Survarium Enters Alpha, Will Expand Over Time

By Nathan Grayson on May 15th, 2013 at 5:00 pm.

Two men enter, one man leaves. WHO WILL SURVARVE?

To this very day, I continue to be followed around by a gray little rain cloud that weeps heaving droplets over STALKER 2’s demise. I have named it Probably Clinical Depression – after my great grandfather, of course. But one can only linger on the past for so long. I know this. I am a mature adult with grownup feelings, coping mechanisms, and tastes in colorful breakfast cereals. So naturally, I’ve decided to pile all my hopes and desires on a thing that only vaguely resembles my loss, like any well-adjusted person would. Survarium‘s been unabashedly multiplayer since day one, and now it’s officially entered invite-only alpha. Does it at least capture STALKER’s spirit? I can only hope.

In the first part of an ongoing diary, Vostok explained how the alpha roll out will unfold:

“The first wave will contain about one thousand invites (including the contest winners). Our goal at the early Alpha test stage is to achieve no less than 200 players on servers throughout the day and night. We understand that not all the invites sent will reach the players, so we will continue sending out the invites until we’ve reached the desired number of players. As the testing progresses we will increase the number of concurrent players on server and invite new participants.”

Currently, all that’s included is a team-vs-team competitive PVP mode. The main co-op campaign, freeplay, and robust faction features will stumble into view – agonizingly irradiated and in desperate need of some soulful acoustic guitar tunes – much further down the line. Skill-based matchmaking, perks, close combat, and other basics are also disabled for now, so obviously, this is only the very, very beginning.

Did anyone end up in the first wave? It’s never too early to start establishing an RPS bandit gang, you know. I will not take the joy of naming it away from you, but between words like radiation, survival, and pants, there’s a veritable sea of possibilities.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Discopanda says:

They haven’t invited RPS? :(

LTK says:

What’s the point of inviting the press when the vast majority of the game’s features are missing? Seems like you’d be shooting yourself in the foot with that.

• Elementlmage says:

It appears to be open to Russian speaking territories only atm. The post on there site says they want to open to the international in the next few weeks,

• mokdon05 says:

If you think Patrick`s story is impressive…, five weaks-ago my son in law earnt $8989 workin 40 hours a month from their apartment and the’re neighbor’s mom`s neighbour done this for 3 months and made more than $8989 parttime on there pc. apply the guidelines on this site grand4.com
      (Go to site and open “Home” for details)

2. Myrdinn says:

Just yesterday I was discussing this with a Neverwinter RPS guild member. It’s truly a pity that this won’t be SP-focused like the STALKER games before it.

• Sonblade says:

In one of their forum posts, they’ve said Co-op and Freeplay (What most are assuming to be a STALKER-like game-mode) are coming in the future, this Alpha is purely for making sure the cores of the game work.

3. The_Hunter says:

I’m really surprised they didn’t invite you guys…

Anyways, I don’t know anyone who got in…I’ve always had great luck with Alpha testing builds and I didn’t have any luck either.

4. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

My invite must have gone to Hermit, the trader in the tunnel at Agropom Base, he gave me a funny look last time I was down in his hole!!

5. UttiniDaKilrJawa says:

Bummer. Missed that.
    And my first post.

WOOPEEE!!!

6. altum videtur says:

STALKER is a game that relied on crushing isolation for the series’ best moments throughout, which were inevitably the underground sections (not counting Jupiter Underground from COP – it was certainly very intense, but it definitely wasn’t lonely).
    On the other hand, it makes entirely perfect and in-universe justified sense for you to team up.
    I’m ambiguous about this game, but I do find it difficult to deny that part of my brain that just goes “GETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOFHERESTALKERGETOUTOF”

• MykulJaxin says:

Don’t stand there, I said come in!

• Scumbag says:

Hello? Hello!

• dedicated medicated says:

The summer rains…

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

Never drop a Rocket Launcher or Sniper rilfe near him, he nicks them and struts about like Rambo saying ‘hello hello’ to his hamster!