Mark Of The Ninja DLC Sneaking Out

Staring Eyes
I’ve been saving Mark Of The Ninja for the winter months. Dark nights, curtains drawn, the room lit by a candle light that’s been strategically placed in a breeze to create rippled shadows. I might even move to Japan to enhance the experience. I’ve put it off this long, what’s a few more months for an unnecessary and stressful intercontinental move? And to everyone about to say “You should have played it already”, well waiting means I get to play the game with the newly announced DLC in one big pile of 2d stealth fun. This new DLC only adds a new prequel level and two new items to help you play more stealthily, but the biggest addition is my favourite game extras: a commentary track.

Klei Entertainment have recorded insights and japes for every level, including the prequel level, so I’ll be sat there with a chatty development friend talking about all their design decisions. It will be like I have friends! The Special Edition DLC be out on Steam on August 16th for $5. Here’s a trailer.

Ooh, I’ve suddenly remembered Ask A Ninja!

Via EG.

Sponsored links by Taboola

More from the web

From this site

Anthile says:

Mark of the Ninja is a near perfect game. My only complaint is that rampaging will almost always give you more points than ghosting.

• Dezmiatu says:

And terrorizing them first before you take them down. Which I don’t mind, because the path of terror is my favorite. It’s hilarious to cause a chain reaction of making an enemy scared, kill him, then have another come by and freak out from the body, shoot his friend, and repeat for as long as possible.

• luukdeman111 says:

I don’t think that really is true… but it’s a bit hard to notice because if you play stealthily you get a lot of points at the end of the level instead of during the level….

2. Kobest says:

“And to everyone about to say “You should have played it already”…damn it, Craig, that was the last straw, you should have played the game already!

But joking aside, I really hope that we will see a DRM-free release soon. Klei games have gone DRM-free recently, so I hope that Mark of the Ninja will follow suit.

Craig Pearson says:

I’ve flitted about the first level. It is good, but I had a run of work that snatched it away from me. I’ll return.

• Kobest says:

I’m a still waiting for a DRM-free version, so I haven’t even tried it out yet. That’s why I am not asking you to hand over your badge and gun! :)

3. pabraw says:

“The full Special Edition will be out on Steam on August 16th for $5, though the individual DLC price has yet to be determined. ”

Klei´s Facebook says the DLC will cost 4.99 USD (4.99 with no indication of currency according to their Twitter) / 400 MS Points, no reference to the Special Edition price.

4. FF56 says:

Thank you for reminding me about Ask a Ninja! Damn it’s been ages since I saw that

5. airtekh says:

This is an insta-buy for me.

Mark of the Ninja was my personal GOTY last year. It’s one of the best stealth games I’ve ever played for sure.

Hmm-Hmm. says:

Can’t agree more. It’s a great game.

• GunnerMcCaffrey says:

It was one of the best games of its year, and between it and Don’t Starve, I’ve few qualms about Klei holding some of my money for me, but… a third of the base price for just one level? That’s steep.

6. SuicideKing says:

I haven’t been able to play it, because it’s locked to 60 Hz, and on my CRT monitor, 60 Hz is painful. So it’s just lying there in my library. :(

• Nelsormensch says:

This is something we (hopefully!) will fix in the patch (which will just happen automatically on Steam, of course) that comes when the DLC does. We actually don’t have of them craaaaazy 120 Hz monitors at work, but I think our programmer fellows were able to figure out what the badness was and make it better.

If it still doesn’t work, *please* get in touch with us and we’ll keep trying to figure out the badness: link to forums.kleientertainment.com

• SuicideKing says:

Well, there is a thread on steam about this…but yes, i will get in touch, glad you’re aware of the issue, though.

I just need it to go upto 85 Hz so that my eyes don’t go nuts. (below 75 Hz there’s excessive flicker and eye strain on CRTs).

Steam thread: link to steamcommunity.com

7. Perjoss says:

I didn’t see this coming

8. valz says:

That’s some very lame-sounding DLC. Oh well, the game is so great that I’ll probably get the DLC anyway. Sigh.