Take A Peek At Neverwinter’s Furious Feywild

By John Walker on August 8th, 2013 at 7:00 pm.

Neverwinter’s first big content update, Fury Of The Feywild, is with us in just a couple of weeks. The actually rather good free-to-play MMO peculiarly failed to gouge me of cash as I played through it, so I’m pretty tempted to head back in to look at the new bits and bobs – they’ll be free too. There is, at last, a trailer showing some footage of it, albeit very briefly.

Here you go:

Wait, sorry, my mistake. This one:

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Freud says:

Fury of the Furries was a fantastic game.

2. Keyrock says:

Neverwinter does a pretty good job of enticing people with new outfits, races (read: more elves that look exactly like all the other elves), companions, and mounts for people to waste their money on. Yet none of that stuff really impacts gameplay in any profound way. Mounts allow you to move quicker but they’re useless in dungeons and outdoor maps aren’t big enough for the speed difference to be that beneficial over the cheapo horses you can buy for in-game earned gold. Companions are helpful but the premium companions aren’t that much better than the standard ones, not enough to make a major difference. Plus, you’ll eventually be able to upgrade standard companions to higher tiers… eventually… in theory. You can play the game and not spend a single penny and get to lev 60 easily and have a completely viable character for end game runs. It’s not in any way shape or form pay to win. That kind of free to play I can get behind.

• Flopper says:

Sucks that the gameplay is stiff and boring. In a game with an awesome action camera like this the inability to move and attack was a deal breaker for me. I’m done with games that root you to the ground while attacking. The game would have really shined if it was more mobile especially in PvP.

• Bashmet says:

I think I prefer the more realistic approach to combat. It was one problem I had with GW2, it just looked so damn silly being able to do all the attacks while running.

• frightlever says:

I agree about the combat. I told myself I’d go try NWN properly but my time in the Beta really put me off.

3. Don Reba says:

Did someone say “free boobs”?

4. TsunamiWombat says:

Yes but does it have more than four bloody classes now? Bard Barbarian Ranger Druid Paladin? Are the existing class variants opened up?

5. Skofnung says:

Damn bro, sounds LE EPIC XD XD XD.

6. Schneeble says:

Had a blast lvling to 60 with a friend, but got bored superfast after that. Will never get another crypticgame again :/, my own fault i hyped it too much.

Comment on this story