Eve Online’s Odyssey Is A Bit 2001

By Jim Rossignol on June 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 am.

Tomorrow sees the arrival of the latest Eve Online update, called Odyssey (still down due to DDoS at the time of writing). There are some big changes in the expansion, including changes to scanning, exploration, and storyline missions. It will also rebalance the availability of ice, which will cause miners some grief, and allows limited dual character training, which will make everyone happy.

They’ve taken an interesting approach with the features video, which you can see below.

Thanks, Gamespot! I am only thanking Gamespot because CCP disabled embedding on their own video. Why? Why.

, .

1. Hunchback says:

This is one of the best EVE trailers ever! Like totally, lolo :D
    +100 points for not taking themselves too seriously this time around.

On a side note: why won’t they close that damn game already? Every time i see some more news, trailers and info about i get this extreme urge to get back to playing it… Only i can’t anymore, so i end up slightly sad and irked.

*sigh*

• plugmonkey says:

If Eve had been around when I was 14, I would have loved it. As it is I plan to really get into it once I’m retired and all my friends are dead.

• Premium User Badge Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

I can offer reasonable rates. Not my own, of course, I don’t do my own “work”, but my man Smiggs the gardener can be remarkably discreet.

• Arglebargle says:

I genuflect thrice in your general direction. You, sir, are a gem. In this instance, perhaps, a blood red ruby?

2. Bob_Bobson says:

For those who want a perfectly butchered version of that theme do check out 2001 Sprach Kazoostra, a true classic.

• zachforrest says:

Shaun Keaveny uses a particularly good version on his 6music show, normally when talking to Brian Cox

• Premium User Badge phuzz says:

Something tells me there’s probably quite an overlap between RPS readers and 6Music listeners.

• RC-1290'Dreadnought' says:

It sounds a bit like Portsmouth Sinfonia’s take on ‘Also Sprach Zarathustra’. Professional musicians, playing instruments they never played before.

3. Didden says:

The thing that made me laugh was they bleeped one expletive, just follow up with a good dose of HTFU :) Look forward to playing with the new features.

4. BooleanBob says:

Now I have nostalgia for opening font files while poking around C:\WINDOWS circa 1996. Thanks, the internet, for proving there’s always a first time for everything.

5. John Connor says:

Is this the update all the ice miners are DDOSing CCP over?

6. Sardonic says:

I really really hope that Stellar Shadows remix in the background is the new login screen music. As somebody who started in 2004, it brings back a lot of memories.

7. boboclo123 says:

Hey, if anyone wants a free buddy key for a 21 day trial to the new expansion just follow this link!