Planetside 2: Call To Arms Vs PC Gamer Menace

By Jim Rossignol on July 9th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

The evil empire has risen once again, and must be crushed under the magnificence of our all-encompassing purpleness! Yes, Chris from PC Gamer threw down the gauntlet and told me to “bring it on” and “put my Station cash where my air-filter DLC is”. Something like that, anyway. The point is: you are all contractually obligated to appear in Planetside 2 on the 21st of July. Since it’s free to play, you have no excuse. No, not even that.

Same drill as usual: it’ll be from 7pm UK on Miller. To the forums!

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

AlwaysRight says:

We must now fulfill humanity’s destiny here on Auraxis and bring this world back into the light of Vanu.
    Only then will the unbelievers understand their folly – and only then that we will take the next step toward our ascension. Nothing will stand in our way

• Brun says:

Vanu is a fraud. You follow a charlatan, and your “Sovreignty” is nothing more than a rabble of heretics and blasphemers. Bow before the might of the Republic, rebel scum!

• blaclika says:

either the republic falls or Auraxis falls BEHOLD THE REBELLION!!

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

My cat ate the internet :(

Crimsoneer says:

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH!

4. Revolving Ocelot says:

Since it’s free to play, you have no excuse.

But what if you have a rubbish PC? I mean sure, I just got an upgrade built this weekend, so I’ll actually try downloading and playing this again. But what of those poor souls still left in the dust with their ancient HD4850s, their games crashing when they killed their first guy? My heart pours out for the brethren I left behind.

jrodman says:

I’m rubbish. Can I get an upgrade for that?

• Sian says:

Me too, but I think it’s more about the fun. At least I had a lot of that during the last Call to Arms.

jrodman says:

Then I shall fall back on my weak excuse of: we americans are often at work at those times.

darkChozo says:

On Sundays?

Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

Don’t forget about time zones, darkChozo. When it’s 7pm on Sunday night in the civilised world, Americans are in 1863 and they’re busy fighting their civil war.

• Zakski says:

which also explains why they get their games so early

darkChozo says:

Don’t be silly. As an American myself, I can say that the Civil War only goes til 1:30PMEST or so. Maybe 1:40 if Davis is being particularly stubborn.

Though we might end up leaving a bit early for the Spanish-American War.

jrodman says:

Sadly, yes, on sundays.

At least in my particular circumstance.

• Zombat says:

>But what if you have an AMD PC?

Fixed

5. Joc says:

My gaming community fights for the Republic on Miller, so it is with some regret that I must inform you zealot worms that MoX will put an end to your rampant technophilia just as soon as we can muster more than 7 people online at any given time. A TIME WHICH MAY OCCUR ON A SUNDAY EVENING. Your spandex revolution will be prevented!

6. Anders Wrist says:

FOR THE OVERMIND!

Oh, wait.. that’s the TR battlecry.

FOR VANU!

7. Yosharian says:

Downloaded it, tried to log on around 8pm this evening, spent 15 minutes staring at a queue that wasn’t going down, and in fact my spot in the queue was going UP every couple of minutes.

Jimmy Butler says:

Are you sure you wasn’t at the front of the queue and looking the wrong way?

• Skhalt says:

People with memberships have priority in queues because pissing off your other potential customers is a great idea, so when a serious outfit decides to get to the continent you’re trying to enter you can have that effect of ever-increasing queue (especially if the continent is population-locked, as people can only enter when someone else leaves).
      You could have tried another continent though, we rarely have more than one being pop-locked on Miller (although admittedly I haven’t played much since Miller became recommended server so that may have changed).

8. Mr. Mister says:

On a somewhat related note: Just Cause Multiplayer test this weekend, with high probability of faction wars being present, which could turn Panau into the biggest Planetside continent.

9. aircool says:

I’ll dust off my Giraffe.

10. Max Ursa says:

those of you that play TR and would like to join the PCG contingent, add friend the following and tell for invite:
    MaxUrsa
    Jakhara
    ThatNoobGuy
    Redluminary
    Persson

also go to http://ps2pcg.enjin.com/home to put in an application

to those of you that think your pc is too crap, there are still ways to play with lower frame rates. go medic or engineer, both can farm xp without even firing a shot by supporting those who can. infiltrator can be used in a semi support role for hacking and sniping. i have a crap pc and manage that way.

11. lunarplasma says:

I shall not be around for this one, unfortunately, as I shall be on holiday and away from a suitable PC gaming implement. However I shall say a prayer unto Vanu that he/she/it may bless our RPS giraffe spandex. Hail Vanu!

12. blaclika says:

when would this be in eastern time US?