Ooh: A Company Of Heroes 2 Demo, Via The Beta

By Jim Rossignol on June 14th, 2013 at 3:00 pm.

There’s apparently a single-player demo of Company Of Heroes 2 out, but it must be obtained circuitously by installing the open beta via the Steam page. The demo mission will then be found on the main menu. It is reportedly “a mid-game mission called ‘The Land Bridge to Leningrad’ where the player will be asked to cross a frozen lake under heavy German fire.” What a thing to be asked! No thanks, I’m going to stay here and cook some sausages.

Company Of Heroes 2 currently has an open beta for multiplayer (obviously) and arrives in full on the 25th.

, , .

RedViv says:

I wanted to check this out, seeing how I tried but failed to get the beta to run earlier, but my Steam Store seems to have been mysteriously transported to summer 2009. Given this announcement, I will just assume it’s due to Chronosphere shenanigans.

2. Nyxx says:

Really enjoying the game BUT. THe lack of dedicated servers is ruining it for me. There is constant lag and even with my connection I sometimes seem to be having problems. Just had an amazing game, 50 mins in on my way to victory and BAM connection lost.

• Njordsk says:

It’s called Ragequit eh.

• Asurmen says:

How would dedicated servers work with an RTS?

• MobileAssaultDuck says:

A matchmaking system can still hook up to a farm of dedicated servers.

Like how L4D does Match Making. You do all the lobby and set up in Steamworks, but when its ready for you to play, you’re on a dedicated server.

3. kael13 says:

How exactly does one access the singleplayer level? It appears locked on the main menu.

Edit: Nevermind, there was a patch that didn’t apply itself until I restarted Steam.

4. muther22 says:

Unfortunately Jim, your desire for sausages has been eclipsed by the state’s desire for you to desire to cross that lake. Get moving. That commissar is looking a tad peeved.

• Elementlmage says:

And don’t mind the Maxim gunners, sitting at the positions at the ready, looking a bit cross with you. They’re uh… support gunners! Their sights do go out to 2000m you know!

Anyway, retreat is not as option… as there probably won’t be much ice for you to run back across.

5. Gambit says:

Cannot seem to find a link through steam to access the ‘open’ Beta; Do you perhaps have to pre-purchase the game before gaining access?