Cheap Drunk Games Are Alone In The Park

By Jim Rossignol on May 14th, 2013 at 8:00 am.

Songs related to games have a glorious history, with highs and wonders, and then some inexplicable singularities. I suspect the theme song for Cheap Drunk Games’ “weird” adventure game Alone In The Park might count as one of the latter, as you can experience below. It’s the best adventure-game ballad I am aware of, but I think there’s a good chance that Richard Cobbett knows a better one.

Let’s just see, shall we? Watch this one, I implore.

Alone In The Park gets a release on 15th of June.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. tossrStu says:

It’s good but it’s no Everyone’s A Wally, is it.

And I notice that Elite song was uploaded by erstwhile Kenickie Fried Chicken webmaster Bremstrahlung X Jones. Whatever happened to him, eh?

2. zain3000 says:

If Steven Wilson wrote a song about adventure games, this would be it.

• GameCat says:

For me it’s more like Akira Yamaoka music with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn to some sort of Silent Hill game which takes place inside a game. A game within a game.

3. tengblad says:

Well, I’ve no idea what this game is about but colour me intrigued.

4. Richard Cobbett says:

Aw, that’s really nice. There are a couple of songs about adventure games, like Brotherhood of Broken Hearts’ “Sierra Sudden Death Syndrome”, and plenty of songs *from* them, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2QZ8osW2Hg, but nothing that meta springs to mind.

5. Shadowcat says:

I’m glad you added the “implore”, as I wouldn’t have bothered otherwise — the rest of the description didn’t make it sound remotely as awesome as it actually is.

6. Nicodemus Rexx says:

That was awesome, only now it’s going to be virtually impossible to clear my pallet for the Metal I was getting ready to listen to.

Thanks Jim, both sincerely and sarcastically AT THE SAME TIME. :p

7. Gotem says:

I can’t believe no one has linked to this game song

8. oyog says:

I reinstalled Skyrim. I installed quite a few mods. I took the time to actually make sure they work and even spent an afternoon cleaning them with tes5edit. I started my second character, ever, and played for maybe an hour the other day.

I was looking forward to dedicating an evening to exploring Skyrim but after hearing that song it just seems pointless.

GREAT. THANKS, JIM!

9. Sivart13 says:

This is really shockingly great.

Comment on this story