Rezzed 2013 And The Leftfield Collection

By Jim Rossignol on May 28th, 2013 at 4:00 pm.

Rezzed 2013 is our PC and indie games event which is happening on 22nd and 23rd of June at the NEC in Birmingham, UK. Here’s why you should come along: You’ll be able to play a huge range of unreleased games, from Total War: Rome 2, to Sir, You Are Being Hunted, and hear from handsome industry luminaries such as Rangar Tornquist and Chris Avellone. You’ll also be able to get your hands on some of the best unreleased indie games on PC and mobile/tablet in what we cleverly call “The Leftfield Collection”. Curated by leading indie advocate David Hayward, the collection includes lusty indie hopefuls such as The Fullbright Company’s Gone Home, Abbey Games’s Reus, and Size Five’s Gun Monkeys.

A full list of Leftfield folk can be found below!

The full list of Leftfield Collection PC titles is as follows:

Reus – Abbey Games
Silhouette – Manikin Games
Sneaksneak – Frambosa
That Dragon, Cancer – Josh Larson
Trash TV – Lawrie Russell
Undercurrent – Balls Deep Productions

This year’s inaugural selection of mobile and tablet titles follows:

Helix – Michael Brough
Out There – Mi-Clos Studio
RYMDKAPSEL – grapefrukt games
Stickets – Harry Lee

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Creeping Death says:

So… how come something crappy like Trash TV gets to come back for a second year? I kinda thought if anything the leftfield collection was a place to showcase games you probably havent seen before so having things that have been shown before or are already out seems like it’s taking up a slot that could have gone to something else that needs the exposure more…

• Aterdux says:

They look at submitted games and select those they like or find approrpiate. And that’s probably not an easy thing to do with hundreds of submissions. It’s a pity our Legends of Eisenwald didn’t get selected but it’s understandable with so much competition.

• misterT0AST says:

Your generic excuses don’t quite answer the question. If you wanted to let us know that Legends of Eisenwald was refused, and make it seem like a lost opportunity compared to Trash Tv, I’d say after spending a few seconds on Google, mission accomplished.

• Aterdux says:

There will be always some unhappy people – with Greenlight, or with this selection. All I am trying to say that it’s very hard thing to accomplish – making a selection out of hundreds of entries. Seeing our game not selected does not make me happy despite the understanding, but tastes differ. And believe it or not, but on Greenlight I saw many games, some similar to TrashTV, and they did seem to be more popular than a game like ours.

2. Winged Nazgul says:

I suppose Rangar is Ragnar’s more vikingy brother?

3. Nathan_G says:

Super, super excited to be showing icefishing v at Rezzed. If you’re about please do come say hello :D

4. Halbarad says:

I’m very much looking forward to it. Would have come anyway but fortunate to get my hands on a press pass so I forsee lots of roaming and writing!

5. ColOfNature says:

I’d love to be able to go along, but I sing the Chant of a Poor Man. And of course I’ve Not Forgotten that my Backlog contains More Than I Know what to do with. Always nice to Check One or two Original Rhythm and Stealth games, though. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll all Open Up for Inspection by the web-going public soon enough.

(Yes, I Dusted off my CDs for this. It wasn’t worth it.)

6. The Pink Ninja says:

I am coming on Saturday! Hope it’s good.

Fontan says:

I’d surely be there if it wasn’t for the inconvenience of having the Atlantic between here and there.

8. Tusque D'Ivoire says:

Be sure to check out Sneaksneak by Frambosa!
    it’s a wonderfully brutal co-op sneak’n’run where two players help each other move through the levels in a ninjaly fashion. *get thrown* – *help up*

I played through the whole thing (early version) in one sitting at AMaze Festival in Berlin last month with a friend. the developer and another couple who completed it had gathered around us and cheered us on. wonderful experience, great co-op game!

The Sombrero Kid says:

whoever called themselves ‘Balls Deep Productions’ needs shot & then I can have their place :D