Meet The Bigfigs: Lego Marvel Super Heroes

By Adam Smith on July 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 am.

LEGO people are so tiny! Sometimes I like to spread some out on the floor, stretch to my full height of five foot and a bit, then tower above them like a powerful overlord. The delusion of grandeur ends when I accidentally step on one and end up cured in a foetal position, clutching the sole of my foot, which LEGO tears like bullets bursting through a jellyfish. I am Gulliver, brought low in Lilliput. Not all LEGO figures are quite so small. If the average Minifig is a bullet, The Hulk should be a mortar round and so he is, as are several of his LEGO Marvel Super Heroes stablemates. Identify them all in the video below.

I’m hoping that this game will finally reveal Kieron ‘RPS end-boss’ Gillen in his final form – a devastatingly handsome Minifig.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. jyggen says:

I can’t imagine the amount of hours I would put into these games if they had online co-op.

• kevmscotland says:

Completely agree. Feels like the massive elephant in the room that no journalist seems to want to press them on with each new game they release.

Really is the one thing that’s holding back the series from “must buy now” unto that “Single player? Meh, I’ll wait until its on sale”.

• mechabuddha says:

While they really should implement online coop, I love them so much for putting local coop in. It’s quite frustrating to want to sit down with the Mrs. and play the same game together, but no, we need to buy 2 computers and 2 copies of the game because PC gamers only play online.

2. RedViv says:

I’ll only accept the Kieron minifig if it comes with a bathrobe.

• Paul B says:

And Karen Gillen alter ego.

• RedViv says:

Heh, it seems the lady herself is preparing for that, in terms of hair choice as seen on the weekend.

• lowprices says:

She’s Keiron’s superpowered alter ego. That’s why he wears the glasses and she doesn’t. And the wig has always been there. It’s essentially her cape.

3. lowprices says:

Hopefully this will satisfy my cravings for a Marvel game, but I have two important questions: Can you be Squirrel Girl? Will she be hilariously overpowered?

• Baines says:

An article I read a while back reminded me of something that has since been forgotten with Squirrel Girl.

There was a time when comic book writers actually wrote the ways that she bested her opponents, before it all became a one-panel one-up gag.

• lowprices says:

Given that she’s always been a joke character, I wouldn’t worry too much.

• sith1144 says:

According to this she will be ingame

4. mondomau says:

So, it looks like they have finally abandoned all pretense of making the assets look like they were actually built out of lego – Even the minifigs don’t look very toy-like any more. And why is everything simultaneous dingy and shiny at the same time?

Get off my lawn. etc.

5. Sparkasaurusmex says:

Lego games were way better when they did not have voice overs.
    That’s basically all I want from future lego games. Parody the IP in silent film style. None of the games are particularly engaging or challenging, though they are fun, but all of the charm is lost in something like Lego LOTR that just uses sound clips from the movies.

• Swanny says:

I don’t know, I found Lego LOTR funnier in lego figures with voice overs. Particularly the ‘shall I find you a box?’ moment. Although, thinking about it, it would be funny if that scene was silent, and Legolas had just brought Gimli a box.

• Urthman says:

I also liked the unvoiced versions better. But it’s a lot easier to make that work when you’re parodying scenes from movies. When all you’ve got are characters (as in this and LEGO Batman) it’s a lot harder to tell an original story with just grunts, mumbling, and pantomime. It’s harder, but they still should try it.

6. DestructibleEnvironments says:

NOTHING STEPS ON THE LEGO BLOB.