Rooooooooxanne, You Do Have To Put On A Greenlight

By John Walker on July 25th, 2013 at 12:00 pm.

There’s been another round of Greenlight clearances. While Valve are hopefully tearing the ghastly model into eighty-thousand parts, and then scattering them around the farthest reaches of the universe such that they can never be reformed again, in the meantime a new collection of games have escaped the spike-laden pits and will be on Steam proper. Fourteen of them, in fact, including badger sim, Shelter, Operation Black Mesa, and being-a-toddler horror Among The Sleep.

Here’s the full run-down (which is also how I am feeling this morning):

A Hat in Time
Among the Sleep
Broforce
Centration
Chasm
Darkwood
Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut
Divekick
Operation Black Mesa
Project Awakened
Recruits
Rekoil
Shelter
StarMade

So many of these games look so very good. Take a look at the trailer for StarMade, for instance:

Or look how lovely it could be to be a badger:

And I can’t wait to get my hands on Chasm:

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Elementlmage says:

“Rooooooooxanne, You Do Have To Put On A Greenlight”

Ok, in all seriousness, how long have you been waiting to do that? XD

• DanMan says:

I wonder how it feels to know that you can never again use that pun now. I mean, it doesn’t get any better than this, right?

Gap Gen says:

Shelter, you do have to help your babies in the night.

3. SpaceDrake says:

No mention at all of Deadly Premonition being on that list? You disappoint me, lads.

• Low Life says:

That’s got to be the quickest greenlight yet? I guess I should celebrate with some good coffee.

golem09 says:

Steam should integrate kickstarter into greenlight, so that if a successful kickstarter reaches a certain $ goal, it is automatically greenlit.
    Chasm, Darkwood and Among the Sleep were obviously coming to steam. No need to go the normal greenlight route, if people already voted with their money quite heavily.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Eh.. it probably better to wait until those are actually finished. No sense in putting a non-finished game on steam over games which are actually playable.

golem09 says:

Which is why I suggested to take them out of the process, and get more focus on the pure greenlight games.
        Those kickstarter games are greenlit anyway, and still way before they are finished, see Darkwood, Chasm and Among the Sleep.

• The Random One says:

I agree. Valve doesn’t, though, and has greenlit several unfinished games, including on this batch.

5. spamenigma says:

Starmade is really good fun, a lot of potential there! Pleased its getting on steam.

RedViv says:

Now there’s good news, isn’t it, Zach?

7. pakoito says:

The One True Game is finally kickstarted. September be ranin’ DIVEKICKS.

• pakoito says:

Project Awakened was called cancelled due to lack of funding some months ago, so it’s either a scam or valve derping it hard.

RedViv says:

The creators did mention that they have further plans, if I remember correctly.

• The Random One says:

RedViv if right, but even if she wasn’t, Valve has greenlit a title that was later canceled before. Just about their usual M.O.

Also you should have said something like, “Valve must be asleep at the wheel to greenlight Awakened!”

• Vercinger says:

“Valve has greenlit a title that was later canceled before.”

Which one was that?

• Philomelle says:

It wasn’t canceled, the developers are trying to “seek alternate forms of funding”, which in their case means begging various publishers to give them some money. They insist that the game’s powerful fanbase and supportive community are sure to convince publishers that it’s a game that needs to be made.

I somehow suspect that bombing two Kickstarter campaigns in a row will convince publishers otherwise.

8. CobraLad says:

And there is no Drox Operative in Steam yet.
    Soldak got their games on Steam already, why they need to push third throught that disfunctional uservote crap?

• pakoito says:

Dominions 3 is there too.

• Archangel says:

Truly, this is one of the worst miscarriages of justice in Greenlight since Tuesday.

Not only is Drox amazing — and fully finished! — but their other games are already on Steam. I can only assume this was some sort of clerical error that Valve cannot/won’t correct without appearing to subvert the whole Greenlight system.

9. Vraptor117 says:

Sigh, I’m going to be devastated the first time I lose all of my cubs in Shelter, aren’t I?

10. BurningPet says:

So happy to see shelter in that list.

11. gryffinp says:

You’re going to have to write an article on Divekick eventually RPS. Don’t fight it.

12. NyuBomber says:

Deadly Premonition
    Project Awakened
    A Hat in Time
    Among the Sleep
    And DIIIIIIIIIIVE-UH KICK

Best Greenlight batch ever.

13. jonahcutter says:

Shelter next month? Hurrah!

Sir, You Are Being Hunted beta next month too.

Shadowrun Returns, Payday 2, Broforce, Teleglitch Die More all out now…

I’m being positively badgered with great games!

14. InternetBatman says:

Cool. I voted on most of these. I’m particularly excited to see Shelter coming.

15. Larington says:

Bonus points if the endboss in StarMade is a swarm of robotic arms with heads attached that shout “I fight for Xev!” as they tear the entire universe apart in order to make more (& more & more) 790 robot arm drones.

16. mr-wolfe says:

I came here for the headline, and now I’m giddy. I’m too old to be giddy about headlines, but you did it anyway Walker

17. wu wei says:

Now I just have to madly scrabble around trying to work out which games I’ve already bought in various bundles & elsewhere.