Goo-ed News: Super Splatters Coming Soon

By Craig Pearson on June 21st, 2013 at 12:00 pm.

Yes, that is a swan wearing a crown.
Back in the day, when I wore the many weighty hats of a magazine section editor yet I still weighed a stone lighter, we came across a game called Confetti Carnival. It was a strange, violent version of Peggle, where the player controls explosive blobs that would slop their innards over levels. That blurstsplosion(tm) would hopefully set off a chain reaction of bombs in the level, painting it with the colourful liquid bursts of the Splatters’ insides. While the goal was to clear the level, the real fun came with the neat aftertouch controls, allowing you to pull of tricks and blurstsplosions(tm) with style. It was surprisingly unpleasant, oddly brilliant, and a lot of fun. It never came out. Except it did, but in the awful bondage of console exclusivity. That has now expired, and with a new lease of life the game formerly known as Confetti Carnival will be coming to Steam this month, renamed Super Splatters.

I’ve been waiting two years to play a puzzle game, so that should tell you a lot about the quality of Super Splatters. It had charm of World of Goo and the style and silliness of Peggle, and the early version we had kept us playing for a solid week. That’s a long time in the world of puzzle games. Want to see it in action?

It’ll be ten bucks on release, but you can get it for $7 if you pre-order it now. It’s definitely worth that.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. trjp says:

I’m in – I loved the original trailer and I enjoyed the 360 demo but I find the whole process of buying XBucks a pain in the ass (not to mention that leaving any unspent is just asking to be hacked) so…

One thing tho – next week is a hailstorm of games on Steam including the new Magic which, with it’s 8,000,000 DLCs, tends to drown-out anything else being released – that’s not good for this or Rogue Legacy I imagine…

and then we have a Steam Summer Sale coming too – which makes this a bad time to be launching a game!?

2. Teovald says:

Humble store : Amazon Payments, Google Wallet & Paypal
    Steam key will be available on release day. DRM free version immediately afterwards.
    Windows + MacOsx + Linux

Damn, these guys know how to sell an indie game. Preordered.

3. PopeRatzo says:

I will henceforth refer to this game as “Super Splatters: Money Shot”.

4. Theon says:

Israel?
    I don’t think so, chump.

• LennyLeonardo says:

What do you… oh lord, I probably don’t want to know, do I?

• Caiman says:

Well that was an easy block.

• barelyhomosapien says:

Wow, just wow.

• Synesthesia says:

someone explain this to me. What am i missing here?

• Teovald says:

I checked the about page of the dev. Their company is established in Israel.
        Not sure there is a further explanation.

• BurningPet says:

Ill further explain. unless he is a racist who hates jewish no matter what, than his excuse for this, well, racism, is the ongoing campaign against israel, especially in the UK, to boycot anything that was ever made or invented in israel (not that its realistic, israel been too productive for this to be effective) a campaign that was started by anti zionist – pro palestine european/middle eastern muslims.

in other words, it lets racists justify their own racism by claiming israel is a racist country.

• Hypocee says:

Which of course it is – a Jewish state with separate license plates, ID badges and concentration camps for those of a certain ethnicity hmm. But it might be slightly more productive to work on embargoes of the helicopters, rockets, breaching charges etc. we sell to them than some nerds who have sat down and made a great videogame.

• BurningPet says:

Guess what mate, in this day and age, you use something that was invented in israel. be it waze, intel chips, kinect, usb flash drive, cherry tomato and the list just goes on and on.

Comment on this story