Get Your Endzone To Rezzed Or It’ll Be War For An Eternity

By Alec Meer on April 16th, 2013 at 3:30 pm.

Introversion, last year. For all I know he's dyed his hair pink for this year, so don't consider this too representative

Hidden in the title of this post are the names of three games making appearances at this year’s Rezzed. Can you solve my riddle? That’s right, the 2013 PC and indie games show will feature exclusive first looks at the much-anticipated Your, Or and For An. Less excitingly, there’ll also be sessions from the likes of Total War: Rome 2, Obsidian’s Project Eternity and Mode 7′s Frozen Endzone.

Such fine young things are joined by Dreamfall Chapters, Vlambeer’s Luftrausers, Introversion’s Prison Architect, and something called Sir, You Are Being Hunted, by history’s greatest monster & his friends. Many more sessions are yet to be announced, and we’ve got some exciting stuff in mind. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll just go on-stage and slowly remove my trousers for an hour, so everybody wins whatever happens.

On top of these dev talks – almost of all which drew a full house at last year’s inaugural Rezzed, there’ll be any number of PC games both indie and mainstream to play on the show floor. More on those over time, but do keep an eye on the Rezzed site for ongoing updates and stuff. And for tickets, seeing as you’ll need to buy one of those to get in. The show runs over June 22-23 in Birmingham. (Birmingham, UK, not Birmingham, Alabama. Which is a shame, as I wouldn’t mind visiting Alabama. I don’t know if it’s any good, I just fancy getting away.)

Here’s the full list of sessions so far. Those gaps will be plugged with exciting things soon, yes they will.

Saturday 22nd June:

• 12pm – TBA
  • 1pm – Prison Architect (Mark Morris and Chris Delay, Introversion Software)
  • 2pm – Frozen Endzone (Paul Taylor and Ian Hardingham, Mode 7 Games)
  • 3pm – Dreamfall Chapters (Ragnar Tornquist, Martin Bruusgaard and Dag Scheve, Red Thread Games)
  • 4pm – Project Eternity (Chris Avellone, Obsidian Entertainment)
  • 5pm – Sir, You Are Being Hunted (Tom Betts, Big Robot)

Sunday 23rd June:

• 12pm – TBA
  • 1pm – Luftrausers (Rami Ismail, Vlambeer) vs. Hotline Miami (Dennis Wedin, Dennaton)
  • 2pm – Total War: Rome II Live Code Demo (The Creative Assembly)
  • 3pm – TBA
  • 4pm – TBA
  • 5pm – TBA

Here’s a trailer. A trailer for a show. Goodness, they can do anything these days.

__________________

« | »

1. cliffski says:

Also, the show floor will have a booth where you lucky people can come along and play http://www.redshirtgame.com and also Democracy 3. yay!
    /gets back to coding…

2. FFabian says:

What about the booth babes?

3. The_Hunter says:

Aww man, I wish this in Bham too.

I would love some BBQ with a side of indie games.

4. BobbyDylan says:

Hmmm… Total War….

5. Llewyn says:

I can’t be the only one who, despite having a passable grasp on German, always reads that as Vlambeer’s Lovetrousers.

On an even less on-topic note, isn’t this mild weather nice? First time this year my Endzone hasn’t been Frozen. Wonder if you can buy heated office chairs…

6. Ultra Superior says:

how… how.. can there be a trailer showing presentations that haven’t happened yet ? SPACE TIME CONTINUUM FAIL

7. wallnuss says:

WHY‽ oh why‽ did you have to show me the picture of last years introversion talk? Why did you need to remind me about Subversion and all the glory that is lost to us. So answer me why ‽

8. Ross Angus says:

The headline went over two lines, and the world didn’t end. We have been misinformed. Unless Horace is eating his way through Alec right now.

9. soco says:

“The show runs over June 22-23 in Birmingham. (Birmingham, UK, not Birmingham, Alabama. Which is a shame, as I wouldn’t mind visiting Alabama. I don’t know if it’s any good, I just fancy getting away.)”

Oh please oh please oh please have a Rezzed in the States. Even if it is Alabama (but really, don’t have it in Alabama).

10. mollemannen says:

anyone else thinks the top picture looks like he is taking a piss?

11. essentialatom says:

A GOOD THING FINALLY CAME TO BIRMINGHAM

12. joedemo42 says:

Does anyone know what game is shown in the photograph at the top? Looks quite interesting.

Comment on this story