It’s The Gunpoint Gadget Show

By John Walker on April 22nd, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

Gadgets are clearly the best things there are. And it is they that Tom Francis highlights in the latest trailer for Gunpoint, accompanying the news that the game is going to be available on Steam. When? He still isn’t saying, the scamp. But he will tell you all about the gadgets.

We should point out that Tom is a chum, even though he works at for our arch-rivals and evil nemesis, PC Gamer. So this is pure corruption that you’re reading right here, and that’s what’s making me really want to play Gunpoint because it looks rather good:

Ow my brain. Just the Crosslink gadget looks complicated enough. Then there’s the Hushcracker, Deathfluke, Prankspasm… I admit, I just wanted to type those names out.

Also, those guards are rubbish at their jobs.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. kwyjibo says:

This has to support the Steam Workshop right?

2. Lambchops says:

Perhaps he isn’t saying because it’s destined for Greenlight purgatory like everything else these days?

Idle speculation on my part of course!

Looks awesome.

3. Shinya says:

Some time ago Mr. Francis shared an earlier alpha (or pre-alpha?) build of the game on a certain online community, and while it seems to have come a way further now it was excellent even back then. More of this, please.

4. QualityJeverage says:

Having participated in a few of his test builds many months ago, I can say the game is quite splendid. If he is taking the Greenlight route, I hope it worms its way through quickly.

EDIT: Additionally, wow, the art has certainly improved since the build I last played. The indoor environments look massively better now. Excited!

5. kyrieee says:

This looks decidedly brilliant and better every time I see it. It’s honestly one of the few games I’m excited for.

6. Sinomatic says:

Yay Gunpoint! I’ve played a couple of builds of this along the way and it’s properly good. It’s one of those games where you can really decide the how of what you have to do, as there’s not necessarily any ‘right’ way to do a level, and one of the few games that I wouldn’t hesitate to pre-order, should the opportunity arise.

Looking a bit more polished from when I saw it last too, I believe.

On the steam point…was it greenlight he was talking about (as people seem to be indicating)? I got the impression, what with Valve approaching him, that it would be a straight to the storefront sort of deal (it should be!).

• Lambchops says:

Actually looking at the site (instead of speculating wildly as I did above!) it says it “is coming” to Steam, which to me suggests no messing around with Greenlight but it isn’t 100% clear.

7. buzzmong says:

“Projectile trousers”.

Sold.

8. The Sombrero Kid says:

Looks amazing, gonna preorder prolly.

9. greenbananas says:

Please let the wait for this not be as long as the wait for Monaco.

Also, don’t ever change that falling flat on your arse animation/sfx. Chuckle. Every. Time.

10. Gnoupi says:

Gunpoint. The game which I would so obviously have preordered that each time I’m surprised when I realize it hasn’t been for sale yet.

Dear Tom, I understand you don’t want the pressure of having people’s money while you finish your game. But please let us throw money at you anyway.

11. Milky1985 says:

When I saw about rewiring guns the first thing I thought of was luring a guard to a door i had wired the gun to and making him to try to shoot me, causing the door to whack him in the face :P

I WILL do this at some point in the game!

12. slerbal says:

Looks really great. I am totally getting this. Also the developer is a gent. :-)

Comment on this story