Fishing Hell: Lake Of Roaches

By Adam Smith on June 4th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

A Tuesday morning isn’t the best time to play the latest game that has emerged from the bone-dry laughter-well that passes for thecatamites’ internet tube. It doesn’t matter though because the perfect time to play is thirteen o’clock in the morning on the day after whenever, and you’ll be asleep then. My advice? Download Lake of Roaches immediately and if you happen to be at work, invite everyone to gather round and watch your screen. They’ll be entranced by the tale of static, vacations, insects fishing and humaning. The basic beats of the story would be intended to frighten if thecatamites didn’t confuse and corrupt them, flickering between the comic, the creepy and the cartoon. A playthrough will only take five minutes but the environment and story are dense enough to reward a replay.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Policentric says:

Too bad my SysAdmin at work blocked all Unity programs. :( Who the hell blocks Unity in a company where 99% of people have no clue how to play PC games or do anything apart from checking mail and news?

…sad panda…

2. JackShandy says:

I accidentally walked short guy off the edge of the world. Tall guy had to complete the adventure alone.

Edit: I love thecatamites, but I’m not sure what to do with this game. Laugh? “Bone-dry laughter well” suggests not.

• laiwm says:

It feels like a not-very-funny newspaper comic strip, fed through thecatamites-filter. I enjoyed it but I feel like I’m missing the joke?

3. Ross Angus says:

Rating: “Comical Shenanigans”. Not my words.

4. Spacewalk says:

I love the noise in this, sounds like a motorcycle revving and then a radio and an alarm clock falling down a flight of stairs.

5. elilupe says:

What the Jesus did I just play?

cpt_freakout says:

I got two of the most neurotic endings I’ve ever had in videogames: [SPOILER??] the guys are consumed by roaches at the bottom of the lake, made of roaches; the guys are turned into roaches by a ROACH KING that casts a spell and the program aborts automatically. GOOD STUFF