Sir, You Are Being Revealed In A New Video Series

By Jim Rossignol on April 19th, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER THING: As well as working on RPS, I run a three-man game-dev outfit called Big Robot. Our current project is Sir, You Are Being Hunted, which did fairly well on the Kickstarters. Rather than pretend RPS can be objective about this I am making a policy of declaring this interest and letting you decide for yourselves.

Without further ado, I’ve posted the latest videos below, so you can take a look. Love you!

A general overview:

I think this next one is the better video, and gives a flavour of how the game plays out. Please watch in HD! It took me forever to upload that.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is available for pre-order via the Humble Store.

The game will be playable at Rezzed 2013.

Oh, and to pre-empt the question: yes, there’s a Madam, You Are Being Hunted. You choose the gender of the game at that start, and all the UI and voice-work updates correspondingly.

, .

1. VLKR says:

This game looks absolutely delightful and I can’t wait to play it!

2. Iskariot says:

I absolutely love everything about this.

3. Ricochet64 says:

ERMAGEHRD SO MUCH EXCITEMENT AAAAAA

4. xaphoo says:

I haven’t watched both videos so I don’t know if you address this, but do you have any plans to redesign or somehow shrink and make subtle the HUD? The visibility/item meters look large and unattractive. Perhaps they could be melded into some other design element so that they are less obtrusive.

5. crinkles esq. says:

This is shaping up really quite nicely. Will the bird flocks play into the stealth? Think you’re being sneaky in the woods, but you set off birds in a tree and the robots are alerted to your presence?

6. captain nemo says:

Looks great. Is there a ‘distraction’ feature ?

• Jim Rossignol says:

Absolutely. Anything that makes noise will attract attention, but specifically rocks and bottles and be equipped to make different amounts of noise that robots will investigate.

7. GallonOfAlan says:

Will the robots use poisonous gases, and poison our asses?

8. EvilMachineDad says:

I know this will take a great amount of work to do, that you propably are better off spending elsewhere. but:
    I feel like looting a house by clicking on the door only emphasizes the actual emptyness of the 3d model

If you cant enter the building. Dont draw our attention to the otherwise normally enterable doors and windows.

Instead the loot should be placed outside the houses in barrels and boxes, or hung on walls.

This allso makes more sense in the setting; a man on the run would rummage through the garbage and outhouses. Not breaking in where the people are potentially eating supper or sleeping.. or are the buildings inhabited by robots aswell ? robots eating supper by the fireplace? :D

9. Fallward says:

Couple of things

- Well done on the progress so far, looks great

- Please do something about looting from a front door – not enjoyable at all

- As someone else mentioned, I really think the game should focus on being prey to the robots, rather than giving the player power to take them down. Maybe the guns can disable a robot so it can’t chase you as quickly – but killing them easily ruins the whole hunted thing. I dunno, just my 2c.

• Berzee says:

I think looting from the front door would be moderately enjoyable in a pinch (just like when you loot from a chest you don’t open it up and scrabble around inside…but on a much larger scale =P).

10. dsch says:

Why, no, Mr. Rossignol. I’ve never had an oyster.

11. DestructibleEnvironments says:

The game is looking glorious… But! I really, really wanted that character customization at the 100k stretch goal. ;_; (I’m a backer, too)