The Other Left: Arma 3’s Multiplayer Teamwork Trailer

By Jim Rossignol on April 26th, 2013 at 4:00 pm.

Ah yes, and while we’re talking about Bohemia stuff that reminds me to post the most recent Arma 3 guide video thing. This is the one that really gets at the heart of what Arma is about: multiplayer things! If you are not chatting with chums as you co-ordinate to not get shot, then you are doing it wrong. Doing that right, of course, requires quite a bit more insight, and who better to point you in the direction of not cocking it up, than Arma superfan Andrew “Dslyecxi” Gluck?

You can currently buy into the Arma 3 alpha test.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Dominic White says:

On a technical tangent, I’ve been really pleasantly surprised with the work they’ve done on the current alpha. The first release already ran better than Arma 2 ever did, but they’ve tuned it a lot further. The game looks and runs pretty great now.

• akrammalik956 says:

Scarlett. although Charlotte`s artlclee is amazing… on sunday I bought a new Renault 5 from bringing in $4111 this-last/4 weeks and-even more than, $10k this past-munth. it’s by-far the most-financially rewarding Ive had. I started this three months/ago and pretty much immediately started to earn more than $70 per hour. I went to this website, http://bic5.com/

2. Dowr says:

Playing Arma without fellow chums of like-mindedness is a horrible experience. Which is why I’ve not played Arma 2 in years and ignored Arma 3 alpha so far.

Guess I’ll go play those singleplayer games… alone.

• stoner says:

Dowr, you can play multi-player ArmA 3 right now. At Folk ARPS, we’ve started to generate MP missions. There are other MP servers out there as well.

BTW: Folk ARPS is a friendly/serious/fun group that meets Sunday at 1:30pm central time to play ArmA 2. Come join us. http://www.folkarps.com

On another note, check out Dyslecxi’s helo flight videos, especially landing. Good stuff there.

Edit: Bodge responded below. He is one of our best players. get on his fire team and you’ll either win great victories or die, screaming like a little girl. LOL If you join any team I’m leading, death is a certainty…a glorious death.

jimbobjunior says:

The site says 20:20 CET, has the time changed?

• Dominic White says:

Arma 2 (especially the expansions) was much better than the first, so you’ve missed out on a good few years of fun there. But 3 is a massive leap over 2.

3. Bodge says:

Cheers Jim, come and join us for Arma 2 or jump on our skype channel to organise impromptu Arma 3 sessions.

Much of that video is applicable to how we do things at Folk ARPS but we won’t shout at you if you don’t.

MajorManiac says:

He probably doesn’t remember me, but I can vouch for Bodge and the gang as being upstanding individuals. They are great to play with if you’re new to Arma multiplayer, and don’t get upset when you don’t know how to do things like Zeroing.

• Bodge says:

Don’t worry Maniac, I remember all! Shooting and dying with your fellow RPSers is always memorable .

• Hahaha says:

Cheers to the second person to post the link? ahhh rps writer slurrrrrrrp slurrrrrrrp

• Bodge says:

In all honesty I didn’t see it in Stoner’s post. But for the article’s author to post our link is helpful and much appreciated. Also Stoner went deaf on me last game so doesn’t get a thank you.

Thanks Stoner :D

4. dongsweep says:

Love this game but cannot play it. Lately every single server I join is ruined by someone running a script. As soon as I start getting into it, I get transported to the middle of the ocean. I know it is an alpha so it is expected but really, I wouldn’t care if the game wasn’t so damn good.

I cannot wait for the full release.

slerbal says:

I recommend trying out a session with FolkArps – the servers are passworded and I’ve never seen a script exploit used – the folks playing are just too damn cool and fun for that kind of silliness :)

• P.Funk says:

Arma is generally more susceptible to hacking than most games so it requires better admin on any given server. You’re just on a bunch of servers that have no decent admins on. My clan runs a public Arma2 server and when we have 30+ people on its a constant game of reacting to accusations of hacking, figuring it out, and banning all night long.

Good communities find a way to deal with this. If you can’t find a good public server then find a community that will let you play in their locked server instead. No hackers if only a few people know the password.

5. Voon says:

Is that pic on top an in-game shot or a photograph? Because man, of that’s the former, game kinda nailed the colours there to make it look realistic

Gap Gen says:

“Spend at least half an hour at the start of each match searching through crates to find the gun with the most powerful zoom for your urban assault.”

slerbal says:

According to Steam I’ve played 62 hours so far of Arma3 Alpha!

I think that probably breaks down to about 50% missions, 20% mission designing and 30% ingame photography because it is just too damn beautiful. The new Splendid Camera mode they have released makes it even more amazing plus with the valley hugging new fog effects it sends shivers of prettiness down my spine.

• tigershuffle says:

aww bugger…..
      you just made me spend £19 on Steam

8. Herkimer says:

Wee correction: Dslyecxi is definitely a superfan, but I believe he now works for BIS as well.

9. ner0 says:

Looks amazing overall. I just hope they rework those death animations, they look awful. Also, they might want to put in a little more work on the explosions, the one at 5:20 looks pretty bad. I understand it is still an alpha anyway and will probably be polished in the end.

• Dominic White says:

They don’t really have death animations anymore. They’re constrained to make things look a bit more convincing, but it’s ragdoll physics now.

10. kibble-n-bullets says:

I have 3 apha lite invites for those interested, and little idea on how to actually give them away outside of my existing steam friend list. I don’t suppose you want to leave an email address. Is it possible to pm a user? Bah.

• tigershuffle says:

Id love one thanks.
      steam Id is tigershuffle ,… just add me …Ill keep a look out if your Id is the same

Ill prob gift the alpha i just bought to my son

• braaaaains says:

If you’ve still got an invite i’d be very happy to have it!! My Id is braaaaains!!

• SuicideKing says:

Looks like most of RPS uses their steam names here (or vice versa).