signed up there even if you don’t have a mic.

A useful resource is PS2Maps, which has live maps of the territory in the game. I’ve yet to see if I can put that on a second monitor while I am playing, but I presume it’d be handy. Plus the site is awesome anyway.

Finally, I notice the main Planetside 2 account tweeted about our planned rumpus, so things could get hectic.

Planetside 2 is here and it is free. Bring your friends.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. FlyDungas says:

weak game in my holy opinion

• fishmitten says:

Great contribution

• Ultra Superior says:

Let’s all play this hugemassive supergame! Deploy your troopaz planetside on my command! YEE HAW!

…..

….*chirp* … *chirp* …. . . .

• Phantoon says:

I was playing against some friends while they were NC, and they began talking in the most godawful southern accents. They didn’t even realize they were doing it.

• Safilpope says:

I’ve always seen NC as rednecks, you may have just proven my feeling right

• MrEclectic says:

Hm, as it has been pointed out to me, doesn’t NC stand for NiCkelback fans? :P

dangermouse76 says:

Holy weak opinion ?

• EsotericReverie says:

Opinions in my weekly gaming hole.

Nothing weak about tonights game, excellent turnout—more than 200 people!—and an amazing job from command, coping with all of that. Time on the ground was really fun, and I hope the experience getting into the game was good, even for those who joined later on in the evening, when things were in full swing.

You need to play with the right people, and this becomes something truly unique.

2. lordcooper says:

Holy Game in my weak opinion.

3. mrchinchin25 says:

Looking forward to shooting some purple spandex and red terrors tomorrow night. FREEDOM!

4. Phantoon says:

Call to arms. Shows TR MAX about to murder everyone.

Yes, of course. At least you’re not lying to yourself, Vanu scum.

5. WoundedBum says:

As someone very new to the game, how will this work out? Are PCGamer playing a different faction? Won’t those fighting for the NC end up killing fellow RPS’ers who are Vanu? Forgive the newbishness!

Hanban says:

Hello friend!

My name is BobHound and I play for the NC. The Vanu are awful scum and must die. Just like the TR.

In the grim future of RPS communities there is only war.

Smoochies!

Thurgret says:

There are three opposing empires in-game. The Vanu Sovereignty, the New Conglomerate, and the Terran Republic. They define what you’re supposed to shoot lasers at.

Within empires, there are outfits – these are groups set up to foster cooperation, teamwork, all that sort of thing. There is an RPS Vanu outfit, and another for NC. PC Gamer has a Terran Republic outfit. The event doesn’t involve isolation from the rest of the game or anything – they’re still fighting across the map with all the hundreds/thousands of others of their empire on that server.

• Ayam says:

Yes in response to both of your questions, the web weaved isn’t actually that webby, sticky or complicated. :) Just a bunch of funlovers blasting each other up with different tribal tattoos. You’ll probably have a great time with whoever you join.

As one of the NC lads, major thanks to Jim for an incredibly inclusive attitude and, not in anyway skewed, but I sincerely hope the PC Gamer tears fertilise the alien-cabbages of Amerish for years. EAGLEBEAAAAMMMM!

6. Wut The Melon says:

Did the Mumble-channel just get upgraded from Unofficial to Quasi-Official? Who knows, we might get to a full-blown Official RPS Mumble Channel (uniforms obligatory) yet!

7. CMaster says:

Just put up a guide for people coming to join us, will be updated with any changes.

Comment with any criticism

• thecat17 says:

Only suggestion I can think of is an epic call to arms banner picture.
      And yes, this is a call to you outfit brethren and sisteren to shop one up!

8. The Random One says:

I’d play, but I’d wager I’d become the Amazing Flickerman if I tried to play in an European server.

9. Zungado says:

Uh the amount of times I’ve deleted a character on Miller, to switch factions to play with others. Would playing with the RPS vanu outfit be worth it? Would anyone say it’ll spark an interest in PS2 in me again?

cairbre says:

I cant seem to join the mumble server it says server connection failed server timed out

• Glottis1 says:

Same here.

Server connection failed: the remote host closed the connection.

11. Duke of Chutney says:

Jim, anything that is posted as an front page article here goes straight on to steam as you bring up PS2. So anyone that plays PS2 knows about this.

Still, RTRS will come. But i wont be on till about 9GMT

Also for those globally. I played a session yesterday with my brother who is in Korea on the miller server and it was manageable. The local quality of your internets and PC is more important than position on the earth.

Also whats the clan Tag for the PC game group. Just so we knows where to shoot.

• CMaster says:

[PCG]

Normally we only see them as part of the zerg, so will be interesting to actually fight them.

• Max Ursa says:

Part of the Zerg? My arse!

i have lost count of the number of times we have held RPS off before the zerg arrived or we have attacked before the zerg, not that i was making the effort to count but hey. besides, 97 (62%) of our outfit been on in last 30 days while RPS has had 327 (46%). you can have a zerg all of your own.

i look forward to tomorrow night.

if any of you folks are TR and would like to join up with [PCG] then feel free to message one of the following:

Jakhara
        Hairytouche
        Stillnos
        ThatNoobGuy
        MaxUrsa
        RedLuminary

failing that then just ask anyone you see with the [PCG] tag to get you a platoon invite.

• Dave says:

Rebel scum

• RIDEBIRD says:

We destroyed you on Esamir with one squad when you were one + had goons + NC came, don’t get cocky ;)

• MrEclectic says:

Well, not so much part of the zerg. More like riding on the coat tails of BRTD/GOON/SOV etc

Indeed, don’t get cocky. Love and plasma disco balls of doom.

• Cooper says:

I’ve definitely seen PCG hold their own. But I’ve also seen them wiped out by us.

I might be getting it worng, but it seems a shame that the smaller TR outfits on Miller get swamped by BRTD and the other large TR outfits. I get incredibly bored of seeing the same god damned TR outfits always being the organised lot…

We’re a big outfit, that’s true. We also don’t kick inactives, which means our % activity is very low.

The reason is simple. We want the outfit to be a place RPS readers can just come back to if they bounce off of the game the first time. It means they can just log in again and start rolling with us, no problem.

12. spencerg83 says:

I’m a Planetside2 player from the US West coast so it’s impossible for me to take part in the actual call to arms. Would it be worth it if I still joined and help maintain the territories during the off-peak hours?

• RIDEBIRD says:

This would be extremely useful. While the TR are generally unemployed or for some other reason simply do not sleep, Vanu lacks a night shift. We know some other ‘mericans we could hook you up to play at night with as well.

• Phantoon says:

Weird. Our factions are completely different. NA is TR is mostly 9 to 5ers, so our peak time begins around 5EST. Vanu is late nighters, their peak is around 9EST. NC is half children skipping school, so their peak time is during the day.

13. Dowr says:

Vanu scum.

NC for life.

14. jonfitt says:

The bit about there being no oceans on the Internet is hogwash because there are oceans and they make the latency too high to play on old world servers.

felisc says:

Quick question, wise friends full of wisdom : I see you all fancy folks sport a glorious RPS tag at the beginning of your nickname. Should we all wear it ? Including us newbie ? Or is it a mark only available to those who have burried more than 10000 of their friends ? And in the game ?

Thurgret says:

It’s an automatic thing that happens if you’re in the outfit.

16. scab says:

Would those without a single clue have a place involving themselves?

I have tried and tried again with PS. I really, really want to enjoy it.

Sinomatic says:

I’ve been playing for a couple of weeks now without having a clue, so I wouldn’t worry about it. The RPS folk are lovely and will point you in the right direction.

HighlordKiwi says:

This is -exactly- the place for those without a single clue to get involved. Preparations are being made to ease people into the game as fast/slow as needed.

• Cooper says:

First and foremost we exist as a place for RPS readers to enjoy Planetside 2.

Everything else is secondary, so if you are looking for somewhere friendly to be introduced to what is still an unnecessarily confusing game, we are a very good place to start.

17. overgrownpath says:

I’d love to play with you guys… It’s rather unfortunate that 9pm your time is 9am mine. Also the latency would likely be near-unplayable :(.

• MrEclectic says:

Well, during the last major update the EU servers didn’t come online as early as the US ones, so we made some characters there just for the laughs. It was actually very playable.

18. Hazzard65 says:

Good luck. NC are out in force tonight. You purple mother f***ers are going to burn right along the red bastards! *guitar solo*

• RIDEBIRD says:

NCTO op then? Will relay to the alliance, thanks for the info :)

Simplisto says:

RPS needs a Woodman presence for fools like me who didn’t know any better when they created a character :(