Assassin’s Creed: More Trailers Than A Tornado’s Tummy

By John Walker on August 14th, 2013 at 5:28 pm.

It’s a day of the week, and you know what that means! An Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag trailer! To fill in those dark nanoseconds between Splinter Cell trailers.

Why do we keep posting them? Because they’re good, actually. Proper in-game footage, rather than CGI flapping about, showing what looks like an intriguing game in great detail. This time it’s seven minutes of the game’s stealth.

Ubisoft have STILL not got back to us on whether the PC version is to be delayed. You’d think they’d think it important.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Noviere says:

I can’t help it… This looks like a fun game! :P

• cue kalamos says:

hopefully the game doesn’t hold your hand and force you down the path it wants you to take as much as the last ones do

2. golem09 says:

Haven’t had contact with the series after I played the first 15 minutes of AssCreed 2 and was baffled of how bad it all was.

• Carlos Danger says:

Yeah I think I tapped out on this series about the same time. Game play so repetitive and the storyline absolute drivel.

• Syra says:

errr ok best game in the series you should probably stay away from them, they only go downhill from 2 and brotherhood…

• FurryLippedSquid says:

Number 2 was absolutely superb you strange person!

The rest, not so much.

• Jimbo says:

At least you gave it a fair shot. There’s no room for quitters in The Creed anyway!

• TheBarringGaffner says:

I own three of the Assassin’s Creed games and have not played more than an hour of each. I find them so painfully boring, and I have no idea what people like about them.

• lordcooper says:

Maybe you should try playing beyond the tutorial?

Just a suggestion.

• Sian says:

Why do you even own three of them? A second chance, okay, but a third after playing each for only an hour? That’s baffling.

3. Jones says:

Best article title ever.

4. SuicideKing says:

Now i’m imagining CGI flapping about.

5. SuicideKing says:

“Ego vision?” i hope it’s optional because it doesn’t make sense in the 18th century.

6. vecordae says:

I am certain the title would have been more amusing for me had I not lost several relatives to that exact set of circumstances. Oh, the perils of poverty in Tornado Alley.

7. Choca says:

Do you get to play as Guybrush at some point ?

8. Brayduck says:

I would just like to point out how absurdly ridiculous that hoodie looks. At least in the first game your outfit made sense, but this is a joke.

• Shodex says:

In the first it made sense, in the second it looked stylish, from then on it got a little silly. I get that it’s an iconic element of the series, and it ties into the lore. But pirates didn’t wear white hoodies.

9. empty_other says:

The gameplay is repetative, its overly burly main characters are usually lacking any personality, the future part of the plot is crap, main story assassin missions are anything but stealthy.
    This series is somewhat of a conundrum for me, because despite all this i still love playing them.

10. Gap Gen says:

Ah, Pirate Times, when the phrase “yo ho ho” wasn’t horribly sexist. When beards were on fire and everyone talked a bit like they were from Bristol. When something that’s romanticised now was brutal and uncompromising for all concerned.

I mean, I’m sure kids 300 years from now will dress up as Mexican drug gangs, and run round doing Narcomantas. Then again we did play Americans vs Iraqis in the playground, apparently.

• Shodex says:

“Then again we did play Americans vs Iraqis in the playground, apparently.”
      Maybe you did, it was always Humans vs Orcs for me.

11. Shodex says:

It’s an Assassin’s Creed game, which these days for me means I’ll be cynical until it’s released, and then I’ll buy it and play it endlessly. I know that I shouldn’t like everything the series has done and how far it’s gotten from the original point, and what made 2 so great, but I still have a lot of fun and I love the settings.

I’m probably the only person out there that really enjoyed 3 and wasn’t disappointed, though I do recognize it’s shortcomings. So I’ll play 4 despite the fact that I really wish they’d waited before they made another numbered title.

• LennyLeonardo says:

I feel the same way as you. They’re badly flawed in a lot of ways, but I just love them. They’re like the games you dreamed of playing as a kid. Except with trading.

12. The Evil Moose says:

The main thing that put me off of the Assassin’s Creed series is that they’re fairly easy games to start with and the sequels add more and more weapons and features that make the game even easier and it ends up making combat extremely one-sided in the players favor and stealth completely pointless.

13. DiFiasco says:

The game looks great to me – day 1 purchase.