Mark Of The Ninja DLC Sneaking Out

By Craig Pearson on August 8th, 2013 at 9:00 am.

Staring Eyes
I’ve been saving Mark Of The Ninja for the winter months. Dark nights, curtains drawn, the room lit by a candle light that’s been strategically placed in a breeze to create rippled shadows. I might even move to Japan to enhance the experience. I’ve put it off this long, what’s a few more months for an unnecessary and stressful intercontinental move? And to everyone about to say “You should have played it already”, well waiting means I get to play the game with the newly announced DLC in one big pile of 2d stealth fun. This new DLC only adds a new prequel level and two new items to help you play more stealthily, but the biggest addition is my favourite game extras: a commentary track.

Klei Entertainment have recorded insights and japes for every level, including the prequel level, so I’ll be sat there with a chatty development friend talking about all their design decisions. It will be like I have friends! The Special Edition DLC be out on Steam on August 16th for $5. Here’s a trailer.

Ooh, I’ve suddenly remembered Ask A Ninja!

Via EG.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Anthile says:

Mark of the Ninja is a near perfect game. My only complaint is that rampaging will almost always give you more points than ghosting.

• Dezmiatu says:

And terrorizing them first before you take them down. Which I don’t mind, because the path of terror is my favorite. It’s hilarious to cause a chain reaction of making an enemy scared, kill him, then have another come by and freak out from the body, shoot his friend, and repeat for as long as possible.

• luukdeman111 says:

I don’t think that really is true… but it’s a bit hard to notice because if you play stealthily you get a lot of points at the end of the level instead of during the level….

2. Kobest says:

“And to everyone about to say “You should have played it already”…damn it, Craig, that was the last straw, you should have played the game already!

But joking aside, I really hope that we will see a DRM-free release soon. Klei games have gone DRM-free recently, so I hope that Mark of the Ninja will follow suit.

3. pabraw says:

“The full Special Edition will be out on Steam on August 16th for $5, though the individual DLC price has yet to be determined. ”

Klei´s Facebook says the DLC will cost 4.99 USD (4.99 with no indication of currency according to their Twitter) / 400 MS Points, no reference to the Special Edition price.

4. FF56 says:

Thank you for reminding me about Ask a Ninja! Damn it’s been ages since I saw that

5. airtekh says:

This is an insta-buy for me.

Mark of the Ninja was my personal GOTY last year. It’s one of the best stealth games I’ve ever played for sure.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Can’t agree more. It’s a great game.

• GunnerMcCaffrey says:

It was one of the best games of its year, and between it and Don’t Starve, I’ve few qualms about Klei holding some of my money for me, but… a third of the base price for just one level? That’s steep.

6. SuicideKing says:

I haven’t been able to play it, because it’s locked to 60 Hz, and on my CRT monitor, 60 Hz is painful. So it’s just lying there in my library. :(

7. Perjoss says:

I didn’t see this coming

8. valz says:

That’s some very lame-sounding DLC. Oh well, the game is so great that I’ll probably get the DLC anyway. Sigh.

Comment on this story