Elliot Quest Is Very Lovely And Has Strange Monsters

By John Walker on June 13th, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

Some alpha footage has appeared for indie side-scroller Elliot Quest. Which feature some of the loveliest pixel animation I’ve seen in a while. Deceptively simple looking, it’s not just yet another pixel platformer – this is an open-world game, to be completed as you wish, along with spells, inventory, puzzles and the like. And there’s a demo too. And it’s tops.

The demo is brief, but it gives you a good taste of what’s in store. And what’s in store is some very charming RPG platforming that I want to play more of RIGHT NOW. Oh wait, I can if I pre-order it for $5. I just did that. Now I’m playing the alpha version. I am best at purchasing.

Here’s the footage:

It’s obviously on Greenlight, and there is of course an Indiegogo (but be warned, it’s “flexible funding”, which we don’t tend to approve of). You may as well just buy it.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Jack_Dandy says:

Eh. Demo didn’t wow me.

Come to think of it, how come RPS never reviewed La Mulana? Now there’s a crowning achievement of indie metroidvania platforming.

• Greggh says:

Email Adam Smith, RPS’s own Rogue-like (and other things not so like Rogue) main reviewer so he reviews La-Mulana.

Seriously, bug the hell outta him, the lazy bum XD

RedViv says:

This was quite an interesting demo. Potential here, most definitely.

• Ultra Superior says:

So illusive red viv likes the game, I’d say the game’s ought to be shite scrolling goodness then!

RedViv says:

Yes. I shall now declare myself Queen Of This Comment Thread.

Kidding aside, I do like the mixture of Zelda and Metroidvania elements, with stats and hit chances and alignment and all. Potential!

JamesTheNumberless says:

Wow, the music. It’s as though your eyes see an unfinished 8-bit platformer with promisingly varied but fairly generic gameplay but thanks to the music your ears tell your brain, “Remember Zelda on the SNES? That was an awesome game… awesome game…” happy childhood memories flood back. Then the trailer ends but the feeling doesn’t. “That was an awesome looking game”, you tell yourself… Then you write an article.

Actually, it does look like fun, and something I’d pick up off of Steam :)

3. Curly says:

Didn’t make it through the first dungeon. Life is too short to spend it searching mazes for keys.

4. ansimuz says:

John Walker,

Thanks for looking at my game, i’m glad you liked it.

The reason i chose a flexible campaign is because funded or not the game still on course. No delays nor cancelations.

Originally having a crowdfunding was not part of the plan, but then i was advised to. Having extra money will help me greatly since im full at this project.

So either way you want to contribute even a tweet or fb post you help me a lot.

Thanks