Guilty Of Awesome: Framed

By Ben Barrett on August 21st, 2013 at 8:00 pm.

Comic books eh, who’d be interested in them? Don’t even move or nuffin’. You’d have to be a real hardcore nerd to take even the barest interest. Oh, that’s all of you, you say? And me as well? Alright then: the fantabulous looking Framed‘s premise is that by rearranging panels in a noir graphic novel you are given control of the direction and tone of the narrative. This forms a puzzle game where the challenge is to keep the main character alive through changing the context of his and other’s actions. It’s such a wonderfully simple premise that the fact I’ve never considered it┬ábefore, let alone played something like it, is laughable. Potential is dripping from Loveshack Entertainment‘s idea and there’s a trailer in the next frame.

I really, really want to see more but beyond a promise of a release this year, additional details are mighty scarce. It will, however, be on display in the Indie Games Arcade at this year’s Eurogamer Expo. If you’re going, take a look and come back with lots of lovely stories to rub in my silly face.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. yhancik says:

It reminds me of the well-named Storyteller : http://www.storyteller-game.com/

2. Grayman says:

A silhouette world where exit means enter

3. rustybroomhandle says:

While perhaps not quite the same thing, I was also quite impressed by Gorogoa: http://www.gorogoa.com/

Go ahead, try the demo iffen ye have not did yet done so, go go go.

4. mickiscoole says:

I got a chance to play this at PAX Australia a month ago. It was one of the more fun games I got to play the whole weekend.

5. Kein says:

Looks like Gorogoa indeed.

6. GamesInquirer says:

To me it looks like a story based sliding puzzle grow game, place things in the right order or fail. I prefer more conventional adventures like possibly Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse (which just got its first trailer: http://tinyurl.com/serpentcurse) but it could be neat if it plays well with a mouse.

7. The_Great_Skratsby says:

Chatted to some of the devs a while ago, really nice folks and an interesting visual puzzle game too.

8. Monkeh says:

*moves exit next to the first image*

Win.

In all seriousness, this does look fun, but it’s probably going to take quite some work to get enough diversity in there. Lets just hope that gets done.

Comment on this story