Was It Born Ready? Strike Suit Infinity Arrives April 30th

By Jim Rossignol on April 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

Enjoyed space-shooter Strike Suit Zero, did you? Well then, this news might excite or disappoint in equal measure: Born Ready Games send word that they’re bringing out another Strike Suit game, although this one’s a little simpler than you might have expected from a sequel, being a straightforward multiplier-driven score-chasing shoot ‘em up. Strike Suit Infinity “has been designed to provide endless challenge for competitive players through online leaderboards.” That’s the infinity part, I suppose. Not sure what that implies for the zero on the original game, though? Hmm.

Strike Suit Infinity is out on April 30th at a price of $7.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Crimsoneer says:

Actually rather enjoyed SSZ, I just need a new joystick. First piece of DLC should be arriving soon after this, as well as the mod tools and mac version. Wohoo!

• calibypolege says:

Blake. if you think Martin`s c0mment is amazing, I just purchased Citroën 2CV after I been earnin $4172 this last month and in excess of 10 grand this past munth. it’s by-far my favourite work I have ever done. I began this eight months/ago and pretty much straight away began to earn at least $70, per-hr. I use this great link wow65.com
      (Go to site and open “Home” for details)

2. SandmanXC says:

What happens if we divide it by the first one?..

3. Lemming says:

If this were 10 years ago, this would just be the multiplayer component to the main game, surely?

4. MyLongAccountName says:

I quite like this idea, splitting the single player and the multiplayer apart and sell them as two games at half price for each. This is from someone who never touch multiplayer (AKA getting-ass-kicked-by-random-Korean-kid) mode.

5. Phasma Felis says:

It says “multiplier-based”, not “multiplayer-based”, guys. It’s a single-player score-attack mode, thus the name: the enemy is infinite, you are doomed, and you’ve decided to spend the last minutes of your life racking up a braggable high score.

Not my cup of tea, but I suppose someone will enjoy it.

6. zal says:

I really just want the mod tools, so I can make the game I want instead of the game I bought (knowing full well it wasn’t what I wanted).

I just want to strip the strike suit right out, and make “Homeworld: Meet the Scout”
    You’ll just fly around in impossibly large fights, making little to no difference but blowing up what you can and just generally trying not to die.
    Also the climax will be when your whole wing is politely told to kamikaze, because high command has decided you’re best use is as debilitating shrapnel in some destroyers back end.

Can’t wait.

• BobbyDylan says:

That already sounds way better,

• matt925 says:

Yup I totally thought the stupid strike suit sucks big time. I think I could write a better story as well. Also it’s far too simple. I played it up untill the suit thing. WTF how is this game meant to be good? After playing evochron mercenary then going to this I went straight back to mercenary. Someone let me know if a developer releases something like that.

• PatrickSwayze says:

But the Difference is Evochron Mercenary is pure ass. Dreadfull combat, graphics, interface.

The gameplay in Strike Suit Zero is masterful. While you can perhaps handle a dogfight maybe the high level gameplay in the Strikesuit is perhaps too advanced for you? Some people obviously can’t handle that amount of power in a game. Some people prefer to be a cog over a lynch pin.

Comment on this story