Lost Planet 3 Trailer Shows Some Lost Planet 3

By John Walker on June 20th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Lost Planet 3 footage has emerged via Japanese site 4gamer.net, and when I say footage, I mean actually that. Not cutscenes, 90% company logos, nor close-ups of characters’ faces with worried expressions. The game, moving about. It’s so novel I almost didn’t understand what I was looking at! Although I eventually realised it was building-sized aliens and giant stompy robot suits. VIDEOGAMES!

Well, okay, there’s somecutscene in there, but clearly it’s the sort that tiresomely interrupts you as you’re playing, so technically counts as in-game footage.

Not long until the delayed game finally appears, just two months and a week to go.

Cheers VG247.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Discopanda says:

I’m a little worried. I can’t even muster up the energy to yawn at Lost Planet 3. Should I call a doctor?

2. Ninja Foodstuff says:

Really don’t like that word “stompy”.

Just thought I’d share. Cheerio!

• TuringMachine says:

Stompy you say?
      Here, maybe it’ll get better by insistence: Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy Stompy

3. Ross Angus says:

That woman at the end has literal headlights. Good lord.

4. Dominic White says:

I honestly think that Lost Planet 2 is one of the most underrated games released in the past five years. It has so many utterly unique elements, and played with friends, it’s an amazing experience. It’s pretty clearly designed to be played with a group of buddies, given the astonishing number of silly goofing-off options available to you.

Some of the levels were really quite clever, too. The sand-pirate battleship mission is astounding, with players rushing around the deck to man various stations in order to fight off a rival ship.

Lost Planet 3 is outsourced to the guys that gave us gems (see ‘terrible shovelware’) like Turning Point and Legendary. It also looks like an awkward Dead Space ripoff now.

What in the actual fuck, Capcom? First you drive Megaman into the ground, then Devil May Cry, now this, and now Dead Rising is grey-brown and generic too?

• Viroso says:

I liked the over the top style from LP2 better. Maybe it’ll be like that though, I dunno. Doubt there’ll be sand pirates though. Or giant worms attacking a train. That was another great mission, making sure the train was up and running, preparing the cannon, doing some calibrations. Garrus would enjoy it.

• SuicideKing says:

Yeah the Lost Planet 2 benchmark was actually quite nice to look at (available from geforce.com). Didn’t know about the game till then.

5. PC-GAMER-4LIFE says:

Looks horrible it will fail @ every level.

Capcom RIP 2011 everything you have done since is shovelware garbage please stick to your Xbox 1 exclusives that MS co-publish & fund.

6. tnzk says:

Ironically, all that game play was full of non-interactive scripted sequences.

Also, not to be racist, but that reeks of western design….

Ah yup, it’s a non-Japanese game. What happened to the grapple-loving Japan-esque frozen wasteland starring a Korean dude, or the “I don’t give a fuck what you think about me” multiplayer sequel?

Comment on this story