Meet The Actor: Gun Monkeys Gets Kevin

By Alec Meer on July 4th, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

Are you Slightly Old? And British? And of broadly good humour? Then you will doubtless be at least passingly familiar with the work of The Actor Kevin Eldon, quiet mainstay of some of this nation’s greatest televisual comedy. As well as Brass Eye, Alan Partridge, Nighty Night, The IT Crowd and more, he can now add Size Five Games’ Gun Monkeys to his CV. Witness a sad lack of weak lemon drink references, but a positive bounty of warm, chummy tones, below.

If you for any reason doubt that this is indeed the real Kevin Eldon, here’s a picture of Size Five’s Dan Marshall trying to be bezzie mates with him during the recording session:

(Via Dan’s Twitter)

Gun Monkeys, from the studio behind the Ben & Dan games and Privates, came out on Friday. Have you played it? I haven’t. Too busy trying to keep a baby alive/clean, you see. Shooting a monkey or two would probably do wonders for my mood, however.

, .

1. FluffyPanda says:

Oh, oh, it’s the Kevin Eldon game
    It’s the Kevin, Kevin Eldon game
    It’s called Gun mon-keys.

DrScuttles says:

The Actor Kevin Eldon will always be the child catcher to me. And I’m not old. Not yet. I’m not even 30. Although in internet years, 30 is like… Christopher Lee old, right?

3. westyfield says:

I love how happy Dan looks to be actually standing next to The Actor Kevin Eldon.

But no mention of Hyperdrive? For shame, Alec.

Jubaal says:

I really liked the IT Crowd and didn’t feel it had an overly overt “nerd” focus, not that I think that is a bad thing. I thought the characters were well acted too. Each to their own though. I can’t speak for the Big Bang Theory as I haven’t watched it.

There aren’t that many comedy shows I have been impressed by but the IT Crowd was one of them along with Spaced, League of Gentlemen, 15 Stories High, Big Train, The Thick of it to name a few. There is Kevin Eldon goodness in there, hmmmmmmm.

* Edited for posting too early and missing out League of Gentlemen!

Morph says:

There’s only one thing to do…. IT Crowd quotes!

You wouldn’t steal a handbag. You wouldn’t steal a car. You wouldn’t steal a baby. You wouldn’t shoot a policeman. And then steal his helmet. You wouldn’t go to the toilet in his helmet. And then send it to the policeman’s grieving widow. And then steal it again!

God damn these electric sex pants!

Acid!

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try and walk it in.

• oldkc says:

I’ve got a ruddy gun!

It’s too real Roy. TOO REAL

They’re havin’ a laugh!!

It’s blown my tiny little mind.

• The First Door says:

That ‘walk it in’ quote is fantastically useful! Although, I tend to use it more when a friend corners me and talks about American Football, but it seems to work just as well there too.

The problem with those massive men in that team you support is they always try to walk it in. Right?

6. Guvornator says:

He’s a Buddhist. Not funny, but true.

7. tossrStu says:

His fee was one bowl of green jelly.

8. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

I want Kevin on his Penis Cycle in my game, NOW! (with Belgian subtitles)

I also want Ben Fetch but that is for another thread!!

9. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

Fuckin hell this lot piss themselves about sexism, ‘U is racist bro’. No you really are. You obviously come from some middle class enclave, respec!

• LennyLeonardo says:

I agree, he should respec immediately. Reduce strength and luck, more points into intelligence and charisma.

10. Eddy9000 says:

If the IT crowd reference makes you so angry (it should, it was shit), then it’s a good job he never mentioned Hyperdrive, the worst attempt to cash into a show that hadn’t aged that well in the first place. Also no mention of Big Train makes me so angry.

11. aircool says:

Do you mean ‘the’ Kevin Eldon?

12. aircool says:

Huh.. Strange. I though IT Crowd was hilarious (The dinner party episode and gay musical in the second series being the highlights). The Big Bang Theory is funny as well, and the maths/physics/biology has a strong basis in the real world.

13. LennyLeonardo says:

Yeah… Richard Ayoade is mixed race. “Half-cast(sic)”? Have you come from the past as well?

14. vonkrieger says:

Somebody please give Matt Berry his own game. That is all.

15. The First Door says:

If you genuinely think The IT Crowd was ‘the worst television programme of recent memory’ you really don’t get out much, or ever look at any channels beyond the fourth one, or watch television on a Saturday night.