The Rock, Paper Shotcast: Rezzed And Confused

By Adam Smith on June 24th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Along with all of the lovely exhibitors and visitors at Rezzed, the crowd contained every current member of RPS, although one of our number did have to leave in order to care for his offspring. But still we gathered, a band of six, and spoke of what we had seen. Below you will find the Rezzed Shotcast featuring Adam Smith, Cara Ellison, Craig Pearson, Jim Rossignol, John Walker and Nathan Grayson, with discussion of Hotline Miami 2, Sir, You Are Being Hunted, Rome: Total War 2, Gone Home, Revenge of the Sunfish, gaming’s best doors, the first digital willy and much, much more.

The recording begins as Cara strikes a pose, forgetting that such things can not be conveyed in the medium of sound.

Download your own personal copy by right-clicking and choosing ‘Save as’ here, subscribe via iTunes here (and if you could leave a nice review that would be nice, nice, very nice) or browse non-iTunesised former episodes of the Shotcast here. And as requested, here’s an RSS feed.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. DXN says:

I miss the shotcast! Good show, more of this sort of thing please.

2. yandexx says:

Well, this is increzzible!

3. jimangi says:

I was able to spot most of you there. Why did Craig’s face always look so sad?

4. RaveTurned says:

IT’S ALIVE!

5. SaintElmo says:

Please, please, please, add a custom RSS Feed for the Shotcast, so we can be freed from the shackles of iTunes. Show some love to us Android users here that want to listen to your beautiful voices on the go! ;)

6. Dowr says:

Can’t wait for the next episode in 12 months!

7. bills6693 says:

So is Rezzed going to be a regular thing? I live in Birmingham but am on holiday and so couldn’t come this year (much to my distress!). I sincerely hope so.

8. Low Life says:

I knew keeping that feed on my podcast player would pay off one day.

9. SONUVA says:

I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this but I recorded some footage, interviews etc. of Rezzed which I’d like to share with the world.

Rezzed 2013 was amazing, looking forward to 2014 and the takeover of Birmingham!

10. futurememory says:

What’s the first game that they’re talking about off the bat (eating the ham, the binoculars, etc.?)

11. Bluerps says:

Oh, that sounds awesome! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to properly listen to that until the weekend. But I listened to the beginning, and I can already say that you have amazing accents!
    (That’s not even a joke – I love hearing non-US-american english)

12. MeestaNob says:

A new podcast? What sorcery is this? Next you’ll be telling me Half Life 3 is coming.

13. alice says:

This was absolutely delightful. As much as I wish this could happen more frequently, if anything I just want more of Cara who I really, really enjoyed hearing from.

14. Dances to Podcasts says:

*Dan…um… vogues.*

15. Durkonkell says:

Unfortunately, I cannot get my iPad to see the new episode on the iTunes store. It just shows me the previous ones! Most frustrating.

EDIT: For the record, seems to be working now. Podcast was lovely and I’d absolutely like more of these! Preferably more than five before everyone gives up for a year. Fortnightly or even monthly would be fine, since weekly didn’t seem to work out so well for you last time.

16. MadJax says:

Referring ot Cara’s comments about being a janitor on a Nostromo like vessel: Space Station 13 :P

17. TheApologist says:

You should shamelessly rip off One Life Left’s game/book club format and do that once a month. Cara was on them I think.

It’ll give Ste Curran a new bete noire after 5-live and whoever else it was that allegedly stole a feature. Better yet, invite Ste et al on with some readers :)

18. Muzman says:

Cara seems to enjoy this sort of thing. Could that mean there might be more of these than say once every couple of years?
    (I suppose RPS suffer from what many a late Pink Floyd or other mega group album did; It’s a matter of coaxing everyone out of their respective castles, yachts, space stations into the same place to make it happen)

Also if you want to Sound Effect All the Things!, you get this

Yes it’s been around that long (most of the cars in it are from the 70s). You’ll never be able to hear doors, footsteps and even ouchy noises again in games and film without twigging. The monkeys from System Shock 2 and GTA3 are in here. The elephant and camel sounds used for the mutants in Quake 2 are in here. -That- mountain lion scream comes from here.
    Just so you know and all that.

• DiamondDog says:

“I suppose RPS suffer from what many a late Pink Floyd or other mega group album did; It’s a matter of coaxing everyone out of their respective castles, yachts, space stations into the same place to make it happen”

Kieron = Roger Waters? Too busy off writing operas to get together with his old mates. Typical.

19. Laurentius says:

You said it dude, it was Dreamweb.

20. Duke of Chutney says:

Nethack taught me that eating Rats is good.

edit: Also you can close and open doors in nethack

2nd edit: Nethack has female equality, both sexes die horribly

3rd edit: the developer (whoever that once was) also doesn’t get angry with bad reviews.

RPS should play more nethack, then just talk about that

edit: oh, they’re talking about roguelikes

edit 5; Nethack has cats, probably better than Johns cat.

• Tusque D'Ivoire says:

What was that Roguelike they’re talking about in the podcast? Just before Teleglitch. Cara immediately cheers upon mention, so I couldn’t understand the actual name. Plz halp!

21. Skabooga says:

Teleglitch! For that game, there is no such thing as too much coverage.

22. The Dark One says:

That full-frontal game they mentioned was called Custer’s Revenge. The goal was to rape a Native American woman. Classy stuff.

Comment on this story