A Work Of Art: Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion Trailer

By Craig Pearson on May 17th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

That green gas is, well, hmm.
This morning I handed Jim Tangiers, a game of stealth with hints of Marcel Duchamp, William Burroughs, and J.G. Ballard. And what does he hand me back? Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion. A game about flatulent orcs. I can’t believe he’s impooned me in such a way. I should sewer him and his webshite, toot suite. I did not asscent to sulpher such an indignity, to be the butt of his joke. Well, the joke’s on him. Instead of poo poooing this, I took a look at it and ended up pumped.

It absolutely really is a game about an Orc army with destructive flatulence. It seems quite breezy, to be honest. It needed at least one thing to make me post it: a good use of methane. That moment happened in a co-op game, when one of the players wreathed the enemy in gas and another ignited it. It’s a bit like Magicka in that regard, though I suspect Magicka’s got this trumped. If there’s more the gas attacks than using them as an offensive weapon, say using your gas to power a boat or inflate a balloon, then it might be dimly cute.

You can make your opinion known over on Steam Greenlight.

Actually, the effect seems surprisingly dramatic. I’m impressed with the concussive force contained within the colons of the troops. It has quite an area of effect. That’s definitely an army that marches on its stomach.

, , .

1. Muzman says:

Aaand Google served up an ad for ‘constipation treatment’.
    Everyone’s a comedian.

2. Michael Fogg says:

This game will be a blast!!

3. SgtStens says:

It would appear he responded to your Marcel Duchamp with some Josef Pujol.

Le Petomane! Best thing to come out of France since, er, well……

4. DrZhark says:

Is it me or are you encouraging the RPS bad pun tradition?

strangeloup says:

It’s not as good as Downton Abbey with farts, though I do wonder what’s going on when I have seen two bumgas-related articles today and I am not 14.

Napalm Sushi says:

EMERGENCY
    CRITICAL PUN CONTAINMENT FAILURE ON SUBLEVEL 4
    SECURITY ALERT STATE INDIGO ALPHA DECLARED
    LOCKDOWN IS IN EFFECT

• cowardly says:

As soon as I saw the title (“Work of Art”? Now THAT is a pun), I could tell we were in for a high level security breach… A magnificent, yet redoutable flood of both horrendously obvious and mildly subtle puns.
      Form up, RPSers! We need to contain this, for the good of the world! No one must have wind of this! We need to keep it in!I know this situation smells, but we can make it!

7. DestructibleEnvironments says:

I’m going to be crazy here and say something that has never been said before in human history: Farting is not funny. It’s rather repulsive really.

• Otter says:

*Waits for the sound of the universe imploding*

• cowardly says:

But fart PUNS are!
      On the other hand, yes, I imagine the core mechanic of the game will be funny for some, and just fall flat on in face from a 100 metres high for others. And even for the first lot, I imagine the joke would get old rather quickly… Unless the game itself is worth it, which sounds plausible.

8. Reapy says:

Anybody notice the player names up top? I actually like the art style a lot, wouldn’t mind seeing it as a ‘srs business’ game, still I think my kids would like this hehe

9. cptgone says:

Marcel Duchamp turned a urinal into art by signing it. one might consider him an arty farty rebel troll.