Zineth Dev’s Perfect Stride Is Tony Hawk Meets Tribes

By Nathan Grayson on May 29th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

Meets Tons Of Imagery That Is Very Confusing And Unsettling And Doesn't Make A Lot Of Sense And Just Watch The Trailer OK?

Remember Zineth? The insanely high-speed neo techno retro future Moon Grind Radio roller skate ultra-thing from Arcane Kids? Well, I should probably start with a long-overdue reminder that it’s super great. Go play it, if you haven’t already. Now then, onto today’s business: Zineth’s creators have extracted another game from their hypertronic abstractodelic megaminds, and it looks positively scrumptious. I want to devour it, except with all of my senses instead of just the one I keep chained up in my mouth. Basically, Perfect Stride is first-person skateboarding, except it has more in common with Tribes and Quake’s physics than Tony Hawk’s. Also, look at all that art and musics and mmmmmmmmmmyes.

Skating on the ceiling! And I’m pretty sure the ceiling is some kind of pulsating dance floor Easter Island Salvador Dali painting. And so is everywhere else. Here are the oh-so-enticing pieces that make it all tick:

“A first-person maximalist skater for PC & OSX. Literally a perfect game. State Of The Art computer graphics. Based on old school FPS movement exploits (Quake jumping, Tribes skiing, Counter-Strike surfing). The controls are hella hard and we like it that way so shut up.”

It’s actually playable right now, but only for a select few. If you funded the LA Game Space on Kickstarter, the limited release alpha’s all yours. If, however, you didn’t and still want to try it really, really badly, Arcane Kids hinted that there’s hope for you yet. Apparently we’ll have another opportunity to drop some coins into the Game Space’s machine in the near future.

Soooooo, is it the near future yet?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I’m sorry, but I cannot endorse the use of Comic Sans on architecture.

2. LennyLeonardo says:

Is me or is the trailer suggesting that this is an alternative-reality Tony Hawk’s coma dream?

3. BTAxis says:

Zineth was awesome, so this might be as well. I always thought Zineth was something unfinished that would be fleshed out later though. Guess not.

• DeVadder says:

I spent so many hours in Zineth. Sadly i had to check the internet before i could get to the moon :(
      I would buy this game even if it was nothing but a flaming baby skull yelling slurs, just because i had no way to pay anything for Zineth.

4. trankzen says:

I take it this is a follow up to Perfect Stride Continuum, the HL2 mod. I remember playing the first version of this and man, it was hard.

• EhsanKia says:

Wait, wait, wait. Was that made by this guy too? I loved both that mod and Zineth, and drew a lot of similarities back when I played Zineth, but it never came to my mind that it was made by the same guy! That was an amazing mod. Took a while to get used to, but once you had the hang of it, just flying around and doing tricks was so much fun. Really wished there was more content for that.

EDIT: Okay, so after looking into it, it’s actually the guy from Zineth and the guy from that mod (different guys) came together and made this.

5. BooleanBob says:

Apparently you play as The One Electronic?

6. SandmanXC says:

Great if you can’t afford acid!

7. sockdemon says:

Zineth was amazing! If this is half as good count me in!

8. RIDEBIRD says:

Cross of the most perfect game mechanics ever? Well I’m intrigued.

9. tomeoftom says:

This looks PERFECT and why did no-one TELL ME I could buy the DAMN THING oh god the MUSIC and of course this CAME FROM LA

10. Scone says:

Unless I’ve missed something, the alpha’s not out yet for backers either. I think the games are all to ship together and some are still being finished :3

Comment on this story