A Solid Platform: Iron Soul

By Jim Rossignol on July 22nd, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

A fresh blip has appeared on the RPS radar, and it’s comes in the shape of a third-person platformer with shooty bits, Iron Soul. It’s a sort a Tomb Raider meets Deadspace, if such an intermangling can readily be conceived. The devs explain: “To make it happen, the team drew inspiration from various school 3rd person titles we all know and love (Name dropping MDK!). Such elements are reinvigorated within a industrial setting full of mad robots, unknown voices and mysterious compounds. It has been a long, two year journey for both the development team, project and its protagonist, H-25 but we are finally there. Now we must stand united to withstand the upcoming force known as bot-mageddon!”

Indeed. Gameplay trailer below.

The thing is on Greenlight, would you believe.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Sparkasaurusmex says:

That camera is so close! Why not just make an FPS? Third person action games can be really cool (yes, MDK) but in the good ones the camera is usually more distant. This looks like a back-of-the-head perspective game.

2. TsunamiWombat says:

This is a Ninty’s-ified version of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. You can’t trick me.

• Bork Titflopsen says:

You’re the first person I’ve ever seen mentioning that game, other than the people I’ve shown my copy of it. I loved that game, it certainly wasn’t without it’s faults, but I remember it being incredibly fun (and I was very young, so there’s that…)

That said, while it does remind me of Metal Arms a bit too, it looks kinda terrible. I especially liked the part where he completely misses one of the tentacle things. “Look at our shitty pea-shooters going ‘pwrrp’ against that evil wall! EXCITED YET?!”

• KDR_11k says:

I got stuck in Metal Arms early and and that was that. Maybe because it was the first console shooter with dual analog controls I’ve ever played.

• belgand says:

Nice to know I’m in such illustrious company because I had just popped over to say that it looked like Metal Arms except with Glitch having grown up a bit in the intervening decade.

Now let’s all be sad for a bit that Swingin’ Ape was killed off by Starcraft:Ghost in some sort of terrible murder-suicide deal and we won’t have either of them ever again.

• KRaZiGLiTcH says:

Metal Arms Glitch in the system is one of the best robot games ever if any fan here wants to like a Fanpage all about Metal arms Just Search We Want Metal Arms 2 ^_^.

• Xepter says:

Man, there are actually people out there who played Metal arms besides me? ;D

• TsunamiWombat says:

Metal Arms was an aces little game, and it’s a terrible crime it didn’t become iconic alongside games like Jak and Daxter. It was a solid action platformer with a good sense of humor, and a great deal of backstory that never got tapped.

Sad Panda.

• KRaZiGLiTcH says:

Haha There sure is there is even a page with a lot of Metal Arms fans on there its called We Want Metal Arms 2 ^_^ also this game Iron Soul looks very good i can’t wait to play it even the name Iron Soul sounds like Iron Star.

3. pupsikaso says:

Why are there just two enemies?

4. ZIGS says:

I hate UE3 games that look like UE3 games

5. guidom says:

it reminds me of how shit it felt to play the new Duke Nukem

6. Coriform says: