Five Seconds Of Promotion For Deus Ex: The Fall

By Alec Meer on June 4th, 2013 at 10:00 am.

Oh my God JC, another recycled screenshot
UPDATE: STAND DOWN. It’s an eye-tablet game. Sighs!

Oh, video game marketing, you are the worst of all the marketings. Five seconds! What a shame. Most of said five second teaser trailer is a logo. The rest of which is a voice – is that Bob Page or do my ears deceive me? – saying “are we ready to begin?” Oh, I’ve spoiled it now. Yes, much internal RPS grumpiness about the paucity of this teaser trailer for what appears to be a new Deus Ex game, subtitled The Fall. Some claimed we shouldn’t post it all. Others claimed we should fill the internets with rabid speculation. Then there was me, just trying to fill a bit of space before posting the video.

I do so hate to march to the beat of someone’s marketing drum, but a new Deus Ex game is big enough news round these parts that it overwhelms my antipathy towards trailer-for-a-trailer nonsense. Speaking of which:

A smattering of new Square Enix domain registrations for DeusExTheFall preceded this, and it appears to be distinct from the movie-related ‘Human Defiance’ registrations a few months back. Hopefully it does point to an honest-to-God new Deus Ex game, but some worry it’s related to bonus content for the upcoming Weeoo enhanced edition of Human Revolution. Not sure this level of crypticness and teasability would be applied to a known port of an old game though, but I’ve been known to be wrong in the past, like when I used to believe that dogs could look up.

Anyway, I suppose we’ve all been successfully promoted at, and it’ll happen again tomorrow, on which we’re promised a more fulsome reveal of whatever The Fall is. And is that Deus Ex 1 Big Bad Bob Page lending his voice to the single line in the video, or am I being too presumptuous?

And – Human Revolution spoilers here so stop reading if you didn’t finish it – could The Fall pick up on the post-credits tease of the links between Adam Jensen and JC Denton? I suspect Squeenix risk painting themselves into a corner if they try to squeeze too much into the chronological gap between the two game’s stories, but then revisionism seems to be part and parcel of populist science fiction franchises these days.

Very Important Update: BOLLOCKS. I missed the opportunity to make Mark E. Smith gags. I’m disgusted with myself. I’ll just do this instead.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. MuscleHorse says:

I’m going to be very disappointed if the player character isn’t Mark E. Denton.

Yeah, yeah, industrial estate.

• int says:

I’d love to play as Harvey Denton, toad breeder.

• BooleanBob says:

Sign me up for a playthrough as Harvey Birdman, attorney at law.

• scatterlogical says:

I’ll play as Ace Ventura, Pet Detective.
          It’d be great to crawl out of the ass of a cyber-rhino, naked, except for my prosthetic enhancements glistening in the hot savannah sun. Or something.

• MuscleHorse says:

Yes Alec, YOU missed the opportunity.

*folds arms*

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

The Fall sounds a wonderful and frightening world to explore, will JC Denton be the nations saving grace, will the anti aug brigade be holding witch trials from which we have to extricate him? Will JC short circuit and fall in a hole? Questions questions Mr Deckard??

particlese says:

I’m personally hoping for an augmented Autumnal explore-em-up through the New England countryside.

• Arcadia says:

I was so going to post that. Stop stealing my ideas good Sir!

• Wizlah says:

It was the fault of the government (ah). Adam and JC were very disappointed.

Colonel J says:

what a shame-ah

• aDemandingPersona says:

I was hoping for a little Mark E. Mark….

2. ShEsHy says:

If it’s in any way related to HR, and it doesn’t retcon it’s 3 button ending, then it can fuck off.

FunnyB says:

What about the fourth ending?

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

• realitysconcierge says:

Man 3 button ending sounds so familiar… I swear I played another sci fi RPG that had a three button ending… HMMMM.

In all honesty, Deus’s ending went over way better for me.

• HadToLogin says:

Well, that’s how first Deus Ex ended. Just with a bit more walking to each button…

Morph says:

I liked the 3/4 button ending. Imagine the whole game was an argument about the pros and cons of post humanism and then at the end it was asking what your conclusion was.

• woodsey says:

No need to imagine, that’s exactly what the game is. That’s why the fourth option lets you abstain from the argument.

• fitzroy_doll says:

Yes, at least the buttons were the conclusion to the discussion that had been going on for the entire game, rather than sprung from nowhere like in some games.

• TechnicalBen says:

This! A million times this.
            People did not complain about “some games” ending being rubbish because it was 3 buttons, short or not “happy”. It was because it was bat turd insane and nonsensical as well as a real Dues Ex Machina in a game that you thought you had agency. At least in DX:HR (or the origional), the clue is in the name as to the ending. :D

• kament says:

Well, to be perfectly honest you could recall an argument going on in some games about control vs. destroy. Keep up, people. Some games were quite heavy with this stuff. Granted, third button was kinda unexpected, but definitely not “insane and nonsensical”.

• fitzroy_doll says:

The difference is that in DXHR, there were sympathetic characters for each of the different viewpoints, making none of them the “good” choice, whereas in ME3, control vs destroy was always pitched as a choice between evil and good, with a third option never previously mentioned. If you kept up with DXHR, you could arrive at the end having already made up your mind about this world.

• kament says:

I think that characters associated with certain PoV were sympathetic—and I use the word loosely—in both games. Yes, I agree that some characters present their case more strongly, but again, it’s true for both games. I personally dislike Taggart’s luddism and prefer Sarif’s take on things*, but someone might find his position more preferable to alternative.

In fact, TIM is more convincing in my books, than Darrow and Taggart combined. Probably because he’s been around way much longer, simple as that. And I think it’s precisely why ME3 ending turned into a bigger debacle.

As for the third option… well, “merge” ending in the Deus Ex was like that (in fact, all the options were), and I quite liked it. Actually, I don’t think that finale *must* be heralded in advance. Do you?

*(I mostly ignore Darrow, he’s just too late, and more importantly, not quite sure himself and can be dissuaded. Not to mention that he’s the reason of the whole mess.)

• HadToLogin says:

@fitzroy_doll: What’s that third option never mentioned? Was that Shepard’s “destroy”, Illusive’s “Control” or Saren’s (you know, that dude from ME1) “symbiosis” that came out of nowhere?
            Unless you talk about “I’m suicidal and hate everyone, so I want you to kill them all” extended cut ending, but that’s fourth option…
            Ending in ME3 was bad. Really bad. But that one point, with giving those three choices, wasn’t broken and had roots in canon. What was broken was complete makeover of Shepard’s mind – someone who lived to kill Reapers, who showed flaws in both Saren and TIM ideas now is more than happy to do what they wanted…

• fitzroy_doll says:

No, I don’t think it has to be heralded, but it should make sense in context – especially if it’s the wrap-up for 3 games and a whole universe. I like to see endings as the highest point in a ramp that the player’s been working up the rest of the game(s). Not a lift shaft that opens from nowhere. That’s what the symbiosis ending (clearly telegraphed as the “best” ending, which is itself a problem), felt like to me – no context from the rest of the games, just here’s this idea. Even in THE Deus Ex, the player knew about the existence of AI intelligence, etc, so the idea of merging with one seemed less surprising. Even the TIM ending (control), seemed to go against everything the player had been told before – it would have been good for there to be some doubt from other sources. The merits of the content in the choices themselves have been discussed to death and there’s no point in going over it all again here. Progression, context, foreshadowing, and meaningful embedding in the story as a whole, these are things I like in an ending.

• kament says:

I agree that endings should be consistent with the overall context and, ideally, sum up player’s actions*. All I was saying is that there is an argument, however biased and skewed, in ME3 about at least two of the options. In fact, that argument begins in the end of ME2, where player solves similar dilemma. So I dunno; seems to me control and destroy options are overshadowed all right.

As for the synthesis, I think it’s a “surprise” option for a reason, namely Crucible. “The question is, how will it dispense the energy and in what form.” It’s heavily implied throughout the game that no one knows what exactly will happen upon activation of the plot device. So something unexpected should be, well, expected.

And yeah, it’s overshadowed that “the Reapers are only servants of the pattern”, so that lift shaft opens not all that out of nowhere. All in all, ME3 and HR endings are roughly the same quality, which is exactly my original point. That’s not to say they are perfect, they are both flawed in their own way, but that’s a whole different story.

*And, honestly, ME, or ME2, or DX, or HR didn’t care for the player’s actions in this regard, whereas ME3 actually accounts for them with its bad/not so bad/good flavoured endings.

• Zekiel says:

It sort of is how the first DE ended, but the fact that you actually had to do something relatively meaningful in order to activate each ‘button’ made it a hell of a lot more satisfying.

• Ultra Superior says:

youuuuuu fukkki offf

Crimsoneer says:

I think it’s Bob Page actually…famous voice from Deus Ex intro.

I’m really, really hoping this adds the non-lethal boss options from the WiiU version. You know, those fixes they specifically said wouldn’t be coming to any other platforms for some god-forsaken reason.

• Runs With Foxes says:

Pretty sure that’s who he meant, he just had the names confused.

• Alec Meer says:

Sorry, yes, that is who I meant. I have had no sleep.

• realitysconcierge says:

No! You need your sleep Alec!!! Your illustrious beauty may suffer for it!!!! More sleep now!

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

Sleep is an institution of youth, one sucessful emptying of the bags will see a responsible man forego such activity!

RedViv says:

Aye, sounds like Bob Page.

• Scumbag says:

First thought when I heard that “Bob Page”

FunnyB says:

I always thought it was interesting that the guy who voiced Walton Simons from Deus Ex voiced an unknown scientist in the intro for Deus Ex:Invisible War, and I don’t even think that character was featured in game….

• viverravid says:

That was Tom Hall (he who created the Commander Keen character and the game Anachronox), and that scientist he voices is featured in game. He’s featured on holocomm in the very first chapter when your Tarsus academy gets attacked, and he shows up later in another lab you infiltrate.

(Yes that means I’ve played DX:IW several times. I think it is better at catering to multiple playstyles than the original – no useless augs. So there).

• HadToLogin says:

DEIW isn’t a bad game. But it was so much worse than DE…

• BooleanBob says:

I would have enjoyed DE2 more if it wasn’t for the

PLEASE WAIT… LOADING…

constant interruptions.

• thegooseking says:

I can’t really fault it for loading screens. Very few games had level streaming back then. But asking if you wanted to load the next level was a bridge too far.

hexapodium says:

It’s not the fact that it’s not streaming levels that bugs me, it’s the fact that the levels themselves are the size of a shoebox due to console memory limits. They did a pretty good job cramming that much geometry, props and AI into the original Xbox’s paltry 256MB, but at a time when most desktop PCs were already on 1GB or better, it just made things feel boxed-in and low-budget.

Compare that to original Deus Ex, which was pushing the capabilities of high-end PCs at release, and not just because it was a first-gen Unreal engine game. When they did the console port, the chopped up expansive levels and added loading zones, rather than just dumping console-sized levels into PCs with much higher spec.

FunnyB says:

Really? That was Tom Hall?

And was that character even named? I remember speculation that he was a clone of Simons, since he had the same voice, but I don’t think there was any evidence of it.

• Runs With Foxes says:

Just a little thing for fans. It backfired though. There was a lot of speculation that it was a Simons clone and then subsequent disappointment and anger that it wasn’t.

• Ross Angus says:

I’ve played through it thrice too. No shame.

4. Snids says:

I preferred the Victorian approach of full page text newspaper advertisements and printed handbills.

5. Tyrone Slothrop. says:

Are we ready to begin?

No, within six months.

More seriously, Human Revolution stands alongside the original for me as one of the best games ever made, I hope this trailer signifies a robustly next-generation Deus Ex rather than transmedia spin-off bullshit.

• Ultra Superior says:

Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly. HR was a godsend. Now send us more, dear invented god!

6. Teovald says:

I don’t know if I must get excited by another Deus Ex game or not.. HR was underwhelming compared to the original but had a good realization.

• Ultra Superior says:

Wee wee mommy mommy HW was undewwuelming wee.

• Runs With Foxes says:

I’ll see if I can push your weird reaction further.

HR was a stain on the original’s name. It owes everything vaguely decent about it to the original, and messed up everything else. It’s a shallow, boring, pale imitation.

• Grygus says:

Man I’m glad that I’m too stupid to go through life unable to enjoy anything except the sound of my own contempt.

7. kael13 says:

If a new game; give it to me. Like, right now.

8. IshtarGate says:

ANOTHER RECYCLED SCREENSHOT.

GET OUTTA THERE.

9. PsychoWedge says:

Eidos are like marketing geniuses. I’ve never seen anything like it! And I wish it had stayed that way…

10. Velko says:

What, dogs can’t look up?!

• analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

The neck is functionally redundant in 99.99% of the K9 species, regressive genes and all that…….

• thegooseking says:

It’s a reference to Shaun of the Dead, which in turn is a reference to some behind-the-scenes trivia from Spaced. Apparently there was one scene were Daisy was trying to get Colin’s attention, when the dog was in the garden. Since Jessica Stevenson was not on the ground floor and Aida the dog didn’t look at her, they concluded that dogs can’t look up.

11. Jenuall says:

“I must admit I have been somewhat disappointed in the progress of our advertising campaign”

Technically you could make a case for Ol’ Bobby Page being the big bad in Human Revolution as well, just from behind the scenes.

I am looking forward to a new installment, hopefully if it is destined for the next gen consoles it means we might actually get a few more expansive environments this time.

Rublore says:

The secondary advertising campaign should be online soon. It’s currently undergoing preparations and should be operational within six months.

• Skabooga says:

The advertising, it’s intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

DrollRemark says:

Why contain it? Let the adverts spill over to youtube and the flash pop-ups. Let them pile up on the sites. In the end, they’ll beg us to release it.

12. Megakoresh says:

Oh, you.jpeg

13. Astartes says:

Hopefully they’ll fix the balance and make stealth more difficult.

14. skyturnedred says:

Guess I should hurry up and finish HR soon. Recently restarted, since I got stuck on the second boss on my first playthrough. Hopefully my character is better built for that encounter this time.

• Xocrates says:

1. Get Typhoon
      2. Two-shot every boss in the game
      3. Pretend the game doesn’t actually have bosses
      4. …
      5. Profit.

Bluerps says:

If you don’t want to get the Typhoon, there are other tactics that also work well. I got good results from just throwing explosive mines (which I collected before the fight, just for that purpose) at the feet of the bosses, right after the cutscene at the begin of the fight. The first explosion stunned them for a moment, and in that time I could throw all the other mines I had, which obliterated them. This approach only didn’t work on the final boss.

• jonahcutter says:

I just hid behind pillars, nade spammed him, and blasted him relentlessly with an upgraded revolver. Worked like a charm the first time through.

15. 1Life0Continues says:

I’m still yet to play through DX:HR because I like and prefer to play non-lethal ghost, and put all my points into things that help me do that. So boss fights for me were basically a giant fist punching me in the face because I made a conscious choice not to be a murderous prick, and now I was forced to be a murderous prick. The first one wasn’t too bad, but the second one eats big fecal matter and I ragequit hard after that. Those fights literally punished you for choosing a nonlethal play style and I flat out cannot continue playing. Sure, I could adjust my ideas and put points into the “i win” button (Typhoon), but why should I? Why allow stealth when it’s actually a detriment at certain points in the game?

If they fix this, cool. If not, bad Squeenix, no cookie.

16. Theory says:

Presumably this is something to do with how the world collapsed into near-anarchy in time for the start of Deus Ex 1.

Edit: AND IN THE GAME.

• thegooseking says:

In the Deus Ex universe, doesn’t The Fall refer to what happened between the original and Invisible War?

Or was that The Collapse?

Cinek says:

I’d be delighted by an expansion pack for DXHR with several new quests, perhaps also a city hub.

18. Crosmando says:

What made original DX good was the fact that it was (mostly) a genre work, and borrowed heavily from science-fiction/cyberpunk tropes. The funny voice-acting and over-the-top narrative made it what it was.

DXHR on the other hand had voice-acting that sound like it came straight from an episode of 24 or some other “slick” American drama tv series. Everything about it took itself too seriously, the voice-acting tried so hard to be “serious business” that it came off as bland and banal. What was cool about DX was the brevity and pulp of the setting. DXHR was just try-hard “realism” by not using traditional dark sci-fi and instead making the prequel an extension of existing contemporary technologies.

DXHR was so obviously designed to appeal to mainstream audience who might be unfamiliar with cyberpunk or find it uncomfortable. Same audience who find modern military shooters safe and familiar, and don’t want to get too far outside that.

Eidos Montreal do not understand DX, and never have.

• CrispinFister says:

DE:HR (Ex starts with an E) was one of the worst games of that period that was filled with awful tripe that looked like it came out in 2003 and that was aimed at the lowest common denominator. It was a real shame but let’s be honest, what fans of the original seriously expected it to be good? Not me, not any of the people I know who regard the original as being one of the best games of all time. I only made it about ten minutes in before the cringing became too much.

These reboots just reminds me of the Star Trek remakes, take something people love that is kind of nerdy and aim it at 14 year old girls who think spelling is something that wizards do. Personally, I blame Joss Whedon for dumbing everything down to basically a soap opera for teenage girls. Fuck that guy/

• Ross Angus says:

Really?

Cinek says:

DE:HR – noone knows what you are talking about. DXHR – everyone know what’s up. See the difference?

• woodsey says:

“I only made it about ten minutes in before the cringing became too much.”

Uh, do you mean to say that you’re full of shit, then? “This 30 hour game is an insult to the intelligence and I know that because I stopped playing before the prologue was over.”

And as someone who thinks DX is Ze Greatest, I liked it very much. Loved it, even.

• montorsi says:

Agreed. I have played a metric fuckton of the original Deus Ex and I found Human Revolution to be a worthy successor. Perhaps not as mind-blowing as DX was in its day but still quite a good game that was well worth the full price I paid for it. And then some.

• greenbananas says:

I liked the game, thought it did really well within what was reasonable to expect from a recent title and I too rage-quit after 20 minutes of being led through corridors, watching a first person (non) interactive movie and not being allowed to control my fucking character without being interrupted by cutscenes every 3 steps. I only gave the game another go when a friend of trustworthy taste told me to grin and bear it because it *really* got better later. Not soon enough for me, probably a lot of others.

Let’s not pretend that the opening half hour of the game doesn’t play like every other annoying console shooter.

• kament says:

Worst. Game. Of. That. Period?

I’m pretty sure you don’t believe it yourself. Not sure what caused this outburst of yours, but clearly it has very little to do with the game itself. Because you didn’t even play it, for starters.

I know there really are fans of the original game out there, who loathe the prequel; a friend of mine is like that, and funny thing—he didn’t get very far into the game either. And fair enough. I personally, being a fan of the original Deus Ex myself, was somewhat disappointed by the lack of swimming, but that’s about it (infamous boss fights go without saying, of course). And it certainly was better than I expected. Much better. Not the same, but it was better for it, vastly improving city hubs, dialogue, combat, you name it.

Maybe some people are just too busy trying to step into the same river for the second time.

• jonahcutter says:

It wasn’t a reboot.

• JackShandy says:

I believe that the original is the better game too. I think you’re ridiculous for holding the voice acting up as evidence of that. Jensen’s gruff voice was a perfect modern take on the J.C.Denton growl, less ridiculous but still perfect fodder for plenty of unintentional jokes.

Cinek says:

• povu says:

And HR didn’t have the terrible chinese and french voice acting from the original game.

And I don’t think they made it bad on purpose.

• ResonanceCascade says:

Aye, the original is better, and definitely has a lot more of the convoluted emergent stuff. But Human Revolution, despite many flaws, still absolutely rocks. Very good game.

• jonahcutter says:

The actor kind of sounds like that, I think. He sounds like the same guy in the wheelchair in I Am Alive. Same raspy voice, though not so played up to Clint Eastwood levels as it is in DXHR.

It’s definitely over the top. But also lends it some almost corny, genre charm. It’s an instance where it’s hard to imagine Adam Jensen sounding any different now.

• The Godzilla Hunter says:

@Crispen and Crosmando

Really, I mean DX:HR (I can’t spell it right, ‘cus I am a 14 year old girl and not a wizard) was so incredibly terrible and dumbed down. It was one of the worst games from the period. Compared to the other games like battlefield, COD, farmville and other such masterpieces of complexity it is clear that the creators were just trying to cash in on sheeple (that’s the correct usage of the term, right?) Multiple pathways through a level?!?! Seriously only idiots would ever want not to just shoot things like the majority of the other games from the period.

I applaud what you say about the voice acting but really, all of the production values were too high. I mean, the character faces had more than 10 polygons. That is a serious immersion breaker.

And really, what the heck is with the whole technology in DX:HR only being extensions of existing technology? Cyberpunk is all about technologies that we humans would have no chance of creating within a thousand years – not about the potential dangers and problems that our current technology and social trends could bring about in the near future. Fun fact: computers had not been invented when William Gibson wrote Neuromancer. DX:HR should have really used more cyberpunk tropes, including, but not limited to: cybernetics, AI’s, Trans-humanism, mega corporations, hackers, mega cities, a large lower class, Asian superpower nations, crime and nano-technology.

• cjlr says:

Whoah.

Don’t you DARE insult the voice acting in DX:HR!

… my uncle is one of those actors, you see.

19. Codor says:

I find it hard to see how this could be anything but a sequel about MJ12 taking over from the Illuminati and their fall, setting up the events of the original. This is a very good thing imho.

• woodsey says:

ELIZA describes the end of Human Revolution as the ‘fulcrum point’, so I would presume The Fall refers to society finally tipping over into the mess it’s in in the original game.

20. Fox89 says:

Please be a new game please be a new game please be a new game.

DX:HR, like the original Deus Ex, was a masterpiece in my books. I will be so very, very happy with more. By the way Alec, you referred to the ‘move related trademarks of Human Defiance’. Human Defiance was that April Fools 8-bit thing they did, was it not?

Can’t wait for tomorrow. If this turns out to not be a new game after this I will be pretty disappointed.

21. Zekiel says:

I read Alec’s introduction. I understood it. Then I watched the trailer and was for some reason surprised that it was 5 seconds long and only consisted of a logo and someone saying “shall we begin”.

Sometimes I don’t understand myself.

22. DickSocrates says:

The only thing confirmed is that the horrible orange colour filter will return.

• Sparkasaurusmex says:

I guarantee you they will not be outsourcing boss fights

Ninja Dodo says:

I would be perfectly happy with this just being a PC version of the improvements they announced for the WiiU: integrating Missing Link, more flexible boss battles, etc. A new game would be good too though.

24. Totally heterosexual says:

Im kinda sad that the artstyle seems to be going with HR’s colours and themes again. HR looked fucking great and all, but I kinda wish they would do a different look of some sort. You had blue and orange already, make it purple or something.

But yeah, 5 seconds. Woof.

• Post-Internet Syndrome says:

Wasn’t invisible war kinda purple? Maybe go for green this time.

• Jac says:

It’s not gold its ORRRRANGE! Next: lemon lime.

• Totally heterosexual says:

Oh. I never played that and from what I saw it was just blue like the original.

Green it is!

25. thegooseking says:

Reply fail, and totally not my fault this time.

26. GallonOfAlan says:

Your Future Our Clutter

27. povu says:

Bob Page (only Deus Ex can get away with calling its main villain ‘bob’) didn’t play much of a role in Human Revolution, his dealings were mostly in the background. Hopefully we’ll see him play a bigger role this time.

Maybe this will be ‘the fall’ after the revolution, just before mechanical augs become obsolete with the upcoming nanoaugmentations. Further bridging the gap between HR and the original would be good.

28. necrosis says:

May 6th? A little late aren’t we?

29. Incompleteness says:

I wouldn’t mind holding off the march for a few months until it gets a little louder then 5 seconds of voice-over. We could just pretend we didn’t hear the first drumstrike because it was too soft.

30. jonahcutter says:

I really like the game, but the ending fell flat. I felt like I was a bus driver making sure to hit all the different philosophical argument bus stops to remind me of the options, before trundling off to make my big choice. I have to give it points for trying very hard, but the ending just lacked impact somehow.

And the final act zombies were bad.

And that to maximize xp you had to crawl through all the conveniently man-sized air-ducts in a base or building.

And that high security bases and buildings had conveniently man-sized air-ducts.

And the one-button take downs.

And…

The game had its share of flaws. But it’s still manages to be one of my favorite games of recent memory. I’m a sucker for cyberpunk and conspiracy settings. The conversation battles were fun and something I don’t remember seeing before. And while not always successful, the writing could be very good at times. It at least was attempting to deal with complicated themes.

And it had a hacking mini-game I actually enjoyed.

31. Spakkenkhrist says:

I am a PC gamer and I want to complain about something.

Am I doing this right guys?

• Spakkenkhrist says:

Oh I’ve got one!

No toggle button for sunglasses=no sale! Sort it out $quare £nix

32. nindustrial says:

Ok, but dogs CAN look up!

33. buzzmong says:

Tbh, if they can make the quick bar work like it did in the original game (no idea how they managed to “include” it yet manage to destroy its functionality in HR), make sure there’s no boss fights, and completely strip out all the XP rewards for actions and just reward it for progress (and secret hunting) so as to not force people into one playstyle, then it might be on more solid ground.

HR was a decent game in it’s own right, certainly worthy of being part of the franchise, but some of the actual game mechanics were rubbish.

34. ILR says:

Ok, so we have Deus Ex: The Fall and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag coming up. I expect an announcement for Uncharted: Mission of Burma at E3 next week.

35. zin33 says:

is it bad that i was excited by that trailer?

Vesuvius says:

aaaaand……. it turns out this is a game for tablets.