Nightmare’s Over: Dream Machine Chapter 4 Almost Here

By John Walker on July 16th, 2013 at 11:00 am.

Well here’s a spot of good news. The fantastic The Dream Machine series has awoken from its almost two year coma! I cannot believe it was as long ago as November 2011 that the third chapter appeared, but post time stamps never lie. Chapter 4 is due to appear on the 1st August, with promises of an enhanced look – and more importantly, a continuation of the intriguing claymation-n-cardboard adventure series.

A new trailer has been cut together, but seems to primarily contain footage from the first three chapters.

Development on chapter 4 apparently got so big that it’s been split into two parts, making The Dream Machine now a six chapter game. That also suggests that the next chapter won’t be so far off this time, which is splendid news. Swedish devs Cockroach certainly have their work cut out reminding people of the series after such a huge gap. As ever, it’s a remindering I hugely recommend.

And that’s made far easier by its price in the Steam Summer sale. You can pick up all six chapters (you’ll receive the rest as they’re released) for half price just now – £6.50. That’s a bargain for the three chapters that are already out, so definitely grab this.

, , , , .

lowprices says:

Huzzah! Huzzahs all round! Been waiting for this for quite literally a period of time.

• baby snot says:

Yesterday was like… ‘Wonder when John will post any news on Dream Machine?’
      Today… Yes! Must post many happy Huzzah’s in comments. Scrolls down…
      Ninja’d.

DrScuttles says:

Has it really been 14 months since already since I picked this up? Sure, the wee entitled chap inside me wants more chapters, bigger chapters, more frequently, and now, but the work involved making a game literally by hand in a small team must be immense. In any case it’s an intriguing point and clicker and I’m looking forward to some more.

3. grundus says:

I have something in my Steam library called The Dream Machine, but how do I know how many chapters that includes?

• baby snot says:

Weren’t the first three released at the same time? Also all further chapters are already included in original sale.

4. Jekhar says:

Splendid news indeed, for my wife at least. I wanted to wait until all chapters are available before playing the game. I want to experience in one go.

5. The First Door says:

Wow! I had no idea this was still bumbling along. I’d rather given up hope, if I’m honest.

Lambchops says:

Remember enjoying the first three, felt the wait for the fourth has shown the perils of episodic gaming without a steady schedule though as I’ve completely forgotten what the hell happened in them! Definitely will need a lengthy previously on section.

Good news though, looking forward to it.

7. BTAxis says:

Sigh. I still think of 2011 as The Future.

G-Lord says:

Best gaming news for me today. Episode 1-3 are adventure gaming at its finest.

Crimsoneer says:

Still one of the only games I’ve managed to convince my girlfriend to play. Bring it on.

10. jonahcutter says:

I feel a bit weird buying indie titles through Steam -and- for a discount. At least fairly new/ongoing ones. I know being on Steam means a huge increase in sales. But they also take 30%, and with a sale I wonder how much the dev is actually pulling in.

Saving money is great. But I also like to fully compensate an indie developer for a game, especially if it is as good as everyone says.

• The Random One says:

Uh, isn’t there a way to buy direct from them? There usually is, and they’ll often throw in a Steam key.

Hodge says:

Heh. I was waiting until all the episodes were released so I could play through all of them in one go, and then completely forgot about them. Glad it’s still happening.