The Greenlight Supershow’s Many Games

By Jim Rossignol on July 1st, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

I suppose there’s a good chance that you didn’t watch all thirteen million hours of The Greenlight Supershow yesterday, but that’s okay because you can go back and watch it on their TwitchTV feed. It’s worth a look, I would say, because it features The Stanley Parable HD, Tower Of Guns, Chasm, 8BitMMO, and twenty-two others, all exposing their gameplay in public for your voyeuristic delight.

It also made me realised I hadn’t seen The Stanley Parable’s response to criticism (last year), which I have now posted below for future reference. Oh my.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Andy_Panthro says:

Love the Stanley Parable, can’t wait for the HD version. It’s just a shame that they have to go through the awful Greenlight process, which I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

2. Greggh says:

“Raphael mode” hahahaahaha

BURN!!!!!

3. bills6693 says:

I think that this video has probably given some important people in some big game companies a great DRM idea!

4. Tei says:

This Raphael guy played the game wrong.

I followed the story to a point, and then I nocliped around. If you move enough to the east, the game turns into Kerbal Space Program.

5. arccos says:

A game has to be truly phenomenal for me to be interested in it before development is completed, so when a couple of games talked about the features that “would be” in the finished game, I turned off the feed with a grumble.

I get that ideally a developer wants their game Greenlighted before it’s finished, but I wouldn’t call the Greenlight process broken or too slow if you couldn’t get on Steam before you even had much to display.

6. Dizzard says:

Only Castaway Paradise interested me initially from the lineup….and after watching the clip I was turned off it a little. I’m not sure exactly but the characters don’t have as much soul as Animal Crossing characters. They remind me of the characters in the PS2 game Gregory Horror Show….so they creep me out a little.

I’ll probably check out a few more games from the lineup soon.

7. Gap Gen says:

Very Look Around You.

8. Caiman says:

Greenlight for me has become a great way of discovering fantastic indie games, which I then go and buy on another service (usually Desura) or direct from the developer, because I know it’ll either take forever for them to finally appear on Steam, or they’ll languish there for months / years. I just don’t seem to share much in common with the audience of Steam users who regularly vote on Greenlight.

9. Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

All emotions? The lack of bliminity makes the whole endeavour pointless.

• Sparkasaurusmex says:

If they included bliminity how could they have included the lack of bliminity? And what about buggeration?