400 Days Of Glummer: Walking Dead Season 1 DLC

By Adam Smith on June 11th, 2013 at 3:00 pm.

The last time we saw The Walking Dead it was lying in a pool of blood, waiting to rise again as some sort of brain-hungry second season. The bastard game hadn’t so much jerked the tears from my eyes as attached wild horses to the ducts and had the muscular beasts run toward the horizon for a couple of hours. It’s still not clear precisely how the two seasons will be connected but the announcement of 400 Days, a new episode that will act as a bridge between the two seasons, will surely provide some answers. That’s what bridges do. There are probably some clues in the trailer below, which contains at least one character who has appeared previously.

Destructoid note that the episode will be broken down into five short stories, each focusing on a different character and focused around the truck stop seen in the trailer. Decisions made in season one will have an influence on proceedings and what happens here may have an impact in season two.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. RedViv says:

This title pun only makes me wish for a Tremors game so we can get 400 Days of Gummer.

2. Revolving Ocelot says:

Oh no. I bought TWD recently from the Humble Weekly Sale, and while excellent I can’t bring myself to finish it because :(.

So much :(. I got to the end of Episode 4, and undoubtedly Episode 5 will absolutely kill me in terms of :(. This DLC may bring it to :((( levels.

• Pliqu3011 says:

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I literally just finished episode 5 a few seconds ago for the first time (also bought it in the Bundle). It’s definitely worth it.

(You’ll be :(((((( though)

• luukdeman111 says:

Episode 5 is actually the happy episode!! well, maybe, not really, a little bit maybe but I’d encourage you to play it anyways… it is a fantastic conclusion..

• Dana says:

Man the fuck up :):)

• DrScuttles says:

The end of Chapter 4 hit me like a punch in the gut and Chapter 5 had all the feels. It’s a wonderful journey that the comics / show could never replicate.

• Mutak says:

I was actually relieved by the end of 4. I was like ok, X will die, but that means Y will live, and that’s all i really care about.

3. Gap Gen says:

I went to my local bridge and had quite an illuminating discussion. Certainly put some outstanding concerns I had to rest concerning various matters.

4. Bhazor says:

It never affected me emotionally because apart from Clem almost every character was utterly unlikable and the story flickered between rote apocalypse melodrama and ridiculous twists (the final villain, seriously what the fuck). In fact the endless string of horrible misfortunes that befell Ben and Kenny brought a constant smile to my face.

That said the idea behind the game was good. Just a shame it had to be zombie apocalypse complete with all its dumb inevitable tropes.

Edit: @ 0:27 Holy crap, It’s the dude.

• RIDEBIRD says:

The “villain” was somewhat weird, but I thought it worked out fairly well. Incredibly dramatic scene with a very important consequence (for me anyway), though. It’s where Lee fulfilled his purpose to me.

I quite liked a fair bit of the characters and was pretty wrecked when they were killed and I had nothing to do with it or anything that I could do about it. I hope fore more player impact in the second season.

• Drake Sigar says:

I can tell you didn’t highfive Duck. You MONSTER.

5. Kefren says:

Loved the Walking Dead game. Completed it. Uninstalled, planning to play it again one day. Just realised, if I install the DLC all my choices will be gone – I hadn’t assumed anything would follow that and be based on my decisions. Argh!

• acoff001 says:

Not necessarily; depending on your version the Walking Dead probably saved your file in a different location (My Documents, SteamApps, etc), so when you reinstall the game it should pop up with the file (I just reinstalled my Steam version and confirmed this).

• Kefren says:

Many thanks for the suggestion, but when I uninstall I always delete all the files, including old saves. All gone into the ultimate recycle bin in the sky, and unable to be resurrected as a flesh-eating .sav file.

• olemars says:

If you did have it on steam then the save might actually be in the steamcloud.

• acoff001 says:

Maybe you could look online to see if anyone has posted save files from completed games? It might not reflect all of your decisions, but it isn’t like Telltale has had the best track record with that anyway.

6. Ernesto25 says:

“Decisions made in season one will have an influence on proceedings and what happens here may have an impact in season two.”

If only this was true

• cpt_freakout says:

Yeah. I think they chose their words carefully, though (the tricky bastards!) – ‘influence’ and ‘may have an impact’ are sufficiently vague as to suggest decisions are meaningful without actually committing to saying they are. No worry on my part, though, I enjoyed the first season very much, even if all of the decisions in the game had superficial consequences overall.

• Ernesto25 says:

Same but it kept reminding me of the “tailored” story every episode, i am interested in this however but i wish they would add some actual puzzles. I think episode 3 was very good in some respects but broke the choice illusion for me. Looking forward to it despite this misgiving.

7. aliksy says:

I thought the walking dead game was really good, and in terms of writing, meaningful decisions, and density-of-goodness (No filler combat!) it was better than many RPGs. I wish it had more branching- I would have liked to save certain people.

8. baltasaronmeth says:

So I will have to, you know, pay extra, even if I bought the entire first season when the first episode was out?

• valz says:

No, actually you won’t have to. You only need to do that if you’d like to buy this new, different product which is not part of what you already bought.

9. Moni says:

I’ve always found that “Product not yet rated” voice sounds like the voice of The Walking Dead co-lead designer Jake Rodkin.

10. Noviere says:

Very excited for more TWD.

11. IamDylanHD says:

I read the article and it said a character returns if its not clem then i think its kenny. Now dont rape me and argue its an idea because when russel looks at the car in the trailer the driver resembles kenny and i know it because i played the game 5 times and beat all 5 episodes just go check it out!