7 Days To Die Shambles Onto Kickstarter

By Cara Ellison on July 26th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Go home, you're drunk
Jim has mentioned before that he’s mightily impressed by the sheer scope of this giant zombie ‘open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games’, though it’s probably that scope that has pushed it onto Kickstarter. 7 Days To Die is such a massive game – in the new video they have made they discuss how each material in the game has a different structural integrity. All food and items in the game have a purity level… The detail is astounding. It even has something called a ‘Stealth and Distraction System’. Have a look after the jump to see just how much stuff they are planning to jam into this crimsonhead shambler.

You can help out The Fun Pimps’ Kickstarter here if you like the look of it.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. kwyjibo says:

Zombie survival kickstarters succeed no matter how shit they are.

• GameCat says:

1. Make a zombie game kickstarter.
      2. Ask for $500000 or more if you want.
      3. Say that it will be zombie game with unique twist.
      4. After successful campaing make your dream game that no one would ever pay for.
      5. The unique twist is “all zombies die in first 2 minutes of playing”

• KastaRules says:

If you back a kickstarter project and it fails, do you usually get a refund?

• macnei03 says:

my best friend’s sister makes $78 hourly on the computer. She has been out of work for 7 months but last month her check was $19278 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site ………http://xurl.es/wep6

2. analydilatedcorporatestyle says:

Watched the gameplay footage and it looked really bland. Maybe if blowing up/destroying the enviroment is your bag then you will indeed be smaked of your noddy with this offering..

Go on prove me wrong…………please do!

Edit: Previous article gameplay vid!

Edit 2: This looks a bit more interesting but if the gunplay remains the same, MEH!

3. Bracknellexile says:

Is it just me or is the music doing its best to be almost but not quite Tubular Bells – just far enough removed that Oldfield won’t sue?

4. SkittleDiddler says:

Who knew there were so many overgrown step pyramids in Arizona?

5. Artist says:

Im still amazed that RPS reports about 7 Days again and still completly ignores Starmade. Nothing against 7 Days – its already in my inventory and its promising – but Starmade got a big rush, surpassed Blockaderunner and got greenlit.
    Hello, wake up RPS crew?

• Wang Tang says:

I also am completely in shock that they report about Game X, when I find Game Y much more interesting. It even got Award Z and is on Store Alpha!

scnr.

• Koshinator says:

Well, the main reason Starmade got such a big rush of interest is probably all down to the fact that the yogscast did a video on it, nothing more.

• spamenigma says:

The yogscast vids certainly helped bring starmade to a lot of our attention, no one else did! But that is all! You say it like if yogscast showed a video of a turd it would get a lot of attention? Its starmade the game itself that then attracted our attention beyond the vids as the game is actually really good already in its early stages. I would certainly like to see RPS give it an article soon.

• Nick says:

“if yogscast showed a video of a turd it would get a lot of attention?”

I thought that was their SOP?

6. satsui says:

I always hear something similar to the phrase, “this is the zombie game you’ve been waiting for.” I think this might legitimately be it for the first time. I had high hopes for Zomboid, but it lacks in just about every aspect and Dead Island was too story-driven for me.

7. Wurstwaffel says:

While it looks kinda shitty, the features seem impressive. It’s like a better minecraft with more zombies and also guns. The shooting still looks boring though.

8. slerbal says:

The video got me very interested despite the zombies. I don’t back Kickstarters, but if I did I would definitely back this one. Good luck to the devs even if they do have a stupid name :)

9. Wedge says:

May aswell have just called it “Video Games, the Game.”

10. 69stabcat says:

Guys name company Fun Pimps and make a zombie/minecraft game. Great.

11. bhlaab says:

It’s minecraft, zombies, tower defense, with rpg elements? PLEASE tell me this is coming to the Ouya.

12. Breonna says:

my roomate’s mother-in-law makes $70 an hour on the laptop. She has been laid off for 8 months but last month her ine was $18584 just workinggo to this site home tab for more detail—>>> http://WWW.JOBS31.COM

13. wodin says:

That Pig death was rather disturbing..looks like it has some really cool gameplay features. Zombies don’t bother me in a game if the game is good.

14. wodin says:

Anyone still playing Project Zomboid? I was going to buy it on release..but god knows when release is\was..