Knights Of Pen & Paper + 1 Edition Trailer Is Funny

By John Walker on June 6th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

There’s a fun new trailer for Knights Of Pen & Paper’s +1 Edition. Sadly it’s an attempt to get you to pointlessly pre-order the game, that’s due out on the 19th. Don’t do that. Wait until you’ve heard if it’s worth buying or not. But do enjoy the enjoyable trailer, to help you decide if you’re interested.

The original version of the game was for devices that you can “hold in your hand”, or something equally ludicrous. I can hold my PC in both arms, but it’s hard to keep the monitor between my teeth. Moveable gaming devices are not to be trusted. Thankfully Paradox are publishing this +1 edition for our stationary devices. Here’s the trailer:

Adam’s had a play of it, and seemed to rather enjoy it. It’s going to be around £8. There’s also a Digital Deluxe version for a tenner which has extra stuff in it. I’ve been your games journalist for the evening.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. LionsPhil says:

Well, that’s the most annoying trailer voiceover I’ve heard for a while.

2. engion3 says:

I randomly found this game on my phone a month ago and enjoyed the demo so bought it. The gameplay is alright. I think the concept/setting is pretty neat though.

3. Uthred says:

Seems odd that theres no incentive offered for pre-ordering

jjman says:

From the Paradox Store there’s this: Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Pre-Order Bonus Content

No details though.

4. Nick says:

IT crowd pinball!

5. pertusaria says:

I find this moderately enjoyable in small snatches, a bit like popcorn. I don’t think I would get a PC version, as I can’t see sitting down and playing it for any longer than half an hour, max. Some people don’t have smart phones, I know, but I feel there are better games out there on PC unless they are changing this quite a bit.

6. Koozer says:

That trailer was funnier than the entire game.

What was that? I’m not bitter!

golem09 says:

Haven’t been following this a lot. Is there any word on a tablet version using the horizontal widescreen mode from the pc?
    Using that phone version on a 10″ screen isn’t that nice.

8. Choca says:

It’s a somewhat fun way to kill five minutes on your phone when you do not have anything better to do but it’s way too grindy, repetitive and shallow to succeed on PC I think.