Trials Fusion Fuses Bikes, Future Cities And Caligula

By Alec Meer on June 11th, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

SimHospitalised City 3000

Well, Caligula is that is indeed John Hurt on narration duties, and not a Hurtalike doing the whole gravel-voiced ‘ooh, I was in Aliens and I, Claudius and The Elephant Man, and most recently I turned up as a possibly evil [REDACTED]‘ thing. I hope so, I quite like the idea of John Merrick intoning out of my monitor. Hurt, or Hurtalike, is applying his sandpapered tones to this footage of the latest in the Trials stunt bike/sado-masochism series, now called Fusion and taking itself to a futuristic city-in-the-sky setting. Apparently falling a couple of dozen feet into a gravel surface at 60MPH wasn’t brutal enough – now we’ll be plummeting about 100 stories.

Looks like the right kind of vertigo to me. Talk of ‘social features’ worries me a little, as it’d be a shame to see the purity of Trials’ trial, error and bone-shattering appeal lost under a torrent of Stuff And Things, but musn’t judge in advance. It looks very pretty – Ubisoft have had quite a good E3, I’d say.

As well as friend-nagging, what I’ll guess is video-making and the spangly graphics, Trials Fusion brings in a “physics-driven tricks system,” which at a guess means you’ll have more to manage to simply not breaking your neck.

No screenshots yet, as is often, bewilderingly, The E3 Way, but there is some very lovely concept art, above and indeed below.

They’re doing a mobile version too, if you like that sort of thing.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. aldo_14 says:

If it is John Hurt, presumably they have a Scrooge McDuck like bank vault to pay him from.

• 9squirrels says:

Sounds to me more like the guy that played Odo in Star Trek Deep Space Nine…

2. trjp says:

Apparently they ‘accidentally removed’ the Trials HD Gold forum on their website just as they launched the new Trials game.

Not that is was full of people demanding refunds because the quality of the PC port of that is APPALLING – oh no, complete accident and all that…

Hmmmm – as it stands I’d not touch another Redlynx PC game with yours…

• x3m157 says:

Really? It’s worked perfectly for me so far. Much better than the Halo 2 port where they didn’t even bother changing the button prompts from an XBox controller.

3. RProxyOnly says:

Why did you redact ‘Doctor’?

Just curious.

4. SominiTheCommenter says:

They announce this instead of BGE2. For shame.

5. RProxyOnly says:

OMG

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 IS COMING TO THE PC. Aug 27th :OO

WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THIS, RPS?
    (sorry for the shouting people, but, I didn’t know this.)

EDIT!!!!!!!!

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

I misread the article I was reading. :(

It mentioned KH3, but it actually referred to FFxiv.

I am soo disappointed at this moment.

Consider yourself off the hook RPS.

6. Didden says:

Maybe it was just me, but when I was a kid, there seemed to be loads of books with illustrations like this in. Aren’t we meant to be living in the sky already?

• Mana_Garmr says:

When I was little, going on holiday, I read a kids magazine from the airline that said we’d all have hover-cars by around the year 2000. Needless to say I’ve spen the last decade in a continual state of disappointment.

7. Barnaby says:

I’m still waiting for the newest Trials game (Evolution?) to drop in price so I can try it out. I was disappointed that they waited so long to port it. Also, they finally killed off the scoreboards in Trials 2 which made me quite sad. Playing Trials 2 you do kind of get the urge to do more interesting things than 6 flips before smashing into the ground. Adding tricks into this is a great progression in my opinion. It’d be best if there was a traditional scaling mode that requires a lot of finesse, a tricks mode that centered around tricks, and a mode that was a hybrid of the two. While they had some of this in Trials 2 (flip courses, big jumps) I think it could make for some interesting courses.

I’m curious to see how all of this turns out. I’m hopeful!

8. int says:

I was hoping the motorcycle would burst through a chest and not a screen.

9. leah says:

my buddy’s step-sister makes $82 every hour on the computer. She has been without a job for six months but last month her pay was $18135 just working on the computer for a few hours. Here’s the site to read more,,,
    Dub50.cℴm

10. nimzy says:

I’m adding “Hurtalike” to my dictionary immediately.