I Really Want Planetside 2′s Firework Launcher

By Craig Pearson on July 5th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

*claps*

Auraxis has fallen into night. We are Vanu (All hail Vanu), a small group of us are purplishly sneaking through the bracken. The New Conglomerate base is quiet, with all the meatbags snoring arrogantly, believing in their dominance. Never believe the map! Us Vanu, handsomest and best of all the races and cloaked in the night’s purple hue, approach. The quiet is deafening, the darkness near complete. Only the glow of war on the horizon flickers. We freeze: I spy a lone guard patrolling on the edge of the Amp station. The fools! I can destroy their defenses with a well-placed bullet. I steady my aim and fire.

FASHOOOOM! KRSHHHHHHHH! WHEEEEEEEEE! SPLOK!

And that’s why I shouldn’t be allowed to buy Planetside 2‘s firework gun.

I’m still going to buy one, though. Nothing will keep me from owning a gun that shoots fireworks. Not the price (700 SCs), not the limited time it’s available for (this weekend), not even my bank account (it’s a Super Noodle kind of weekend). Planetside 2′s independence day celebration gun is everything I love about guns. It fires an arcing projectile, it verrrrrry slooowwwwwwwllly reloads, and it explodes in a shower of colour and a riot of noise. Check it out.

I still love fireworks. Every Nov 5th and New Years in Bath, friends would gather in my back garden and explode everything we could get our hands on. One year our neighbours gave us a round of applause! I bought the Pyro’s flare gun in Team Fortress 2 because of my love of fireworks, and I’ve installed this Garry’s Mod addon as well.

Via PCGamesN.

, .

1. CMaster says:

Craig – do you play with Rock Planet Shotgun?

• Premium User Badge Craig Pearson says:

Whenever I pop online, yup.

• nowako05 says:

my roomate’s step-aunt makes $71/hour on the laptop. She has been without work for eight months but last month her check was $21976 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site WEP6.COM

2. Premium User Badge Tom De Roeck says:

I got it as well. yeehaw.

• CMaster says:

Yeah, but you get everything flashy. Got a purple sparkler hood ornament too?

• Premium User Badge Tom De Roeck says:

see, thats where youre wrong. I get everything that seems stupid, but serves a purpose.

Also most helmets are poo.

3. Liudeius says:

Is that guy amazing, that weapon OP, or am I just awful?

4. nearly says:

I don’t really understand why anyone would buy the faction specific version if the common pool is the same price and does all the same things (or, really, everything in this case).

Would be kind of cool to see flare guns, though I suppose the waypoint system eliminates most of the tactical/practical use for one, especially since the night isn’t all that dark.

• BwenGun says:

What I really, really, want is a Hardcore server for the game. Where the night is pitchblack and you NEED flashlights or IR/NV sights to see by. Possibly with weapon damage buffed across the board and all spawns limited to either a ten minute timer or an instant respawn at the warp gate. Would either make the game terrible, or wonderfully tense.

• Premium User Badge Tom De Roeck says:

impossible. simply setting your brightness to maximum would still give you an advantage.

• Grey Ganado says:

Not when they do it right.

• CMaster says:

Nope, Quanta is right.

There is literally no level of darkness you can make it that it isn’t possible to gamma crank your way out to making it look like day.

What you could do, is make the entire screen literally black, except for around sources of illumination, and limit reflected light pretty hard. Would probably look like a really cheap lighting engine though, and would only make sense for stuff like caves, not night time.

• Grey Ganado says:

@CMaster:
            That’s exactly what I thought of. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it like that in some games but that was always in caves or other interiors. I think that’s what DayZ did on some moonless nights.

5. Premium User Badge Craig Pearson says:

Update: I bought it. Yeehaw!

• Premium User Badge Tom De Roeck says:

For Vanu!

• theallmightybob says:

got mine last night and then our platoon went around to each warp gate and set off a few fireworks shows, before promptly heading out to troll the TR with them. 40 flares all aimed at the same guy can be really effective :P

6. Premium User Badge lowprices says:

Oh my god that’s almost as good as the rocket launcher from Ratchet and Clank that plays Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture when you fire it. But I have neither the time, money or reliable internet connection to play this game so stop tempting meeeeee…

7. AlienMind says:

Sorry for sounding like a grumpy old man, but I hope they also make a gun which shoots a flag with “i’m better than you” on it for also seven dollars. Or even better, there is a slot machine in the game with a 1/10000 chance to drop that gun for one try which costs seven dollars.

8. Hunchback says:

Great, you sparked my interest in this thing again… Only i can’t remember my login details, and the site says my mail address is not registered… :S

• CMaster says:

Do you have an SOE account or a Pro7 account? Because different databases, different account recovery pages etc.

9. billyphuz says:

Craig, this might interest you: it’s a video of the outfit I’m in (Vanu Waterson) doing a cross-factional all-flare fight..

10. mandrill says:

Once you buy it does it last forever, or does it expire at the end of the weekend?

11. Leb says:

If my PS2 looked that gorgeous i might play it more

Also if it didnt have a 4-8 gig patch every time i started it i may be more inclined to play

12. Premium User Badge Chaz says:

What a terrible video. The guy has a gun that shoots fireworks and what does he do? He shoots it at the bloody floor! I mean come on, point it in the air and give us a display of what it can do.

13. Jakkar says:

Bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard. I’m POOR, and trying to SAVE MONEY, and here you go convincing me to do what I was sickeningly desperate to do anyway.

14. Jakkar says:

Curse you. Curse you. I did it. I bought it. I will find you ingame and fire one of these where no natural sun shines.