A 26 Second Peggle 2 Trailer

By Craig Pearson on June 21st, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

My Peggle 2 fan art. I added the '2'. I'm an artist!
E3 should be a brilliant time of the year. Even if there’s nothing good to see, it’s at least fun to gather on Twitter and mock what’s being presented. I’m usually there, at the Command Station 3000 (my desk), dropping truth bombs (tweets) with the incisiveness of of Eminem crossed with Jed Bartlet (“Lol, me make fun of E3″). But this year, I just couldn’t face EA at E3. All I could imagine were shinier helmets on sports games, and the hollow promises of excited producers shilling for a Next Generation that seems to already be lagging behind what I viewed as the current one. And because of that world-weary attitude, I managed to miss the announcement of a few games I actually had an interest it. One of those being Peggle 2, which is what the trailer below remixes.

So I’m sure this is exactly what it was like being there, including the rainbows and the man riding the unicorn. What most gets to me, though, is the scream right at the end. That’s the scream of a man who’s had his soul torn asunder, who’s had to imagine a game full of rainbows and Ode To Joy while working for the people who attempted to monetise Dead Space 3 weapons.

So, Peggle 2? Can it be good? Cast your votes.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Colonel J says:

So roughly how many Peggles will Peggle 2 be?

2. Low Life says:

Normally I wouldn’t even bother commenting here, but since you asked nicely: I thought this was a much better interpretation of that particular announcement.

• F3ck says:

Even if you really like Peggle (like, say, my wife) news of more Peggle just isn’t that exciting…I mean, it is just colorful pinball without paddles.

…Biscuit is pretty clever, though…Battlefield 5 soundtrack will just be a mic shoved in a dryer? Heh heh…

3. seamoss says:

I actually finished Peggle (got it in a Popcap complete pack) and can honestly say that I’ve never disliked a game more. I think the complete randomness and the impossibility of judging more than one or two ball bounces is what I hated most – it felt like a slot machine in a casino. Damn the completist in me!

• Eddy9000 says:

Oh me too, I played it for 20 hours and just thought it was terrible.

• zapatapon says:

Wow. Your life must be a living hell.

• jrodman says:

I live life in fast-forward.

I enjoyed Peggle for 5 minutes and hated it for 10 and then was done with it forever.

I appreciate that others may have different trajectories (heh) with the title, but if you’re going to end up in the pitts, might as well get it over fast.

4. Spoon Of Doom says:

More Peggle can never be a bad thing.

Except maybe if they charge for each level and ball via microtransactions.

• MadTinkerer says:

I am so, so worried that this is exactly what they’re doing. And when I don’t buy this or PvZ2, they’ll assume I don’t want them at all instead of fixing them. And then I’ll finally work up enough rage to go on a murderous spree when the EA execs all meet in the same place.

25 Goddamn Maddens, a Syndicate FPS, microtransactions in PvZ2, the abomination Dragon Age 2 daring to call itself that, Mass Effect 3 being an Origin Exclusive, Speaking of Origin: Every “Ultima” title since Origin Systems was bought… It’s like for every one thing they do right they do ten things that fill me with lust for spilling their blood all over their offices.

5. Metalfish says:

That’s no human scream. It’s a goat.

6. apocraphyn says:

I doubt that they’ll be making any great leaps forward with this sequel.

7. darkChozo says:

Peggle 2 will be a story-driven open world single player title starring Staff Sergeant “Bjorn” Smith in a heart-pounding emotionally-engaging cinematic experience.

8. corinoco says:

I heard Peggle 2 was going to be an MMO, because bloody everything else is these days. With micro transactions, no single player mode, full console support and no mouse support for PC (requires console controller).

The goat is there only to entice you with memes – there are no screaming goats in Peggle 2.

There is *lots* of wubwub though.

Not much of the above is correct, if any.

9. aliksy says:

I fully expected this to be a shooter.

10. Deano2099 says:

I let myself get excited about Plants Vs Zombies 2 and it turned out to be a F2P iOS exclusive. This is bound to go the same way…

11. Bhazor says:

Shining Armor is best Peggle.

12. Shadowcat says:

I’m so confused that that was actually a moment at a presentation in front of an audience.

13. Crosmando says: